Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX II - Jax is back

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Also you know what? I like dex. Like kid is legit likeable so far. He's reasonable, smart perceptive yet still naive and inexperienced and a bit too idealistic, but the kid got serious swag.

Basically said " dad you never come to the fort other kids are calling me bastard" ooof

Steezus

Savant
Patron
I was afraid it'd trounce ELEX II, and it looks like I was right in my fears despite there being a number of things there to enjoy.

Let's be serious, at no point in the entire history of the human race, did a single individual believe that Elex 2 would turn out better than Archolos.

Jinn

Arcane
Let's be serious, at no point in the entire history of the human race, did a single individual believe that Elex 2 would turn out better than Archolos.

I mean, I didn't. But I guarantee Roxor did.

Archolos is a masterpiece. It's absolutely better than ELEX 1. Modern day Piranha Bytes should study it if they want to make something fans of the games love.

just

Liturgist
Also you know what? I like dex. Like kid is legit likeable so far. He's reasonable, smart perceptive yet still naive and inexperienced and a bit too idealistic, but the kid got serious swag.

Basically said " dad you never come to the fort other kids are calling me bastard" ooof
coz he's a protag in elex3

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It's basically 5 points in an attribute = +1 whatever damage. Not quite what I wanted in terms of attributes making your character better but it's a step in the right direction.

And people complain about Joshua's "balance".

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
I like how Jax argues to Adam at some point...
that he is a hypocrite acting all of a sudden like he wants to save the humanity now, but being the part of the Hybrid some time ago.
There, there, Jaxie... Who used to be one of the strongest, meanest generals of the Albs here?

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Refunded. PB should not get away with this shit.
They playtested this forever, who the fuck thought that the camera zooming in-out and constantly switching positions was a good idea?
Let me tell you, the dialogue is as shitty even in German. It's disjointed, the VO is way worse than german ELEX 1.
Faces.
This has to be the first PB game I started at Hard diff. and can easily LB-mash a chicken. WTF. It's very possible they designed the starting area to be as accessible as possible, but still, this is a BETRAYAL of a certain order.
Performance idk, GTX2080 ~ 70-80 fps outdoors, the graphics are improved by alot, even if it is not apparently visible. Textures seem to be more detailed.
I'd rather finish ELEX 1.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I like how Jax argues to Adam at some point...
that he is a hypocrite acting all of a sudden like he wants to save the humanity now, but being the part of the Hybrid some time ago.
There, there, Jaxie... Who used to be one of the strongest, meanest generals of the Albs here?

I think the chemistry between the two characters is retarded. Aside from a bit of shrugging and whining the big bad of the previous game (part of him anyway) and his biggest fan before the betrayal feels lifeless.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Let me tell you, the dialogue is as shitty even in German. It's disjointed, the VO is way worse than german ELEX 1.

Also this. The dialogues don't feel like conversations but like individual lines of speech delivered in a vacuum and spliced together, and the VO is almost shockingly lifeless.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom