Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Rake

Arcane
No. I don't want Obsidian to touch Fallout ever again.

Rake

Arcane
Tell me that after PoE is out. Then we will know the answer.
But since their talent is in their writing, i would like them to continue making 2D, isometric, storyfag games with little combat. That way their games would be perfect for those that like these kind of games, while those that don't would be free to dismiss Obsidian once and for all.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
It's supposed to be baby's first RPG, so of course it isn't turn based.

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
I wish that Bethesda will stay close to the Elder Scrolls series, they made good job with that universe since Arena. Fallout is just not Beth thing, they are better at fantasy setting.
There are no other crpg titles around so much moddable and with that ammount of great mods (since Morrowind) like these games. There could be opinions about shallow gameplay,
LARP simulation (especially from old dicks who don't have time for playing becouse they are so busy) :excellent:, etc. but still ES universe is one of my favourites (i even had leather wrapper on two printed books "Encyclopedia Tamrielica" from Imperial Library :) , it delivers hell lot of Lore (
Books ! Consistent world history, fantastic world presentation and from part to part better mechanics . Only flaw for me are a lot of weak dialogues without mods (like genius Interesting NPCs for Skyrim),
and too much of the world in each game is without significant details. Making any mmorpg shit from great single player crpgs are huge mistake. Mmorpgs have zero climate and are just pure waste of time.
As for Fallout i agree that Obsidian made F:NV only partially better than Beth and its F3. They should look after some fresh and young Devs, who already knew original Fallouts but don't fear its importance while keeping committed to main attributes of these first 2 games.

mettalhed

Educated
Yes pls. I would love that.
If you mean the Ultima Online-like bit, I think that's an aside about this, not part of Sawyer's musings.
No, i mean a TESO type Fallout MMO

Please god no.

No. I don't want Obsidian to touch Fallout ever again.

As shitty as Fallout 3 was, I really enjoyed New Vegas. Even is spite of the horrible engine/game mechanics. If they were allowed to do a Fallout 4 spinoff after Bethsoft releases their abortion I would definitely play it and probably enjoy it. I would like it even better if Obsidian would just make a new post-apoc, 50s pulp, sci-fi inspired RPG of their own though. Turn based of course.

Edited: Because i'm a retard and fucked up the quotes. Like 5 times. LOL!!!

Last edited:

Rake

Arcane
I would like it even better if Obsidian would just make a new post-apoc, 50s pulp, sci-fi inspired RPG of their own though. Turn based of course.
And 2D Isometric. A thousand times this. Fallout 4:Spin Off would still uses Bethesda's abonination of an engine, and be a hiking sim. No matter how well writen, i don't care about something like that.
The only new Fallout i'm interested in is this :http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?forums/van-buren-a-fallout-adventure.86/

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
I wish that Bethesda will stay close to the Elder Scrolls series, they made good job with that universe since Arena. Fallout is just not Beth thing, they are better at fantasy setting.
I emphatically disagree that Bethesda made good job post-Morrowind, but I would rather they stick to fantasy than continue ruining Fallout. The Thalmor subplot they introduced in Skyrim was interesting, and I'd like to see it go somewhere.

I would like it even better if Obsidian would just make a new post-apoc, 50s pulp, sci-fi inspired RPG of their own though.
This. I think they've already done everything they can with the Fallout setting - if they did something too different, the grognards would all cry that it isn't Fallouty enough. The Fallout setting isn't that unique anyway, and creating a new setting would keep them from having to lick Bethesda's boots.

mettalhed

Educated
I would like it even better if Obsidian would just make a new post-apoc, 50s pulp, sci-fi inspired RPG of their own though. Turn based of course.
And 2D Isometric. A thousand times this. Fallout 4:Spin Off would still uses Bethesda's abonination of an engine, and be a hiking sim. No matter how well writen, i don't care about something like that.
The only new Fallout i'm interested in is this :http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?forums/van-buren-a-fallout-adventure.86/

2D Iso would be best, but i would settle for a 3D rotatable camera. Van Buren was going to use one after all. It's something i'm willing to compromise on.

I emphatically disagree that Bethesda made good job post-Morrowind, but I would rather they stick to fantasy than continue ruining Fallout. The Thalmor subplot they introduced in Skyrim was interesting, and I'd like to see it go somewhere.

I would like it even better if Obsidian would just make a new post-apoc, 50s pulp, sci-fi inspired RPG of their own though.
This. I think they've already done everything they can with the Fallout setting - if they did something too different, the grognards would all cry that it isn't Fallouty enough. The Fallout setting isn't that unique anyway, and creating a new setting would keep them from having to lick Bethesda's boots.

I always thought it would be interesting to see what they could do with a Fallout game that either took place before the original, or along the same time period as the first game, but in a different area. They could do Texas-Oklahoma-Louisiana, or maybe New York, or even Detroit.

This. I think they've already done everything they can with the Fallout setting - if they did something too different, the grognards would all cry that it isn't Fallouty enough.

Even Fallout 2 wasn't "Fallouty" enough. :M

It had its problems but it still felt like Fallout to me. The main problem was the all the dumbass Monty Python and other pop culture references, like the not Mike Tyson boxer or fucking Picard. Ii often thought about removing all of those references and replacing them with something more appropriate; if i knew how to mod Fallout, and had the time.

karfhud

Augur
It had its problems but it still felt like Fallout to me. The main problem was the all the dumbass Monty Python and other pop culture references, like the not Mike Tyson boxer or fucking Picard. Ii often thought about removing all of those references and replacing them with something more appropriate; if i knew how to mod Fallout, and had the time.

MCA actually admitted that in a couple of interviews, called it something along the lines of a rookie mistake, trying to squeeze in as many references as possible.

WalkinDude

Augur
Patron
Codex 2014

The whole game was a bunch of dumb references that are now still not funny and horribly dated. Fallout 1 is the only good fallout.

bonescraper

Fallout 2 is bigger, more reactive, better designed and better balanced. It's a better game. But why are we discussing good games in this shitty thread?

EG

Nullified
Better designed, but with a mass tone shift to the hilariously camp . . . /old argument

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom