Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
So my new build , starting with idiot savant

S : 3
P : 3
E : 1
C : 3
I : 6
A : 1
L : 10

Should be fun.

Kudos to Bethesda for making the Luck build probably the most usefull out of all Fallouts, as the legendary monsters and weapons/armor are tied to luck now, and people say Bethesda cannot innovate!

Running an Idiot Savant with 10-1-9-1-1-1-6 right now. Luck also has Bloody Mess for dmg increase and a perk for increased for crt dmg (or chance).

Still with luck 6 and playing on Survival (which supposedly increases the odds for legendary shit) i only met 1 legendary monster, some kind of bear, which 1-hit killed me (no powah armor equipped, melee).

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Todd is making MILLIONS for Bethesda/Zenimax, how is that an Idiot? :M

Look at his stats:

153_150831160518_2.jpg

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I see what Todd did there, lvl 7 cha perk max level gives you +3 luck when you are drunk.

Proper way to play F4 is to be drunk all the time with luck 13. That's actualy pretty realitisc, you would expect a person to be devastated and drunk all the time after apocalypse and death of his family.

Suiboon

Novice
So a buddy of mine told me he likes Fallout 4 cause he likes "story games" that are massive and hates it when they're over in 10 hours. He plays almost exclusively on console and doesn't know what Fallout 1 & 2 are.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Dat moment when you realize that the build that Todd created is not a joke but is an actual viable build.

mind blown.

Sankarihauta

Prospernaut
Now all Fallout needs is Spore. I want a Spore DLC so I can create super mutants and my own FEVs to run wild on the wasteland.

makes sense to me. you can have the little creatures grow up in FEV liquid rather than water like in Spore.

Here is what the FEV brew might look like.

spore03.png

Mozg

Arcane
Why would you care about spending some perks/stat points to get more XP in a game that's level scaled and has infinite XP?

Doktor Best

Arcane

HA now i know what he was all about! All that money spent on his presidential campaign was for the sole purpose to gain the biggest amount of medial coverage possible, so he has all the medial attention on him when he spoils the ending for Fallout4! Salute to this man :hero:

Zeronet

Learned
Rockpapershotgun did a second 'review' where two other writers played it and then talked about it with the original reviewer. Much much more critical.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Check out, this review was on top because 8K people had tagged it as useful:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheKythia/recommended/377160

Apparently they moved it to the "funny" section because 400 people labeled it so... the funny gets much less visibility as it's not shown by default. There's talk of this being a deliberate move in the comments, and seems like a possibility.
I have seen a couple of new accounts pleading for people to upvote the positive ones and downvote the others.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/377160/discussions/0/496881136906922173/

And a few others but i can't find them anymore.

I guess beth employers didn't got their bonus:lol:

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Why would you care about spending some perks/stat points to get more XP in a game that's level scaled and has infinite XP?

Didnt they implement a "new and improved" system where, if you stay in an area, the enemies scale, but up to a certain max level or something like that. And then when you leave and return later you will find upscaled enemies. Otherwise it would be an excellent question and possibly undermine my build strategy,lol.

Check out, this review was on top because 8K people had tagged it as useful:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheKythia/recommended/377160

Apparently they moved it to the "funny" section because 400 people labeled it so... the funny gets much less visibility as it's not shown by default. There's talk of this being a deliberate move in the comments, and seems like a possibility.
The Pro's:
---------------
* there's a lot of Fallout in here
Voted for "funny".

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
Voted as "funny".

Yeah, the most demolishing part of that review is that it's from a player that sounds like a FO3/NV player, ciriticizing it. Those are the ones that hurt. They already know old-schoolers are mad, and they don't care because we don't count anymore.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Alfons

Prophet
Here's an impossible build. Try making a focused character that doesn't have VATS perks without a self-imposed level cap.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom