Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fable 2, a sadly very buggy little game...

Barrow_Bug

Cipher
Soooo, of all the Codexers that have and/or are playing Fable 2 right now, NONE of you have had any problems?

Rohit_N

Prophet
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I returned the game today, but I remember one glitch.

Spoilers:

I did the quest where you seduce a ghost's former boyfriend and chose to give him a letter saying that the ghost never loved him. Even after he committed suicide and became a ghost himself, I still found his human form wandering around Bowerstone with the game displaying, "This villager wants to marry you!"

Dire Roach

Prophet
That's not a bug, he just pretended to kill himself so his ghost left his body. That way everyone is happy: you can still marry him and the ghosts get to be together! It's part of the game's philosophy to reward players no matter what they choose to do.

Rohit_N

Prophet
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Actually you see a scene with the two ghosts where the boyfriend learns the truth, decides he never wants to see his girlfriend again even in death, then runs away, ending the quest. (Though it's kinda weird to see a ghost "run" away) The player gets negative karma.

My brother did the opposite, instead marrying the girl (he played as a male, and so the quest giver was male instead) . When he confronted the ghost afterwards, he decided it was good of him to make her happy. Player gets positive karma.

It's a pretty black/white quest.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
It's very buggy/glitchy/unoptimized. It has the worst inventory ever. Long loading screens out the wazoo. Crashes more times than any console game I've ever played and lots of slowdowns despite there never being that many things on screen. There's lots of quests where you can screw yourself, or get screwed through no fault of your own, one quest some guy was leading me somewhere, and he got stuck on a door frame. He told me to look out a window at something so I did and then the game locked up because he wasn't where he was supposed to be.

Rosh

Erudite
Haha...shitty QA standards and the laziness of devs relying on patchable console games has finally bit someone in the ass hard.

Sad to see it was Peter, since I remember meeting him in the Bullfrog days. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
I've been reading about quite a few bugs and glitches for this game, a few of them being game breaking. I was lucky not to have encountered any of them on my playthrough. I'll definitely be waiting for that patch before playing again though, had no idea there were so many.

Rosh

Erudite
And now that I further look into the problem, the bugs look to be from quite amateurish mistakes. Who the hell is stupid enough to set a state flag at the end of interruptable NPC speech?

Oh, yeah, Lionhead. They can afford all that hype and not a single competent QA tester.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I can't believe this game is getting any positive reviews. I have a bunch of glitched stores only selling a book, I didn't know they were glitched I figured it was some lame thing where they'd only sell items when I progressed enough, but then I checked glitch lists. The funniest post is some kid who can't load half the maps, but he doesn't want to complain to Lionhead because he totally luvs Fable 2 and doesn't want them to think he is a pest.

Barrow_Bug

Cipher
I've read numerous posts on the Lionhead forums about players not being able to PLAY the game, period. It crashes every time without fail. Thank Fuck that hasn't happened to me. Yet.

TheWesDude

Arcane
Patron
i enjoyed fable 1, it was a nice action game.

of course i dont have a console so i will have to wait for fable 2 to hit pc

Deleted member 7219

Barrow_Bug said:
Soooo, of all the Codexers that have and/or are playing Fable 2 right now, NONE of you have had any problems?

Only had one problem, while playing last night, my Xbox gamertag got signed out. I pressed the Xbox button in the middle of the controller and went through the menus to try to reconnect. Suddenly, the game told me the active profile had been logged out, and kicked me out. I lost about an hour's worth of progress.

Besides that, there are just a few minor annoyances. Sometimes the dog gets stuck behind things (bad pathfinding), and the skill/quest/job/family reminders keep flashing up on the d-pad menu. Also, whoever thought it was a good idea to make the map screen so tiny should be fired. And the inventory is annoying too.

I've read numerous posts on the Lionhead forums about players not being able to PLAY the game, period. It crashes every time without fail. Thank Fuck that hasn't happened to me. Yet.

Usually people with those sort of problems are people with hacked Xboxes.

Deleted member 7219

mondblut said:
Barrow_Bug said:
Soooo, of all the Codexers that have and/or are playing Fable 2

There are any???

:declineofthecodex:

Oh sorry I keep forgetting that only Planescape Torment, Fallout and Arcanum are allowed to be played here.

Moron.

Oarfish

Prophet
Only had a couple of problems, mainly related to the damn dog getting stuck in the wall. One lock-up, but no quest breaking stuff has happened to me.

Really quite enjoying it, nice (if too easy) combat with decent voice acting and setting. The dog actually works well as a mini map too.

Silellak

Cipher
racofer said:
Who the fuck would spend money on such garbage anyway?

People who can appreciate a game for being fun for what it is and not expecting every game to be a Fallout.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Hey jacofer, I was wondering. Are there any RPGs that you actually do like?

And please remember, "NWN2 with a fixed camera" is not a valid answer.

Silellak

Cipher
racofer said:
Silellak said:
racofer said:
Who the fuck would spend money on such garbage anyway?

People who can appreciate a game for being fun for what it is and not expecting every game to be a Fallout.

Play World of Goo instead.

Why would I? I'm quite enjoying Fable 2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom