Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Emulation central - recommendations in 1st post

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
If anyone willing to share their 3ds emulator files and maybe games i will appreciate, mine it's all screwed up after some hardware issues with the computer and last time i had to config was a pain in the ass.

flyingjohn

Arcane
If anyone willing to share their 3ds emulator files and maybe games i will appreciate, mine it's all screwed up after some hardware issues with the computer and last time i had to config was a pain in the ass.
There is not really much to mess around with.
You get the bios and the citra installer which gives you the options of stable or nightly installation. The only major differences and what you can actually change is the Vulkan backend in the nightly version.(not very stable yet)
Everything else is easy. One button control config and you only really mess with clock speed if a specific game needs it.

As for games, well google solves that.

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Was using citra, but it keep crashing on me, whence asking. Yuzu it's on a similar boat but that may be because wrong config. (I'm kinda of a noob when it comes to the newer emulators)

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Not an RPG nor really a FPS but interesting all the same: SILENT DEBUGGERS

Imagine if they did make this a space station rpg like a FP Xenophobe.

flyingjohn

Arcane
In the eternal clown world that is called emulation a single challenger reigned supreme in its retardness, Citra.
But now, not being content in being second, Xenia has decided to up its game:
F1_L_zVXoAgnOc0

-There is also a loud beeping noise along with the message. And if audio was disabled, it would attempt to bypass it by using the BIOS/PC speaker to beep as well. the warning also isn't a one-time thing, it would display every single time you opened an ISO.
-in addition, comments in the code accuses users of being "stupid", suffering from a "traumatic brain injury" and sets a "moron" flag on the user if the message box was skipped. it would also open a google search for how to extract a file. there was also a message box added that displayed "terminated due to lack of basic computer skills"

This has been reverted already, but it will happen again as the dev is a massive faggot. Next time he might even wipe your hdd to "punish" you.

Gerrard

Arcane
In the eternal clown world that is called emulation a single challenger reigned supreme in its retardness, Citra.
F1_L_zVXoAgnOc0

-There is also a loud beeping noise along with the message. And if audio was disabled, it would attempt to bypass it by using the BIOS/PC speaker to beep as well. the warning also isn't a one-time thing, it would display every single time you opened an ISO.
-in addition, comments in the code accuses users of being "stupid", suffering from a "traumatic brain injury" and sets a "moron" flag on the user if the message box was skipped. it would also open a google search for how to extract a file. there was also a message box added that displayed "terminated due to lack of basic computer skills"

This has been reverted already, but it will happen again as the dev is a massive faggot. Next time he might even wipe your hdd to "punish" you.
How many pronouns?

lightbane

Arcane
Modders and emulator devs (same thing) are getting crazier. Attempting to be legal while using a fucking emulator, for a long-forgotten console, is pure insanity and virtue-signalling. How do they know your ISO is legal anyway? It wouldn't be the first time that legal users are blamed of being pirates due a retarded security system.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Citra & Xenia are now shit or were always shit? Keep your old versions I guess (and someone will archive the best versions and release links to them for the emulation community while these virus fuckers seethe).

Ravielsk

Magister
F1_L_zVXoAgnOc0

What gets me is the last line "regardless of whether they own a physical copy". So in essence if I rip my still shrink wrapped of Ninety Nine Nights I am no less of a pirate than the guy who just torrented it. Bro, if you want to cancel the project just say so. No need to give people reasons to stone your ass.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Something I didn’t realize about all games created for all consoles throughout time is MOST are not rereleased. A small fraction. And they expect people to NOT rom dump or pirate. Ha!

Perkel

Arcane
Whole format (iso etc.) and checksum wars on emu are amazing to watch.

I go to retroarch discord monthly to play new user and ask why developers are retarded and build retroarch around rompacks rather than giving user ability to properly create his own database with art etc.

flyingjohn

Arcane
What's the latest drama related to citra? Being out of the loop when it come to those.
No drama, just incompetence.
From the Vulkan fuckup(worse performance and stability then the standalone forked version) to weird opengl fluctuations in performance(especially noticeable starting last year) to their laser focus on custom textures/home menu(which caused most issues).
All they really needed to do was not touch most of the stuff that was developed before most of the devs jumped ship on yuzu and maybe fix a thing or two. They even had one external contributor making the vulkan fork so they didn't even need to do much there.

Derringer

Prophet
Citra & Xenia are now shit or were always shit? Keep your old versions I guess (and someone will archive the best versions and release links to them for the emulation community while these virus fuckers seethe).
Citra is a dead unfinished project like desmume and a lot of people coding emulators nowadays have been shown to be e-whores or people larping as troons for attention, the emulation scene has always had e-whores on the old forums though (Squall Leonhart, mudlord to an extent), the 'devs' of these projects usually start lashing out against users when anyone contributing to it leaves and it's left a broken mess unless they're trying to get donation money from people.

Last edited:

Figaro

Barely Literate

They didn't get better or worse, so just functional. Vulkan is not going to fix that.

Last edited:

Ravielsk

Magister
Whole format (iso etc.) and checksum wars on emu are amazing to watch.

I go to retroarch discord monthly to play new user and ask why developers are retarded and build retroarch around rompacks rather than giving user ability to properly create his own database with art etc.
It gets even more retarded when you factor in eastern europe(or really any part of the world east of germany). Up until 2005-ish most consoles were just not being sold period, nevermind the games those were a straight up unobtanium. There is a number of games that you just cannot buy in eastern europe, not because they cost too much but because literary no one is selling them.

So demanding a legitimate copy of a 20 year old game when that game was barely or not at all sold in those regions is just the dictionary definition of a "dick move".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom