Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 3 reviewed!

Imbecile

Arbiter
Lets face it. He's 50% right

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
St. Toxic said:
So where's the difference? Is it the way you spoil something, or just the fact that you spoiled something, that matters? Is it the "artistic value" you're after?
If the sole reason of a post is to make retards less happy with their little game, I can't help but feel sorry for the person who made it.

gc051360

Scholar
Stevee Wonder said:
Vault Dweller said:
Stevee Wonder said:
Look, despite what you may think I am no noob here. I know all about the idea of 'retarded concepts' ....
You *are* a retarded concept, Stevee. Now shut the fuck up and go sit in the corner.

How about no.

FREEDOM OF SPEECH! THIS SITE WAS BUILT ON IT AMIRITE?

Admiral jimbob said:
This one's too feverish. He'll burn himself out in a week or so, max.
Actually you probably won't see me here anymore after today. I think the goal was accomplished. I didn't come here to convince people FO3 was good. The point was to get others to recognize what this site has become. Call it :declineofthecodex: if you want, but the fact is.. the media's view of you is completely justified and it only takes a few bad apples and couple of onlookers cheering them along to cement that.

So maybe things will change, but they probably won't. But since the peer pressure here is so intense maybe a few people that do have influence over the weaker members will convince them that representing this place in such light probably doesn't do a lot of good. And the lulz are pretty poor as well.

Freedom of speech is great. But, if you're going to use it to say retarded shit, what's the point?

And your basic premise seems to be that everyone here is bashing on Fallout 3 because it's a fad at the Codex. Maybe there is some truth to that. But I don't think that can explain a lot of the criticisms.

Go look at a lot of the stuff from FO3. It looks like shit. It looks exactly like Oblivion with guns.

MetalCraze

Arcane
I've just learned from the target audience that "Steel be with you" is in fact an easter egg and Fallout 2 had lots of those. So you are all wrong.
Oh and that I've seen Fallout 3 live doesn't count, because I didn't play it and I'm just an angry cunt who just don't like F3.

Elwro

Arcane
Yeah, I bet they decided to make the whole game an easter egg because, let's face it, people just love easter eggs.

Radisshu

Prophet
Stevee Wonder said:
Yes, but having one under a church makes sense. And exploding it next to the town and not having ANY COLLATERAL DAMAGE whatsoever is completely and totally logical.

Is that from Tactics? Because nobody here has said that Tactics is comparable to the first two games.

EDIT: Oh, he left? Nvm.

St. Toxic

Arcane
Elwro said:
If the sole reason of a post is to make retards less happy with their little game, I can't help but feel sorry for the person who made it.

By that logic, all your posts are sunshine and butterflies, because the feelings of potential readers is your number one concern. You never do things out of spite, to prove a point, to show your annoyance, to lift yourself via the demise of others, to further an argument or even to counter an argument, because, as we all know, the core of all these things is not simply a pointless exchange of information, but the will to influence the behavour of others, which is one of the primary desires you have as a human posting on the internets.

I mean, what do you really think is the difference between spewing out a list of well thought out grievences with a game, and simply trash talking/spoiling a game, if we for a minute assume that the consequences of both these actions are the same? It's method, the intention is the same. You know whatever facts you've picked up; there is no real need to share them with others if you're worried of stepping on toes and disillusioning potential consumers, so why do you do it? Do you think you're actually helping anyone by putting well thought out arguments on the table, contra just frothing at the mouth and being a douchebag? It makes no difference what you do. If a mind is made up, it will not budge, it will ignore you, however constructive or rabid you are, and the "uncertains" certainly don't need help from you in making their minds up, especially since it's none of your business what games these people play and what opinions they have.

Here's the short version: every post about a game that carries something negative, is posted with the sole concious or subconcious intent to strike at not only the game itself but also those who support it. Everyone with a good chunk of brain knows the potential consequences for their posts, and wether you post in spite of the consequences, or because of them, it makes no difference whatsoever; the intent is crystal clear.

Also, stop making a huge drama / decline tart piece on the spoiler invasion. You make it sound like the Codex beat down a group of Bethboys on the town, and then took a huge shit all over their faces and posted videos on Youtube (internetlingo). Remember; it was just a couple of dudes who went to the TES forums, posted a couple of lulzy plot-blocks of text, got their asses banned, and had a depressing afterparty in the "Fallout 3 leaked for Xbogs" thread. OH GOD! THE CODEX IS ON THE DECLINE! WE CANNOT ABIDE BY THIS INJUSTICE! SURELLY, YOU COULD HAVE JUST TALKED TO THE TES FANS IN A FRIENDLY AND EDUCATED MANNER, EXPLAINING YOUR STANDPOINT, WITHOUT HAVING TO SMUT YOUR WAY TO GLORY, WHICH WAS SHORTLIVED ANYWAY!? YOU MAKE ME SICK! Just fucking wave it off and get on with it. Get on with something, anything. Do a dramatic reading of this thread, whatever. Just let that shit go.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
WhiskeyWolf said:
St. Toxic said:
WhiskeyWolf said:
Does freedom of speech = anarchy.

Yes.
No, the freedom to do what you want = anarchy.

Anarchy means lack of leadership.

Dark Elf said:
Oh, thought you meant the ghouls in Fallout Tactics I heard about the other day.

There are indeed ghouls in Tactics who worship a non-detonated nuclear bomb in a church but you have to defend it for the Brotherhood so I guess he meant the one from the Cathedral.

Dark Elf said:
Didn't know it was a nuke behind the self destruct sequence triggered by the Master, are you sure about that? Anyway, the Cathedral is pretty far away from Adytown.

You can see the bomb if you go all the way to the lower level. You can even set the timer and leave the cathedral thus bypassing The Master completely. I did that on my first playthrough and did not meet The Master until the second time around. I got a bit confused with the story because at the time my English skills were very average and I did not understand why people talked of a Master I never encountered. Then I met him and I was like: "WTF is that thing?"

Elwro

Arcane
St. Toxic said:
Elwro said:

By that logic, all your posts are sunshine and butterflies, because the feelings of potential readers is your number one concern.
No. Notice I said "sole reason".
You never do things out of spite, to prove a point, to show your annoyance, to lift yourself via the demise of others, to further an argument or even to counter an argument, because, as we all know, the core of all these things is not simply a pointless exchange of information, but the will to influence the behavour of others, which is one of the primary desires you have as a human posting on the internets.
I'm not sure how any of these big words applies to childishly spoiling the game for the ESFtards.
I mean, what do you really think is the difference between spewing out a list of well thought out grievences with a game, and simply trash talking/spoiling a game, if we for a minute assume that the consequences of both these actions are the same?
If you assume consequences are the same, the reasonable conclusion is you shouldn't post at all and change the forum. The initial idea was to talk about "well thought out grievances with the game", right? So suppose you suddenly discover the forum you were going to post your grievances on is full of retards and nothing good could come of your post. So what do you do? I'd say "let's go to a different forum", you're saying "since it doesn't matter what I write, let me just post spoilers instead of my well thought out list". Reasonable?

Stevee Wonder said:
I didn't come here for replies. I came here to make a point. I think it was made, at least to some.
:lol: dude!

YeahhHHHH, you made teh difference!

You single handedly changed this place, in less then 100 post no less.

Fuck, you really think that highly of yourself don't you. :lol:

These "some" you speak of, didn't need you to get that point, they got it all by themselves. But you go right ahead and think you are some kind of a world changing revolutionary, able to morph whole e-communities by taking his dick out of his pants and wiggling it about for a few seconds.

*whistle* Damn dude is delusional.

Seboss

Liturgist
PC Powerplay gives a 9/10 rating to the game.

Pros:
- Brilliant art direction
- So much content!
- Three Dog. Yeah!

Cons:
- Odd character physics
- No timed autosave
- Map isn't too clear

They also reviewed Far Cry 2 giving it a perfect 10/10 rating.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
Seboss said:
PC Powerplay gives a 9/10 rating to the game. -seems a bit high, I'd say 8 or 8.5 on the modern scale where 7 is average.

Pros:
- Brilliant art direction - worse than 1 and 2, but still feels like Fallout
- So much content! - seems about as big as Fallout 2
- Three Dog. Yeah! - sounds like the koolaid guy. OH YEAH

Cons:
- Odd character physics - didn't make the Gothic series bad
- No timed autosave - whiny bitches
- Map isn't too clear - whiny bitches

They also reviewed Far Cry 2 giving it a perfect 10/10 rating. -fuck yeah

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Seboss said:
PC Powerplay gives a 9/10 rating to the game.

Pros:
- Brilliant art direction
- So much content!
- Three Dog. Yeah!

Cons:
- Odd character physics
- No timed autosave
- Map isn't too clear

They also reviewed Far Cry 2 giving it a perfect 10/10 rating.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DoppelG

Scholar
GlobalExplorer said:
+1 on the compression and silver plate thing. I already saw that problem with Stalker (ok not a RPG). The best free roaming ever I had with OFP (ok completely different genre), where you could walk drive / often vast distance, without meeting or being attacked by anything, like in real life.

I always hoped for someone to do a Morrowind mod, strip all content except landmass, add animals, some well hidden ruins, caves and treasures and then some cannibals, and call it "Abandoned Island". That would be fun, live in a shed, walk around long distances, hunt and look for something valuable. Provided the game made things really hard to find and not present everything on a silver plate.

Would work very well for post-apoc, think of something akin to the beginning in "Earth Abides", survivors roaming huge areas, breaking into shops, while nature the gets more and more hostile.

Don't really need any more confirmation on how much FO3 sucks, meh, feels like its been out for 2 years forever and knowing it sucked from day one.
That said, please do.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
DoppelG said:
GlobalExplorer said:
+1 on the compression and silver plate thing. I already saw that problem with Stalker (ok not a RPG). The best free roaming ever I had with OFP (ok completely different genre), where you could walk drive / often vast distance, without meeting or being attacked by anything, like in real life.

I always hoped for someone to do a Morrowind mod, strip all content except landmass, add animals, some well hidden ruins, caves and treasures and then some cannibals, and call it "Abandoned Island". That would be fun, live in a shed, walk around long distances, hunt and look for something valuable. Provided the game made things really hard to find and not present everything on a silver plate.

Would work very well for post-apoc, think of something akin to the beginning in "Earth Abides", survivors roaming huge areas, breaking into shops, while nature the gets more and more hostile.

Don't really need any more confirmation on how much FO3 sucks, meh, feels like its been out for 2 years forever and knowing it sucked from day one.
That said, please do.

That wouldn't be fun at all.

Deleted member 7219

I see what you did there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom