Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DX:HR leak impressions

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
J1M said:
Can someone explain the exact conditions for ghosting? Seems easy enough on the first mission but later I didn't often see it. Does it just require that nobody enter the hostile state? Or will making noise that attracts the enemy ruin it as well?
Fairly certain it just requires that enemies never go hostile. You can certainly kill enemies and get it.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Overall, I'm enjoying it.

The cover system sucks. I find switching to third person pretty jarring, and it feels like cheating, but I did find it pretty necessary to "ghost" in some areas. The augmentation selection feels like you're just trying to pick the least shittiest one. There's no melee weapons.

The health regen really isn't something to bitch about. It was there in the first one (and pretty broken if you focused in it), and you die pretty quickly in this game. Even on normal difficulty I was pretty surprised with how quickly you die. I miss lockpicks and multitools, but the hacking mini-game isn't terribly bad.

It feels like Deus Ex. The quests have multiple paths. The atmosphere, though more futuristic, feels right. And there's the way the gameworld reacts to your decisions. Nothing major, but the little things are nice. For example,
with the leader at the end of the first mission, you can kill him or have the police kill him, which gives some different dialogue elsewhere. You can also convince him to flee in which case he returns to help you out down the road. Or, you can taze his ass and find him in the police station.

There's my rambling thoughts.

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
meanwhileInPoland said:
you are all full of shit.

fukking kodeks cant believe that 2011 title can be better than 10 or 15 years old games.

no

fuck me

its not even 2011 title. its fukking beta version and its already better than any crpg from last 7 fukking years :yeah:

People look at the past with rose-tinted lenses.

Dxhr looks like the first worthy sequel in a decade. Cover system can be debated, but fits better in a tactical Deus Ex than a run and gun shooter.

If they do Th4 without third person "jumps," I'll be happy.

Also, art style > graphix resolution. Take that graphics whores!

Angthoron

Arcane
ArcturusXIV said:
People look at the past with rose-tinted lenses.

I'd love to see the reaction this line would bring to cinemaphiles. "Oh, cut that out, Transformers is better than Casablanca, come on, stop looking at the past with the rose-tinted nostalgia goggles! No giant robots, no Megan Fox, no glorious 3D, what the fuck is wrong with you people? This movie is in fucking black and white!" or "2012 is so much better than The Godfather, fuck you storyfaggy italyphiles"

Although seeing how the ever-hating Codex is so optimistic about this game, I actually pre-ordered DXHR. Looking forward to giving it a bit of pokin'.

Destroid

Arcane
Does anybody else find the long pauses in conversations (as you read the options), while your opposite animates in an awkward fashion a bit shitty? I'd prefer it if it froze or if at least the animations were more subtle so it doesn't look like every second person has a nerve disorder.

Also the extreme blurring is annoying too, hopefully you can turn it off in the full version.

Suchy

Arcane
Destroid said:
Does anybody else find the long pauses in conversations (as you read the options), while your opposite animates in an awkward fashion a bit shitty? I'd prefer it if it froze or if at least the animations were more subtle so it doesn't look like every second person has a nerve disorder.

Also the extreme blurring is annoying too, hopefully you can turn it off in the full version.
No, it totally needs ME style conversation wheel for better cinematic experience!
Next-gen, bro. Next-gen.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Destroid said:

It's subtle in bloodlines, just breathing and a expectant look normally.

FaChoi

Educated
So was messing around in Deus Ex: HR when;

529511-RPI5HWI.jpg

529536-BKFTVOR.jpg

851794_com_spa.jpg

Seems Tims robot building skill has improved since Private Iron "The Fuckist Upist"

529531-H7P31HB.jpg

elkston

Novice
Jack said:
....if you talk to the husband of the nigger you saved. ....

Excuse me? This guy says shit like this and he goes unchallenged for 12+ forum pages? I guess racism is alive and well at the Codex.

If anything, the mods should keep the forums where people discuss games clear of speech like this.

You actually don't think there are any of "us" here?

Kawaii Theurgist

Liturgist
@ Elkston

You are right. That's a horrible mistake. By context I believe it should have been Nigress instead, and I hope a mod will fix it.

elkston

Novice
Kawaii Theurgist said:
@ Elkston

You are right. That's a horrible mistake. By context I believe it should have been Nigress instead, and I hope a mod will fix it.

Yeah, real funny man. I am being serious here. The casual attitude towards racism here needs to STOP and needs to STOP now.

Radisshu

Prophet
elkston said:
Kawaii Theurgist said:
@ Elkston

Yeah, real funny man. I am being serious here. The casual attitude towards racism here needs to STOP and needs to STOP now.

Why don't you go get upset over people actually doing racist things rather than writing a particular word? Don't you think many real racists use politically correct terminology?

Esquilax

Arcane
elkston said:
Kawaii Theurgist said:
@ Elkston

Assuming you aren't a white dude who is trolling for shits and giggles, this is the Codex, man. Just how shit is, the moderation is very light around here. Your join date says 2004 so I'm pretty sure you're just fucking with us.

If what you've seen irritates you, I suggest heading to the General Discussion area. People in general tend to be a lot more tolerant and vocal against racial slurs there. Especially Higher Game.

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
Not to mention last picture thread the amount of sandnigger comments thrown about. If you show a soft spot, expect someone to poke it, I revealed a disability here and some spent three pages telling me how and why to kill myself. Which is worse? In conclusion, this is Codex, you know this by now, don't be over-thensitive, if you can take a dick, you can take a joke.

elkston

Novice
Radisshu said:
elkston said:
Kawaii Theurgist said:
@ Elkston

Why don't you go get upset over people actually doing racist things rather than writing a particular word? Don't you think many real racists use politically correct terminology?

Sure, but "real" racists are created because people let 'little" stuff like calling black people "N"-word slip when they think they are in safe company.

Anyone using that word anonymously on the Internet is capable of even worse in real life.

And yes, calling a black woman, even a fictional one, a nigger is a racist thing. It may be just a word to you, but to the people who are using it it is not, trust me.

elkston

Novice
Esquilax said:
Assuming you aren't a white dude who is trolling for shits and giggles, this is the Codex, man. Just how shit is, the moderation is very light around here. Your join date says 2004 so I'm pretty sure you're just fucking with us.

I'm not. People know who I am. I don't visit here often because the general atmosphere digsusts me. I joined back in 2004 to look around and have peeked in from time to time to check things out. It is a pity because there are really worthwhile/hardcore discussions here, but I simply can't fathom why accepting rampant racism has to "come with the deal".

If what you've seen irritates you, I suggest heading to the General Discussion area. People in g
eneral tend to be a lot more tolerant and vocal against racial slurs there. Especially Higher Game.

Ironically, I thought it would be the exact opposite. I thought Gen Discussion would be the wild west and these forums would be reserved for talking about games without the racial garbage.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
elkston said:
Radisshu said:
elkston said:
Kawaii Theurgist said:
@ Elkston

Sure, but "real" racists are created because people let 'little" stuff like calling black people "N"-word slip when they think they are in safe company.

Anyone using that word anonymously on the Internet is capable of even worse in real life.

And yes, calling a black woman, even a fictional one, a nigger is a racist thing. It may be just a word to you, but to the people who are using it it is not, trust me.

You have been registered here since 2004 and are just NOW offended by the use of Nigger?

You do need to try harder.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom