Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dragon Age: Origins announced epically

Texas Red

Whiner
Why exactly would "Origins" dictate a sequel?

cardtrick

Arbiter
They did a good job with the press release, anyway; it has me intrigued. I like the things they chose to focus on, and the "origin stories" bit in particular. (Although it's too bad for Iron Tower . . . I can guarantee you that those among the unwashed hordes who can make it past the indie graphics will now be saying that AoD is ripping off Bioware.)

Also . . .
WalterKinde said:
a prequel trilogy (DAMN YOU GEORGE LUCAS).
Dark Individual said:
Why exactly would "Origins" dictate a sequel?

Read. Things.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"That bit about the origins and it impacting how the actual game goes sounds interesting provided it's not just a novelty after-thought."

Old news.

"I can guarantee you that those among the unwashed hordes who can make it past the indie graphics will now be saying that AoD is ripping off Bioware.) "

Meh. The unwashed masses don't even know about AoD, dumbass. Nor do they care about it.

And, again, teh origin stories is old news. They've been known since pretty much when the game was announced way back when.

aries202

Erudite
Mikayel said:
That bit about the origins and it impacting how the actual game goes sounds interesting provided it's not just a novelty after-thought.

This isn't an after-thought.

The devs. have said this from the very start. Or least since 2006? I believe?

David Gaider has mentioned time and time again that the origin(s) stories will have an impact on how the game's story plays; if you're a dwarf, and you run, you probably will run into somone from your past....and it ain't going to be pretty....

Anyway, this is PR-speak. We're immune to it. You can only use the word 'innovative' so many times before it becomes a shadow of itself, turning into the cliché it first tried so hard not to be.

I like the screens on IGN, though :)

Texas Red

Whiner
Volourn, after discussing every sentence Bio has given you for 5 years, I have to ask, was it worth it? You're sitting in your cheetos stained underwear with no girlfriend and for what?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Volourn, after discussing every sentence Bio has given you for 5 years,"

Actually, I ahven't. I'm not on the BIO baords that much. L0LS I just skim the sticky threads with all the needed info there like once a month. So, HA!

" I have to ask, was it worth it?"

Meh.

" You're sitting in your cheetos"

I hate cheetos.

" stained underwear"

hey, my udnerwear is chocolate brown by design!

" with no girlfriend and for what?"

No connection. I ahve no girlfriend as I'm ugly as shit. Games, and watchingc rybabies like internet geeks is how I feel better about myself. Because, girlfriend or no, I can rest easy knowing I'm a sueprior being that whiny internet geeks who cry over teasers. HAHAAH!

R00fles!

aries202

Erudite
Binary said:
But does the game have elf boobiez?

-ehm-

Maybe --- then again - maybe not.

If you're expecting to sse anything remotely D&D related in this game, don't. The elves will not be like the elves in D&D nor will tyhe dwarfes. There also seems to be some info that suggest that there may be two elven races in Dragon Age: Origens.

I have a feeliing that this game will do a topsey turvey on everything we thought we knew about rpgs, the setting and plots in them...

elander_

Arbiter
I like the idea of huge battles. Since they are too coward to make a TB game there may be an advantage for RTwP with huge battles. With a good selection of auto-pause options combat may actually be interesting.

Texas Red

Whiner
Volorun, at least you have bulging muscles and a huge penis, no?

For the record, how ugly are we talking here? Are you saying that a woman can't love your beautiful mind because of your appearance?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"For the record, how ugly are we talking here? Are you saying that a woman can't love your beautiful mind because of your appearance?"

I'm saying I'm so ugly that a prostitute wouldn't sleep with me if I offered her a billion dollars. R00fles!

Texas Red

Whiner
Volourn said:
"For the record, how ugly are we talking here? Are you saying that a woman can't love your beautiful mind because of your appearance?"

I'm saying I'm so ugly that a prostitute wouldn't sleep with me if I offered her a billion dollars. R00fles!

I'm really curious, what exactly makes you so ugly? What are those features?

Also, do you have a larger penis to compensate?

Lurkar

Scholar
For what it's worth, I'm liking what I'm hearing from Dragon Age. I'll probably check it out.

Also, as for Mask of the Betrayer using "epic" ten trillion times, to be fair, the levels it took place in were literally called "epic levels" in D&D.

DiverNB

Liturgist
I think I'm...how does everyone say it around here...cautiously optimistic?

But seriously, there isn't a whole lot to go on from that press release. I like to hear about the spell combat system though, slinging spell combos makes a lot more sense then just one spell at a time which most games have.

The huge battles is kind of a meh for me though. I don't want this turning into Dynasty Warriors: Dragon Age!

But hopefully they can deliver.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
X years in the making
XX millions of dollars in production costs

And Age of Decadence has a better website? Seriously Bio?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
And, DA will sell more copies hence BIo wins. Idiot.

P.S. Get off AOD's cock just because it's 'cool' to like 'independents'.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Get off the cock of telling people to get off cock just because you like cock and want to have a go.

And, I like, using inappropriate, commas, and. punctuation.

Lumpy

Arcane
Volourn said:
Get off AOD's cock just because it's 'cool' to like 'independents'.
1.45/10

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom