Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
*MFW I one shooted Chimera using Spell Sync Glicel with my pawn and killed the Griffin mid air with Glicel after dropping two Bolides*

36520d5602dd227258edf245c5ffcbfadf7d8f40.gif

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
My mystic knight experience:

Finally learn 2 parry. Use demonswrath that can kill most small enemies with only shield. Try it on the drake. Fully charged demonswrath, then puke it right at his heart and OHKO him with 4 hp bars left. Now this is my gigachad vocation.

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
Quite sad that as beloved as this game is there has been next to no real effort to fix bugs or refresh its visuals. I was hoping for something like an AI upscale mod for all of the original textures, as while they are all very good as artwork goes, are very low resolution. Theres also a lack of a real AA solution, and persistent visual bugs and effects like SSAO aren't working in the PC port.

Black

Arcane
Update: going full sorcerer and then switching to magick archer is busted. You can annihilate any BBI room solo, it's disgusting. Both FABULOUS and 0IQ gameplay.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Update: going full sorcerer and then switching to magick archer is busted. You can annihilate any BBI room solo, it's disgusting. Both FABULOUS and 0IQ gameplay.

Have you tried hearing battle music in the tunnels and spamming ricochet shots down the halls and then just watching your XP increase without actually knowing what you're killing? :lol: Bonus points when you wipe out Death this way.

Biscotti

Arbiter
Patron
Seems like Warrior finally has ways to deal with airborne enemies that isn't just spamming jumping slashes over and over. Very nice.

Didn't even know they could do this

This game really gave you the solution for engaging party composition in rpgs. It's so cool to find little details like these and to see that the pawns are indeed quite intelligent.
And yes, if your pawn is dumb, then it's because you're being dumb yourself.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Ok let's not get carried away, I had a great time with DD1 and I'm looking forward to the sequel THIS MUCH but the best game ever?

Not even in my Top 50.

I guess people are really starving for a quality, traditional open world RPG by now, after years of either anime or AAA garbage or soulless turds like Starfield or AssCreed. Or stuff like Cyberpunk or Elden Ring which...well the former isn't really an RPG and the latter isn't really traditional.

It's telling that hunger for great Western-style open world RPGs has to be satiated by a Japanese studio. Very sad.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Not even in my Top 50.

Must be hard to find the room after jamming everything with a passing resemblance to Dark Souls up in there. :P
Well if you've been born after 2000 then maybe.

But my brother, I've been actively gaming since 1993. That's a lot of great games to compete with and in the midst of all these legends DD1 isn't really all that special.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom