Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Ash

Arcane
Yeah I really got owned by you spamming button parades combined with weak, retarded arguments. That'll show me and my objective truths.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Ash

Arcane
Except that post you linked to is extremely dumb, written by someone with no experience that thinks they have it all figured out. Bravo you dumb cunt. Stay in the Chrono Trigger threads where you belong.

Last edited:

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
Ash likes Resident Evil 4 and 5, Darkwood, (with forced day-night-cycle), and a whole lot of other shit.
He's the opposite of story-fags: if there's gameplay and no story, it's a 10/10, no matter how bad the gameplay actually is.
Complete retard.

Ash

Arcane
Shut up fork you dumb faggot.

But yes, gameplay generally does completely override story. Perhaps not to the point of 10/10, but I have my priorities straight that much is true. Also Darkwood has a story. And it is good. You just got filtered by the game's hardcore gameplay and so are completely inept in your understanding, yet love to talk shit about the game. Retard.

Ash

Arcane
Stick to the autistic shmups and jerking off to character creation screens with genital sliders, mid-wit.

Ash

Arcane
Sure thing. You become the sum of the people you hang around with. I don't want to scale myself down to your mediocre level.

destinae vomitus

Educated
Can there be any more of a feminine, retarded game feature than character creation screens that are purely cosmetic? I wouldn't miss it at all. Only women care about that shit. I just hit random.
Of course you popped in to say this in a thread regarding a game noted for its standout character creator that affects the gameplay in distinct ways unlike almost any other game.

Silverfish

Arbiter
Can there be any more of a feminine, retarded game feature than character creation screens that are purely cosmetic?

"The developers have given me the tools to create the perfect waifu, whose exploits I'll follow for the next 50 hours? How thoughtful."

gigachad.jpg

Ash

Arcane
Of course you popped in to say this in a thread regarding a game noted for its standout character creator that affects the gameplay in distinct ways unlike almost any other game.

I did not know. I only played the demo a long time ago now (and I most likely just hit random/default on char gen). Pretty cool.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Holy shit. I've finally gotten around to playing this for the first time. This game is doing everything right. All the spirit and fundamentals are there. My party of 3 mages is awesome, while simultaneously challenged. I am having an absolute blast with this game. The magic is spectacular and satisfying. Little secrets are hidden all over. The combat is visceral. I can't wait for more. My only complaint, is that this is obviously made for console, so the UI is absolute shit outside of combat. Totally forgivable, for what this is delivering though.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Who among you has seen the dragon? Who saw it raze a village at the southern shore? No doubt you were filled with fear and awe, with trepidation, with despair... And why? Because mankind e'er fears that which it does not understand. We dread the unknown, and ill know how to respond. At times, we abandon all thought and settle into the coward's refuge of desperation. 'Tis our nature, aye, but is it right? Is our only choice truly to bow down in submission to the awesome threat before us? No! I saw that our war against the unknown must begin with knowledge. We must come to understand the dragon...the Maker...ourselves. Let the light of human knowledge dispel the shadows of fear and desperation! For the day we truly understand the wyrm and well know ourselves, the path we must follow will be laid open before us. People of Gransys, we stand now at a crossroads. Do we submit to the tides of fear and chaos...or do we strike out? Strike out against the waves of hardship, valor and wisdom our rudder and oar? The true and just among us need turn not to the Faith, not the Crown, but instead to that voice within ourselves. To heed the exhortations of our souls! We must think for ourselves and act of ourselves, brothers. Therein lies our only hope of cleaving a path through chaos and fallen order, that we may walk steadfast into the future. Pray, place a hand o'er your breast and call your racing heart to calm. Doubt surrounds us at every quarter... Do not lose sight of the hope that lies beyond. Mistake not the light that shines beyond the dragon's shadow!

Black

Arcane
Shut up or I'll evict you again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom