Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Shadow of the Erdtree will have a separate levelling system borrowed from Sekiro.

https://www.pcgamer.com/elden-ring-...eveling-system-so-you-cant-just-steamroll-it/

mother-of-god-244-x-182-gif-5fpsg29lz8wueqkm.gif

Cheesedragon117

Educated
Jokes on him, I'm going to bring back my Antspur rapier and cheese everything with rot+frost so my attack power won't matter.
High chance you will be attacking for 3 years to score a single proc, or the new mechanic will affect status duration as well, tanking your DoT.

Hey, you could always run Poison Mist on that bitch to double up on DoTs. Or use the Rotten Stray Spirit Ashes to inflict a significantly more powerful version of Scarlet Rot. Either way, I admire your ambition.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
At last... at long last, the dungeater is *mine*. All mine. My... pwecious! What a perfect punishment for such a horrible turd.

Now, shall I try to roofie up Ranni and make her my puppet too?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
At last... at long last, the dungeater is *mine*. All mine. My... pwecious! What a perfect punishment for such a horrible turd.

Now, shall I try to roofie up Ranni and make her my puppet too?
Going for the master of puppets achievement I see.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
Once you hit 54 STR there isn't really much gain if you're two handing. So for this level 200 I went with 54 STR and 80 INT, casting Scholar's Armament with Lusat's staff. Shard of Alexander, spear talisman and exalted flesh boost the damage further. Come and trade with me.

Here's a 3v1 to show how the build does vs teams:

I ended up swapping the magic shrouding tear for crimson bubble tear because its effect on AR was actually minuscule. The loss in damage isn't noticeable at all and the bubble tear is a great fit. This build is made for taking risky trades.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Nokstella is absolutely beautiful. Breath-taking, even. I don't think any game has shown a more aesthetically-pleasing underground/underworld level than Elden Ring, and the Eternal Cities are the best part of that.

After Ranni's weird ascension quest, I'm not sure where to go. Proceed through the Lake of Rot, explore Dragonbarrows, or the Volcano Manor? I'll leave properly exploring Leyndell for the last.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Nokstella is absolutely beautiful. Breath-taking, even. I don't think any game has shown a more aesthetically-pleasing underground/underworld level than Elden Ring, and the Eternal Cities are the best part of that.

After Ranni's weird ascension quest, I'm not sure where to go. Proceed through the Lake of Rot, explore Dragonbarrows, or the Volcano Manor? I'll leave properly exploring Leyndell for the last.
You don't deserve this game. Uninstall it.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot

Ok, SDG, I feel sorry for you and all, but you need to learn to be less annoying. It's gotten you in trouble before, and it will again.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat

Ok, SDG, I feel sorry for you and all, but you need to learn to be less annoying. It's gotten you in trouble before, and it will again.
You keep using that name. I told you I don't know who that is. And the only annoying person in this thread is the reject who obsessed over crawling through sewers to become buddies with a coprophilliac for DAYS. Stfu about it Crispy/Liberal.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron

Consulting a guide on recommended levels by area, it seems that Mt. Gelmir / Volcano Manor is supposedly in the same range as Lake of Rot, while Dragonbarrow is somewhat above those two and the same range as Leyndell. However, my experience was that Dragonbarrow is definitely harder than Leyndell, while Mt. Gelmir is easier than Lake of Rot. :M

Child of Malkav

Erudite
That whole underground section with the eternal cities, the moghwyn palace etc. is incredibly good looking. The Astel fight is like you're in space, which is basically the whole theme of the place.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom