Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
That's fine, but qBittorrent is still worth the upgrade as it does anything uTorrent does, but better. I've never had any issues with it.
Winamp works but it's a bit of a bitch to deal with a large collection with. I can have over 4500 songs on Quod Libet, edit their tags with a built in tag editor and sort through artist, album, year it was released and basically anything you can imagine. It's a good player. Also has a dark theme which is generally a requirement for me.

Quillon

Arcane
I use WMP to play songs. And I use WMP even under Linux.

I used WMP to impress peoplez back in the day, they waz seeing the kuul shit I waz listening through MSN messenger, one chick even told me she didn't know I waz this kuul to listen such kuul alt-rock shit.

Awful tymez.

After that phase I went back to using winamp 0.867 from 1969. Tho I've been using aimp for couple of years now, pretty kuul player.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
That's fine, but qBittorrent is still worth the upgrade as it does anything uTorrent does, but better. I've never had any issues with it.
Winamp works but it's a bit of a bitch to deal with a large collection with. I can have over 4500 songs on Quod Libet, edit their tags with a built in tag editor and sort through artist, album, year it was released and basically anything you can imagine. It's a good player. Also has a dark theme which is generally a requirement for me.
Yeah bittorrent is a good program,but i had problems using it on some sites.It could be because of a net supplier or some other shit,i don't remember.As for winamp it is strange that you have problems with big playlists.I use it some times with around 20 000 songs.I still painfully remember when some asshole encrypted my hand picked music collection.I had to search for the songs for days.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I just really dislike the interface when dealing with a lot of songs. Personal preference, I guess.
It really still does kick the llama's ass, though.

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
All that butthurt rage in the ELEX thread will just work for furthering the greatness of ELEX
giphy.gif

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I have this thread bookmarked so I can come back to see you all despair about how hideously shit the game is when you actually come to play it.

Of course, I'll accept if I'm wrong and the game is actually good. I wonder if you lot will do the same if the game is terrible. If the game is good, it will be a genuine surprise. You won't have the same excuse considering you had Risen 2 and Risen 3 as forewarning.
It just need to be better than FO4. And that's all it needs to do to be reasonable success.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I have this thread bookmarked so I can come back to see you all despair about how hideously shit the game is when you actually come to play it.

Of course, I'll accept if I'm wrong and the game is actually good. I wonder if you lot will do the same if the game is terrible. If the game is good, it will be a genuine surprise. You won't have the same excuse considering you had Risen 2 and Risen 3 as forewarning.
tumblr_ok2x1ou_XBh1s7e5k5o1_1280.jpg

ELEX LO VULT!

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
he finally found a game even more worthy of spending the next (last?) 20 years of his life trying to clone it - it will simply be called EVEN MORE ELEX (because by that time all other ELEX word combinations would be long ago copyrighted already due to all the expansions/prequels/sequels/spinoffs/reboots and mods, but still no DLCs of course!)

Cleve is not going to try to emulate it, Neanderthals know better. He humbled himself before ELEX and recognised the divine truth.

He finished Grimoire so he can spent the next 20 years of his life playing ELEX without mundane distractions like Grimoire. He is going straight to heaven unlike some heretics. Let's pray for them, by the way.

Jinn

Arcane
I look forward to actually having something to discuss in this thread. Even pre-release news/promotion has been extremely sparse.

Last edited:

Seeker
In My Safe Space
All you need to know is that the game has Factions, a mysterious main hero, an unrecognisable plot. You see, the world of Elex is the place where Xardas went when Gothic 3 ended. The fans of Elex are so prestigious that when you come here, not only you learn about the latest and hottest news regarding Elex's development, but you also educate yourself about proprietary software and the goodness that is open source(Elex will not be open source btw).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom