Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 1.5: Resurrection - fanmade Fallout game by Czechs

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Yeah the difficulty is off the charts at times. I'm playing a bruiser character with heroic strength, high unarmed and small guns and I still get demolished by most people, especially during random encounters.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
- Like some people mentioned in this thread, some edgy quests that seemed to try to be dark and mature but end up being just gross and out of place. Like the one about the pedophile dude with children in his basement. And you wanna know how to get a clue for this quest?
You talk with the recruting officer in the imperial city, and he is like "Sure, I will tell you what happened to this boy, if you let me fuck you in the ass!". There might be other ways to progress with the quest, but that was the one available for my character, a male one. Then you are presented an overly wordy masturbatory description of what kind of music the guy puts on trying to create some nice mood for the assfucking, and then bam, "He fucks you hard in the ass". Then you go and visit a pedo dungeon. I think it might be some sort of a reference to Pulp Fiction, with the wakizashi and baseball bat in the basement,

You can also

stealthily hack his terminal when he turns his back and read a message there. I did it with 35 sneak and 53 science during daytime

valcik

Arcane
I believe the mod must be using some of the changes to ammo penetration and damage values. My character that is wearing combat armour is still hit for 7-10hp a shot by a raider using the shitty 10mm pistol.
Correct, Resurrection goes with its own prototype files for various ammunition types, which makes any robber armed with 10mm armor piercing ammo loaded gun a very dangerous adversary. And vice versa, nothing can withstand solid burst of 14mm armor piercing bullets from your trusty Kriss SMG!

662037d7ceba3ca5.jpg

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Game is above F4 and other commercial shit but it does feels in moments like FoT scenario; which would not be bed if there were ways to finish quests peacefully; now you:

Go to the meeting and got ass raped by 3 guys with pistols without any option to use my superior diplomacy. Want to visit northern part of Caravan town? No option to hire cops to helps you rape from legion of death-claws.... etc etc... :decline: Some quests like this murder investigation in rathole is brilliant though with multiple ways to finish it. :incline:

I am not going say I am shocked by pixel children in vidya game being shot or by whore houses since I am neither SJW White Knight nor Puritan but language does seems to be juvenile... to much swear words and such; its like they modeled their gangsters, mercs and cops after Betheshsda raiders. From bits I coud understand from Fallout Nevada the dialogues there were more mature and game difficulty more suited to play it as diplomat... also the random encounters of Doom were toned down there too.

Fallout Nevada>Fallout Resurrection so far even I i barely understood the main plot in former.

Commissar Draco

Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I believe the mod must be using some of the changes to ammo penetration and damage values. My character that is wearing combat armour is still hit for 7-10hp a shot by a raider using the shitty 10mm pistol.
Correct, Resurrection goes with its own prototype files for various ammunition types, which makes any robber armed with 10mm armor piercing ammo loaded gun a very dangerous adversary. And vice versa, nothing can withstand solid burst of 14mm armor piercing bullets from your trusty Kriss SMG!

662037d7ceba3ca5.jpg

Anyway to get nice guns and armors early in game? I am after 3 town and still using shity shotgun... Also where to find some more meatshields aside from mutt and girl from FarGo caravan?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Anyway to get nice guns and armors early in game? I am after 3 town and still using shity shotgun... Also where to find some more meatshields aside from mutt and girl from FarGo caravan?

The shotgun and the 10mm SMG I found in the Sedit deathclaw lair (possible to clear out with shotty, deathclaws are easier than humans in this game) are the only useful small guns I've been able to loot so far at level 9. The pedophile also has a nice shotgun, but it requires 6 Str. I refuse to spend money at the store, so I'm only using looted stuff.

You can get another companion in the Imperial City in Albuquerque just by talking to her; she uses energy weapons, but there are at least 3 plasma pistols and 80 small energy cells just lying around in various containers in that area.

Zdzisiu

Arcane

662037d7ceba3ca5.jpg

The trader in Sedit main district has a good selection of guns. The prices might be slightly outside your range, but you can exchange a lot of the shitty pistols for a decent gun there.

valcik

Arcane
Comrade Commissar Draco
I reckon you've visited Sedit already, so your best bet is local weapon smith probably. She's working on some upgrades, so get your hands on custom-made weaponry ASAP! These are not cheap, definitely worth the bucks though, especially if you're rocking with Fast Shooter trait. Decent gun is a lifesaver in harsh wasteland! As for armor, there's not much to get anywhere that soon, with exception of merchant in Corath selling rusty metal armors. My advice - do not rush, explore the cities carefuly, and make your character as strong as it gets before moving to another city. Also, travel with caravans, that's good way how to survive in random encounters due to caravan guards support. Not mentioning some experience and loot granted by caravan runs.

Viata

Arcane
Good investigative work Viata!
.. You have two options: she pays you 1000 caps and you leave North Side forever(mercs shoots you on sight if you come back) or you talk her in to suicide.
I'll add one more option for combat-oriented dudes here:
Talk to Julian instead of confronting Alexa directly. Julian would pack up his gang and lead them to storm the north part of town, resulting in massive gang fight with a couple of possible outcomes - Alexa killed, Julian killed, or both of them killed eventually. None speech check needed for this alternative, be prepared for some really hard fight though!
There is also the better solution if you want fights and caps:
Before confronting Alexa or Julian. Do Julian's first quest(you can find 2 buffout on north side, 1 behind Alexa's building and the other inside a grave), start Alexa's first quest(can convince her to give you money for quest), then you go back to Julian to buy what you need for Alexa and start Julian second quest. As you go back to Alexa, do Julian's second quest at the Bartender but don't go back to him, instead go to Alexa. Give her the ammo, ask for 1000 caps. Now confront her and ask for 1000 caps for your silence. Then you just go back to Rat Hole(South Side and talk to Julian about Maria's killer. Enjoy money and everything else this battle gives you.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
I finally found a decent place to get free weapons and ammo through a quest that doesn't require any fighting:

The Corath main quest can be completed by a talker, probably on both sides but I chose Nestor. You can get through the first part of the final battle without ever firing a shot yourself, and then pick up all the loot (sniper rifles, brownings, rippers) off the bodies. The downside is that you have to either skip the second half of the battle or immediately fight it yourself.

valcik

Arcane
Viata
Yep, except one major disadvantage:
Providing Alexa with ammo is a bad move, because you'll face her armed up to the teeth including submachine guns instead of pistols in upcoming battle. Sure, you'll get better experience thanks to finishing her quest, and better loot after the battle. If you survive, that's it!
Choices and consequences alright! :)

Viata

Arcane
After starting some quests in Corath, the game's fps has become too low and unable to play and the only way to fix it is to change windows(ctrl+tab) every 10 seconds. Sadly this is happening to any save game I did before and if I start a new game too. I wonder if it's related to the number of save games. I have 7, does someone have more/same as me? Also, where I would delete them? Resurrection folder?

Lemming42

Arcane
After starting some quests in Corath, the game's fps has become too low and unable to play and the only way to fix it is to change windows(ctrl+tab) every 10 seconds. Sadly this is happening to any save game I did before and if I start a new game too. I wonder if it's related to the number of save games. I have 7, does someone have more/same as me? Also, where I would delete them? Resurrection folder?

I've got 9 saves and it seems to be running fine.

Commissar Draco

Patron
Finally cheated, stole and assassinated to afford the Annihilator (11 000 caps) :incline: Like how Mexicans thrown me away for speaking and accepting quest from ghouls too. So what I should hit next since I cant do last quest for Frederick with such small crew Corath or Albuquerque?

Viata

Arcane

I've got 9 saves and it seems to be running fine.
Yeah, just delete some save games and nothing change. It constant now, as soon as the game runs, 10 seconds in and fps drops. Sadly, I can't see how to fix it.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
^ Have you tried the other draw modes from the config?

Yeah, the game is a bit icky in that department. As a similar example, in the Rat Hole there's a girl junkie who is barely legal at best, teen at first. She craves for a dose so, as a male, you can offer her to work for the money. If you're evil, you can even mock her afterwards, refusing to pay. And she specifically states that she's a virgin.

Dunno, that's shitty because it just reeks of omega basement dweller fantasies too much.

And you believed her? :lol:

Bet she says that to every john.

Mortmal

Arcane
- I seem to be kinda stuck right now. I did the quest, joined the Hunters and now
I have to go to the mutants' camp to get inside the bunker there. The hunters wont give me any help and the guarding mutant wont let me pass. I think I could maybe try as a Children of the Cathedral, wearing the robe, but the thing is, I did the quest a few hours before and sold the robe already, to god knows who. Will probably try to look for it, there aint that many traders in the game anyway. The "just kill them all" approach wont work. You have to fight around 7 mutants. I could kill some of them, but the guys with rocket launchers will just hit me for 40-50hp and knock me down every other turn.
Will report later, if I manage to finish the game.
I could go past that using dialogue skills, so its nice to see for a simple mod that they really take more stats in account than commercial rpgs. But yes if you cant ,you are in for a big fight , in overall the combat in the game and the encounters are hard to extremely hard.

AetherVagrant

Cipher
Patron
Of course you cant kill 10 ghouls at the start of the game, or a bunch of deathclaws... I feel the developers put a lot of thought into making the difficulty more realistic. Many of the encounters I had were obviously meant to be nigh impossible and Pushed resorting to other means: running away, stealth, using companions (ive found 4 who can join so far) turning factions against each other, and the old plant-a-bomb fallout trick.

A lot of situations that make it very hard to be a shining knight even if one doesnt want to be evil, its a rough world, this one.

Also: great plot twist when you find out who you are. Better than f2s main quest in concept.

Cromwell

Arcane
Is it possible to talk nicol in sedit out of fighting you? I have speech 110 and shee wont let me talk her out of anything. Also is there a way to warn the sheriff? I would like to betray the mexicans but cant, the ghouls wont even talk to me anymore.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
.. and then bam, "He fucks you hard in the ass".

You can also

stealthily hack his terminal when he turns his back and read a message there. I did it with 35 sneak and 53 science during daytime
Or you can simply
get a clue out of his pocket using your Steal skill.

Or you can

ask the pickpocketing child to hack his computer if you recruited him into the army.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Of course you cant kill 10 ghouls at the start of the game, or a bunch of deathclaws... I feel the developers put a lot of thought into making the difficulty more realistic. Many of the encounters I had were obviously meant to be nigh impossible and Pushed resorting to other means: running away, stealth, using companions (ive found 4 who can join so far) turning factions against each other, and the old plant-a-bomb fallout trick.

A lot of situations that make it very hard to be a shining knight even if one doesnt want to be evil, its a rough world, this one.

Also: great plot twist when you find out who you are. Better than f2s main quest in concept.
I am not really talking about encounters being too hard. The biggest gripe I have with it at this point is that every encounter with ghoul patrols ends with me being dead within a turn or two. And I am not some level 1 character even. The encounters with the bigger groups of ghouls look like this for me. We spawn on the map, one or two of them get the first turn and shot at me, usually for around 15hp, or maybe 50 if that is the Power Armor Laser rifle ghoul. Then comes my turn, I can either stim up and shot once, or try to run away with my 10 ap. I run away, the whole band shots at me in their turn, and I am dead. Reload. Trying to walk from Sedith/Csomething to Albuquerque is an exercise in "Will I get ghoul patrol random encounter?" then I am dead and must reload. I can deal with it by saving frequently, or maybe I could invest more into outdoorsman. But at the moment, they are at the level of Enclave patrols random encounters from F2. I bet they are even more difficult with the changes to ammo penetration etc. Its straight up death on turn one.

But dont get me wrong, I like the mod. I like the multitude of solutions to quests. It is just my choice/luck that I decided to go with a more combat focused character for my first playthrough so my options are rather limited, and the combat is significantly more deadly than F2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom