Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i just hope i won't have to upgrade my pc TOO much. doing it in my current political situation is not that easy.
if you can play the latest batch of REmakes should be fine, they're all very optimized (hopefully)

Dodo1610

Arcane
It's also the first open-world game with the RE engine so, it's going to be more hardware intensive than the linear RE games.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Doing some crack head theories here..

Resident Evil 4 Remake was announced on June 2022 and was released March this year.

And Capcom is being consitent about release games in One Year later after annoucement. So it's safe to say... Dragon's Dogma 2 Later this year (Dezember) or Early 2024 (January) because the annoucement trailer is turning one year... in One week. Also the game is being in development since 2019.

Also i just beat Dragon's Dogma main story in my Magick Only Run. Now BBI. Let's go
-tpD5aZkl6aY8uetawULAWe5d7q9F3CnLC1Y5aKjrW0.gif

Resident Evil 4 Remake was announced on June 2022 and was released March this year.

And Capcom is being consitent about release games in One Year later after annoucement. So it's safe to say... Dragon's Dogma 2 Later this year (Dezember) or Early 2024 (January) because the annoucement trailer is turning one year... in One week. Also the game is being in development since 2019.

Also i just beat Dragon's Dogma main story in my Magick Only Run. Now BBI. Let's go

The 2020 Capcom leak with what seems to be the pre-Covid schedule would help gauge when it’s likely coming out. Also should help guess what they’re going to be showing at the upcoming show.

Capcom-slate-FY20-24-Copy.png

Elttharion

Learned
It's also the first open-world game with the RE engine so, it's going to be more hardware intensive than the linear RE games.

How open is that Switch Monster Hunter game? Because that’s also a RE Engine game.
I wouldnt call MH open world. More like a level or map based game. You have a central hub (two with the expansion) and you depart to hunt monsters on one of these self contained maps. The one on the switch has relatively small maps and they clearly lack a lot of the more complex details I would expect from a new game, like Dragons Dogma 2.

The 2020 Capcom leak with what seems to be the pre-Covid schedule would help gauge when it’s likely coming out. Also should help guess what they’re going to be showing at the upcoming show.

Capcom-slate-FY20-24-Copy.png
CAPTAIN COMMANDO!!!!

On the other hand...

Deep Down is deader than dead :negative:

It’d be interesting to hear what exactly happened with Deep Down. There was some investors video or something that wasn’t meant to be public that Capcom accidentally made public on their YouTube channel that had some Deep Down footage like a year or two after it was last shown publicly. And it would be nice to not have to wait like 20 years to hear about what went down with all that stuff.

It was also being made in a new engine they were developing (Panta Rhei) that was originally meant to replace MT Framework.

It’d be interesting to hear what exactly happened with Deep Down. There was some investors video or something that wasn’t meant to be public that Capcom accidentally made public on their YouTube channel that had some Deep Down footage like a year or two after it was last shown publicly. And it would be nice to not have to wait like 20 years to hear about what went down with all that stuff.

It was also being made in a new engine they were developing (Panta Rhei) that was originally meant to replace MT Framework.
The game was like 90% completed but never released for some reason. I remeber it feeling like Capcom's answer to the Souls franchise.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Wasnt it shown in E3? Not like they accidentally uploaded it to youtube or something

The Deep Down hype all came from the first trailer where it looked like a gritty and weighty medieval fantasy third person dungeon crawler with multiplayer, their answer to Dark Souls. After it was revealed to be some weird videogame within a videogame isekai thing like Assassin's Creed the interest went away.
That shit had only been added to AC in the first place to get the project approved by a completely out of touch exec for whom "historical open world assassin prince of persia" wasn't a good enough concept. Probably the same asshole who forced the devs to litter the gameworld with all those useless collectibles and POIs at the last minute to please his ADHD kid. Ubisoft-styled open world games sell in spite of that crap, not because of it. Look at botw/rdr2/beth.

Last edited:

Wasnt it shown in E3? Not like they accidentally uploaded it to youtube or something

Yeah, it was shown at E3. It had a few big public showings, with at least one (maybe Tokyo Game Show) showing off quite a bit of gameplay. But the last time it showed up anywhere was like a year or two after that, when some footage showed up in some Japanese presentation video Capcom accidentally made public on YouTube. When that video came out people were wondering what was going on with the game since they’d been quite on it for a while.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom