Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX II - Jax is back

PanDupa

Educated
So I'm seeing a lot of trademark Codex edgy, a lot of the "baah muh graphix, muh jank" type of comments by the normie masses and other useless fluff...

...but what about people who loved E1 and now are playing E2? What say you? Coz this is the only take that actually matters.
I like ELEX 1 and im pretty much PB fan in general, but E2 just doesn't click for me. Retarded dialogs, awful camera (which hopefully will be patched/modded). Hard to say but with every PB game I was just getting hooked with this one I had enough after 4 hours.

Israfael

Arcane
Haven't played it yet, is facial animation on PC as atrocious as it seems to be on the consoles (judging from the streams of journos)?

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
guyz, you should be playing shark simulator instead. SHark jumps higher than jaxxx flies

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
...but what about people who loved E1 and now are playing E2? What say you? Coz this is the only take that actually matters.
writing story quests are too early to judge, however exploration feel as good as previous game. i think the world itself look gorgeous, but somehow character models looks worse than risen 2 or 3. it's admittedly unpleasant to look at.

as far as i am concerned the most obvious part where they went full retard is the camera works. like i just can't what they are doing there. i am only around 3 hours in, somehow i had quite a lot of fun with this, but the state this game launched is just sad and it's really baffling they keeo doing the "1 step forward, 1 step backward" dance

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Let it be known, that Elex II reviewer Giancarlo Saldana | Gamepressure.com is obviously an AssCreed 4HD button-mash-eye-candy-wanker, who deems running through an exploratory-void, colosally-repetetive environs, hunting for the +0,551 dmg equipment change the pinnacle of gaming.
His spirit being so pure, elevated, and all-encompassing because: "Lo, there do I saw the historically 3/4 precise old Greece fresque!" (...the asshole likely mocked his History teacher for being a lost-cause, and barely made it through the school with a D).

Phew, that really needed to burst free.

Last edited:

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
writing story quests are too early to judge, however exploration feel as good as previous game. i think the world itself look gorgeous, but somehow character models looks worse than risen 2 or 3. it's admittedly unpleasant to look at.

as far as i am concerned the most obvious part where they went full retard is the camera works. like i just can't what they are doing there. i am only around 3 hours in, somehow i had quite a lot of fun with this, but the state this game launched is just sad and it's really baffling they keeo doing the "1 step forward, 1 step backward" dance
I don't understand what's wrong with the camera. All those reactions must mean something, I don't deny that. But I play on the 360 controller, auto-aim off, and I am having a blast with the ranged combat even against highly agile flies. This was unfathomable in other PB games, and frankly, in many action RPGs in general. Care to elaborate please? Is it possible that on some (more) systems, the sensitivity just doesn't work? For me, if I drag it all the way down, the camera is hardly moving. The sensitivity "4" means it takes almost a second to turn 90°

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Are attributes still just for unlocks or do they also scale your character now?

They add bonuses to stuff but pretty minor ones.

Also, this combat is abysmal. I feel like I'm going to have to find the local equivalent of the flamethrower ASAP to brute force through it.

The goddamn germanoid imbeciles had one job. All they had to do was NOT BREAK IT.

WELL

GUESS WHAT

JBro

Arbiter
The combat is weird. It feels like monsters kind of slide around sometimes. It's not much of an improvement over 1 imo. And the performance does suck. Also the character models look kind of...cartoony in a way? And yes the camera is awful.

I'm enjoying it so far though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jinn

Arcane
The game gives a terrible first impression, but even still from what I can tell there is going to be plenty here to enjoy despite some of the stupid decisions made. I'll be enjoying the game in a few weeks, hopefully with a patch or two that addresses the most egregious errors such as the camera.

Don't despair too much, Codex. Darth Roxor, maybe give Chronicles of Myrtana: Archolos a try while waiting for patches. I was afraid it'd trounce ELEX II, and it looks like I was right in my fears despite there being a number of things there to enjoy.

Murk

Arcane
Are attributes still just for unlocks or do they also scale your character now? Don't think I've seen this mentioned anywhere.

They grant bonuses and the UI shows what they are though it's not exactly 1 STR = +1 damage. More like every few points of STR gives you a bonus to damage, but there's no LP cost with it, once you meat the threshold you get the bonus.

Also if you haven't played Archolos, then yes definitely play that.

I have a trip lined up this week so I'll be out a few days -- here's hoping the camera gets fixed in that time.

Only spent about an hour so far and the zoom issue in a game with so much exploration as this is mind boggling.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
seeing some decline in how the quest are explained too. "you can find limestones around here" around here WHEREE! i ended up using the map markers.

the same with the skyand scouts location. adam just said pretty much i'll mark it on your map

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Glad to see another Codex darling shit the bed.
I respect you (mostly :) ). If your remark was about my rude critique of the unsavory, superficial review, and thus me staining the civil tone of this thread, I hereby apologize for my French, and I will try to ease on it the the next time.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I respect you (mostly :) ). If your remark was about my rude critique of the unsavory, superficial review, and thus me staining the civil tone of this thread, I hereby apologize for my French, and I will try to ease on it the the next time.

No, I just like to see things the Codex obsesses over irrationally turn out shit as expected.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron

No, I just like to see things the Codex obsesses over irrationally turn out shit as expected.
I don't quite follow, but I bid you good fortune nonetheless. Possibly with some extra EXP stashed in it :salute:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
C4G is pretty much the biggest piranha dork you can find on youtube. I agree with most of his points so far, but he tend to gloss over some of the flaws, but he does state to expect high amount of jank.

JBro

Arbiter
It's basically 5 points in an attribute = +1 whatever damage. Not quite what I wanted in terms of attributes making your character better but it's a step in the right direction.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom