Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Dragon Age: In the End It Doesn't Even Matter

Turok

Erudite
RK47 The Chinquisitor keep the council war missions, that something to read at least.

PocketMine

Savant
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
RK47 The Chinquisitor keep the council war missions, that something to read at least.

I love how one of the "facebook" mission is called Search for the hack writer. sounds like a Bioware job recruitment message.

Any time they mention "Maker" ingame i always think of this for some unknown reason
tumblr_inline_mi6b906d991rqwupw.gif

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
gotta love how inside skyrim castle which is located on top of a mountain covered in snow, it is summertime.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
So...any characters you guys actually liked? Any comment on the cast?
I'm pretty annoyed by Darion mostly. Yeah yeah, we get it - you're all dandy mage. But I'm bored of you already.
Cassandra is pr. hard to like. I can see her point of view, but I think she may be in danger of losing it.
Cole is just craawwwlinnn in muh skin.
Solas is just Mr. Plot Advancer at this moment.

Everyone else is kinda bland - and it's possible they're trying to tone down the stuffies a bit. We'll see.

I find the sight of the dwarf pretty stupid, with his naked chest. It's like a male version of chainmail bikini. The grognard in me doesn't even like the female version, and at least that comes with eye candy - armor is supposed to cover any organs you wish to keep and all that. Also, something about that Cole character makes me want to punch him in the face.

It looks like a pretty standard Bioware cast - a bunch of irritating stereotypes the lot. I'm also not a fan of the "gotta catch em all" thing that they keep dragging in every game they make. Why do they do this? You can't take more than 3 of them on a mission so most of them are useless almost all of the time. You can't send them on any independent mission either, can you? So why, what's the point? To have them annoy you in the camp? To show off how they can't write an interesting character to save their lives?

RK47

Patron
I find the sight of the dwarf pretty stupid, with his naked chest. It's like a male version of chainmail bikini. The grognard in me doesn't even like the female version, and at least that comes with eye candy - armor is supposed to cover any organs you wish to keep and all that. Also, something about that Cole character makes me want to punch him in the face.

It looks like a pretty standard Bioware cast - a bunch of irritating stereotypes the lot. I'm also not a fan of the "gotta catch em all" thing that they keep dragging in every game they make. Why do they do this? You can't take more than 3 of them on a mission so most of them are useless almost all of the time. You can't send them on any independent mission either, can you? So why, what's the point? To have them annoy you in the camp? To show off how they can't write an interesting character to save their lives?

A lot of people play to experience these characters actually. But you are correct in your assessment.
I don't find any of them that interesting in terms of gameplay.
They play the same way until specialization kicks in.

I think I'll take Cole along tonight. I want to see if he has anything interesting to say.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Vivienne and Blackwall are the two I've liked most so far. Though I suppose you haven't really done much with them as of yet, so no exposure could be a factor.

BTW you didn't post

in this thread.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
So far Blackwell and Vivienne seems to be okay from what little I have seen them talking and so far best of the companions, but that may change when we actually see how they act in future.
Cassandra is better than what I feared she would have acted before the game was released. She might not be very likeable and game uses her to flatter the ego of player, but it will be intresting how she will grow or breakdown during the game...Put me in slightly ok in cassandare department.

As for Varrick, Ironbull and Doria...I don't find them annoying and Dorian is much better than I expected him to be, but all of them seem to be pretty much amusing one-liners spouting machines. They might make you chuckle once or twice, but ultimately not interesting characters from what I have seen.
They are slighly notch below vievienne, blackwell and Solas and in same laegue as cassandra.

As for Cole...Fuck that emo kid, fuck him hard.
Fortunately I don't have to see that elven archery chick to mumble fast speed nonsense in this lp.

Turok

Erudite
The combat in Dragon Age I is like a JRPG from 2013 2014, i don't see much diference, i guess thats most new game players like and kids.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The combat in Dragon Age I is like a JRPG from 2013 2014, i don't see much diference, i guess thats most new game players like and kids.

Judging from the videos I can't think of any JRPG that plays like this except possibly Final Fantasy XII (the tactics or "gambit" system was much better in that one though, and it wasn't reflex-based so I guess it's wrong to call it so similar after all).

This is more like, I dunno, a party-based Kingdoms of Amalur or something, except clunkier and less fluid.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012

Judging from the videos I can't think of any JRPG that plays like this except possibly Final Fantasy XII (the tactics or "gambit" system was much better in that one though, and it wasn't reflex-based so I guess it's wrong to call it similar after all).

This is more like, I dunno, a party-based Kingdoms of Amalur or something, except clunkier and less fluid.

I'm not a big fan of FFXII, but I'd put their gambit system above even the DA:O implementation of tactics.

As for the combat being similar to JRPGs, maybe Xenoblade?

But that's known for taking heavy cues from MMOs anyway. It could be a matter of convergent design. The combat animation for DA:I is definitely flashy in a manner you'd expect from a Japanese developer, though.

RK47

Patron

Judging from the videos I can't think of any JRPG that plays like this except possibly Final Fantasy XII (the tactics or "gambit" system was much better in that one though, and it wasn't reflex-based so I guess it's wrong to call it similar after all).

You can't even set automatic behaviors for individual skills like going stealth at 50% HP.
All you had are:
Drink Potion at % HP
How many Potion allocated to this guy per combat?
Do you want to activate automatic AI?
Do you prefer this skill to be given priority or not used at all?
:dead:

Turok

Erudite
It´s insane but what you call the boring part is where most people get entertainment. The gameplay is like playing a server MMO with no people, only me agains the damn server, fuking boring.

RK47

Patron
It´s insane but what you call the boring part is where most people get entertainment. The gameplay is like playing a server MMO with no people, only me agains the damn server, fuking boring.

Welcome to the minority.
Your opinion is just not what the majority feels and can be safely ignored when attempting to score the highest number of units sold.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom