Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Etrian Odyssey Origins Collection

j2alg

Educated
a font fix already exists
but unfortunately it's the *ntold font, so you can't properly nostalgia

the game now lets you save from the camp menu. FUCKING ruined.

Kuruwin

Novice
Put over hours on the first game and one thing I'm definitely missing is those auto walking floor pannels. At least it seemed like they didn't add them to these version and that's bummer because it's not exactly fun to constantly run down several floors.

Jinn

Arcane
after they forgot to include Denuvo (lol) in the initial release, apparently now it's been patched in.
lol Atlus can't even manage to be their normal kind of bad at PC releases. It's like using alien technology for the first time for them.

I've never played any Etrian Odyssey games, but always really wanted to. Probably would have got this if it wasn't so goddamn outrageously priced

after they forgot to include Denuvo (lol) in the initial release, apparently now it's been patched in.
lol Atlus can't even manage to be their normal kind of bad at PC releases. It's like using alien technology for the first time for them.

I've never played any Etrian Odyssey games, but always really wanted to. Probably would have got this if it wasn't so goddamn outrageously priced
Just emulate them brah

Kuruwin

Novice
Unlike the original version, this has quick save that doesn't get deleted when loading it and that's already pretty nice upgrade over the original. It's kinda clunky to use the map feature on this one (switch) but the automapping does the biggest job for you and that's also great. Drawing everything yourself gets tedious after 1-2 of these games.

There's some other little improvements here and there that make for a smoother experience.

But yeah. I wouldn't recommend paying more than 15-20 euros/dollars for it.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
drawing your own maps was the best thing about Etrian Odyssey

saving anywhere is decline

seems like they made at least EO1 harder floor 20
you need to kill every foe before trying boss without resting this would be very brutal without saving

luckily I got all EO games in ds&3ds

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
I prefer emulating the dual screen that you can map on two monitors. Is there an option for dual monitor in the remake?

Reinhardt

Arcane
went straight to third game, because i remember downloading and playing wrong version on emulator years ago.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom