Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Yet it quickly marches to its grave right in front of our eyes, no nuclear war necessary.

(and nothing of value was lost)

Everything changes as society moves through the years. Christmas is now a Winter party with presents, marriage is now a step up from boyfriend/girlfriend for those who give a fuck.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I doubt Bethesda would ever claim Fallout 3 was intended to be a "cRPG,"

That's apparently the case, they've washed their hands from the RPG dirt.

"America's first choice in post nuclear simulation", the banner proudly says (and iirc has said since 2007) on top of their official Fallout site.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I believe the apt description of Skyrim is 'vast as a lake but shallow as a pond.'

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I think that would actually do very well. But I don't think it wise to have 2 competing products (Zenimax already has elder scolls online).

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Didn't ESO already bomb? Everybody hated it as far as I remember.

I know two people who work for Zenimax Online Studios. One of them says the attitude over there oscillates between moderately worried and outright grim.

Perkel

Arcane
Yeah i read somewhere that they earned like 128mln so far where game costed a lot more than that with marketing campaign.

Project was a failure from inception, instead of creating MMO Elder Scrolls they made Hero engine every other RPG + FPP view on demand.
This neither gets hardcore nor casual people to jump on board.

edit:

also it isn't same market as their main RPGs like Fallout or ES series.

Tharkin2

Savant
I think getting TESO to consoles may be the only thing that can turn it around.I don't know how that is going though(already one delay that I know of)

Perkel

Arcane
I would love that idea only if they would destroy any connection to staple of MMORPGs.

I think getting TESO to consoles may be the only thing that can turn it around.I don't know how that is going though(already one delay that I know of)

I think future of MMORPG is cosmetics shop instead of P2W or subscription model.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Director... Josh Sawyer?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom