Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Etrian Odyssey Origins Collection

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Seems like its EO 1-2 and not untold versions. Hope there will be some balancing for EO1 at least

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
dear god 40 euros each + portrait dlcs :-D Oh well I got physical copies of all EO games so going to pass unless some significant balance changes

Ravielsk

Magister
What is it with Japs and having absolutely no sense when it comes to pricing? 40€ for a game from 2007 that already got re-released once and with Denuvo on top is just retarded. Chances are that if this follows the usual trend its also going to be buggy with a 50/50 chance for a patch that might fix it later.

Last edited:

Vorark

Erudite
Hah, so they followed exactly the same scheme as the "SEGA AGES Phantasy Star" Switch release from years ago: main game screen on the left, map on the right. For reference:

image.jpg

Shame about the retarded pricing + Denuvo combo. I've always wanted these games on PC but not like this.

Suicidal

Arcane
They're cool games and all but come on, remasters of 15 year old niche titles should not cost that much. $40 for the entire pack would have been much more reasonable.

quixotic

Learned
If there’s one thing you can count on, it’s Atlus being retarded. ESPECIALLY on the business side of things.
I know that everybody’s brought it up already but WHAT ARE THOSE PRICES?? WHY ARE THOSE PRICES? HOW ARE THOSE PRICES?

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I won't complain about this not being the untold versions for 1 and 2 (I honestly prefer the 2d monsters, at the very least), but it's still super weird that they aren't. Did they lose the source code or something?

I also assume there won't be any actual improvements, like including proper skill descriptions? Maybe they'll fix the broken ones at least. Probably not...

quixotic

Learned
I won't complain about this not being the untold versions for 1 and 2 (I honestly prefer the 2d monsters, at the very least), but it's still super weird that they aren't. Did they lose the source code or something?

I also assume there won't be any actual improvements, like including proper skill descriptions? Maybe they'll fix the broken ones at least. Probably not...
I saw some screenshots on the chans, one of then showed the buff/debuff info for the party/enemy, which wasn’t a thing before in the older ones.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
And Strange Journey still stays on the 3DS. What utter nonsense. Also, do the games come with an auto map or can you still draw it yourself?

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Some info from reddit:

Will have several changes to the user interface/quality of life aspects. The list here may not be exhaustive.

• Widescreen Support
    • Will be pulling some extra information on the right side when needed (e.g. shop purchase, mapping, etc
    • In combat, a small map is displayed at the bottom right.
  • HD text and portraits - enemies will be 2D as opposed to 3D models of 3DS series.
  • Remastered Soundtracks.
  • 3 Difficulty Modes - Picnic, Basic, Expert
  • Multiple Save Slots
  • Fast Walk is available.
  • Local and Internet (Online) Multiplayer Support for EO3 Sea Quest
  • Easy access to the monster compendium (in-combat included), quest log and skill tree
    • Visual Skill Tree with skill descriptions/ability to check next levels.
  • Apothecary is back (at least in EO2).
  • Touchscreen, Controller, and Mouse Control.
  • Mapping-related:
    • Full Auto Map exists (although exactly what it entails is not yet fully known)
    • Mapping icons can pull from the right to make use of horizontal space
    • Some options for default cursor location and making use of Z buttons.
  • Portraits/Character Creation
    • 24 New Portraits (new 5th portrait for the classes)
    • Also DLC portraits featuring Persona and SMT characters; will be included with launch copies
      • EO1: Ringo (Soul Hackers 2) and Joker (Persona 5)
      • EO2: Demi-Fiend (Shin Megami Tensei 3) and Teddy (Persona 4)
      • EO3: Nahobino (Shin Megami Tensei 5) and Aigis (Persona 3)
    • Can assign any portrait to any class
    • Gender Distinction for Prince/Princess (at least for JPN version).
  • Combat-related:
    • Ability to pull up Map/Dictionary (Codex) mid-battle. This includes enemy resistances to the ailments/binds/etc, like EO2U and onwards.
    • Ability to see buffs/debuffs as well as the duration

New portraits (persona + smt ones are dlc)
ip1z3xlms1ha1.png

6jsna0mms1ha1.png

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
If they dont do any balance changes I would skip EO1 for Citra + Untold 1 combo. EO2 is still worthwhile to play. EO3 is my favorite one and don't really need any balance changes.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I like EO3, but the subclassing system is p degenerate with how it devolves char building into sub gladiator on everyone and invest free skillpoints into charge for insane damage boost. EO4 improved that aspect a real lot.

And the sailing minigame is cancer.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
They added Harambe in the HD version or it was in the vanilla? Not sure since I've tried only 2nd game, only to sell most of my stuff when big financial crisis hit the fan...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom