Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elite: Dangerous

Runciter

Augur
Frontier Developments are retards. They want to have the cake and eat it too.

They intend to develop the game under a continual, Minecraft-like development process where they charge people for playing an unfinished, bare-bones game. At the same time, they want to release it as if it were a normal game.

They want to develop the game with the freedom to make it as they want it, but they have made incompatible promises on Kickstarter.

They realise all this, which is why they never say any of this officially and never give you the full picture of what exactly they are doing. But from bits and pieces posted by their staff on their forum you can get an understanding of their intentions.

Last edited:

Bradylama

Arcane

I gave up searching for Wraak after hitting over a dozen UUSes. If you can't take down an anaconda with an eagle btw you're not tru Elite.

If you're going to pursue bounty missions you really need a K-Warrant scanner and FSD interdictor to chase down wanted ships in supercruise. Slowly moving between stellar objects while waiting for a UUS or interdiction isn't very fun.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Fought Wraak 3 times in a cobra. Killed him once, he jumped away once and I had to flee once. He's actually easier to fight in an eagle than a cobra because you've got an easier time staying out of his turret arcs.

Used to be the NPC anaconda only had turrets on the top, so you could stay beneath them and be safe. It seems liek Wraak has turrets below as well in Gamma, so you have to stay almost directly behind him unless you want a laser caress

Morkar Left

Game feels unfinished with only barebone content besides the ship simulation (which is good with subsystems and cockpit). It seems they just released because they ran out of money.

But my main problem is really that everything flies like a brick. Turning is so slow I'm feeling like I'm flying an X3 Merkur freighter besides sitting in an Eagle Longrange Fighter. Why they haven't just cloned Evochron Mercenarys excellent flight mechanics is beyond me (or I-War 2 flight mechanics).

There it is, my first kickstarter disappointment. Maybe will look into it sometime in the future but for now I'm more motivated to play Oolite and Evochron Mercenary again.

Morkar Left

Yes, all energy to engines, flying in the blue marker region. It's just designed this way and I can't stand it. Flying feels very clumsy. I wouldn't mind if an Anaconda would behave like this but an agile fighter craft?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Yes, all energy to engines, flying in the blue marker region. It's just designed this way and I can't stand it. Flying feels very clumsy. I wouldn't mind if an Anaconda would behave like this but an agile fighter craft?
Shrugs...well this is not an arcade game. And if you really want agility, turn off flight assistence, although that will make the handling very nervous.

Bradylama

Arcane
They better run a successful test of dynamic event progression before the actual launch date, or there's gonna be big problems.

Yeah, I finally got the cash I needed to get a better ship and... wow, I have been so spoiled by the agility of the Eagle... buuuut it is nice to not go up in flames if somebody so much as pokes you. I got the last bit of money I needed by killing our dear friend Wraak. It was fun, but I don't imagine that I'll be able to repeat that feat until I've mastered my new ship.

And hey, whilst it may feel like an early access title it's a hell of a lot more enjoyable than some of the other shite that's early access.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Pretty useful if you're planning to mine:

Not sure if the system he' smining in still has those rings... It was in the beta. But if you can find a metallic/metal rich ring with major/pristine reserves, that's what you wanna go to.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Exploration if you scanned the thingies yourself. Trade from selling the stuffies.

If anyone comes across gas giants with major/pristine metallic rings, lemme know. Everything I've found on th enet is ~200 ly away, and the "metal rich" rings are yielding mostly minerals @ ~1800/ton. Would like to mine some gold or palladium

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Exploit found!

Screw the infinite asteroids of gas giants!
1 - You want the clusters around a sun.
2 - Metallic/Pristine is still what to go for.
3 - Fly from asteroid to asteroid, mine a single chunk until you find one that drops palladium, gold or titanium.
4 - Once the asteroid is mined out and you've scooped the stuffies up, fly back towards the asteroid and park your ship
5 - Exit to main menu. Log back in.
6 - You are now facing the same asteroid, except it can be mined again.

Works in planet rings as well. But it's easier to lose track of your paydirt rock while scooping.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Exploit found!

3 - Fly from asteroid to asteroid, mine a single chunk until you find one that drops palladium, gold or titanium.
4 - Once the asteroid is mined out and you've scooped the stuffies up, fly back towards the asteroid and park your ship

Works in planet rings as well. But it's easier to lose track of your paydirt rock while scooping.
Now be a good boy and report it. :D

Whiran

Magister
Since I am interested in this game and will probably get it down the road I decided to see if I could pick up the free paint pack for Cobra ships.

Turns out I can.

I don't have the game yet but you can definitely buy the paints in preparation for getting the game.

https://store.elitedangerous.com/game-extras/cobra-nest-paint-pack.html

I now have the paint pack on the account I might (will) pick up the game on.

I have to give kudos to Frontier for allowing that. Well played Frontier.

bonescraper

Exploit found!

You don't have to relog. Just leave the USS and re-enter.

It's not a bug, it's a feature.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Exploit found!

You don't have to relog. Just leave the USS and re-enter.

It's not a bug, it's a feature.

Leaving/entering the USS means you'll have to find the same rock again. Relogging leaves you facing the right one. It's usually only 10% of the rocks in metallic rings that have the real paydirt metals

Bradylama

Arcane
This is two updates within 12 hours now.

Here is is the change log:

- Address issues identified via telemetry of items loading indefinitely
- Ignore the buyback flag for livery items. Fixes disappearing paint jobs
- Fix an assert that happened in HIP 77310
- Additional telemetry for remaining indefinite item loads

And a couple of server side changes:

- Stocked the Basic Discovery Scanner and Size 2 Class H Shield Generator modules in significantly more outfitting shops
- Many performance and reliability improvements

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
No glittering C-beams. Refund plz!
(Aztlan system)

qWywzPI.jpg

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron
Bought the game, T-Flight HOTAS X, Pro Micro board and GY-521 for edtracker(waiting to hear back from them about pcb and enclosure) Tried the combat training and the game seemed to run smoothly. My body is now ready.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom