Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Content Withheld From Vanilla Copy, Sold as DLC

Moray

Scholar
I never said it was OK, dipshit. I for one think it's ridiculous that they're taking what could have been a compelling and appealing aspect to the game and shilling it off as DLC that does, effectively, thereby ensure that it have no real point as far as the core of the game is concerned. It's a stupidly transparent shtick to milk more money.

Yep, I'm a total Biowhore.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Moray said:
GarfunkeL said:
Now we got a SIGNIFICANT element of gameplay, an actual stronghold for the player, which is DLC. That's nothing but pure milking, nothing else.

If I understand your meaning, it's arguable that something like a stronghold and relevant quests, as well as such things as various items and other superfluous additions constitute a "significant" element of gameplay. While it can be a nice addition, it's probably not a necessary and pivotal aspect of either the progress of the plot/story or a necessary element of gameplay mechanics.

HEY WHO ARE WE CALLING DIPSHIT HERE?

t's probably not a necessary and pivotal aspect of either the progress of the plot/story or a necessary element of gameplay mechanics.

I'd say that owning your own stronghold is a necessary element of gameplay mechanics, which should have been included in the 'vanilla' game, asshole. Keep on bending over for EA's big stick, mate.

EDIT: Just to clarify, yes, you never wrote "it's OK". But all your arguments came from the 'idea' that the DLC is just a minor thing which doesn't affect anything, so getting :rage: over it was useless and stupid. And I called your bullshit.

Livonya

Augur
Patron
GarfunkeL said:
Invasion of Biowhore sheeple!

THIS COCK TASTES GOOD, I'M GONNA SLURP IT UNTIL IT SHOOTS IT'S CREAMY GOODNESS IN TO MY MOUTH!

Fuck, why can't you assraped retards stay inside Biowhore-boards. where the only requirement is that you constantly compete how badly Bioware raped your ass. The one with the most dilated ass is the winner and gets to go on a date with David "the WIG" Gaider, where he will imitate the voice of your favorite romancable character. Yeah, go on.

Moray said:
If I understand your meaning, it's arguable that something like a stronghold and relevant quests, as well as such things as various items and other superfluous additions constitute a "significant" element of gameplay. While it can be a nice addition, it's probably not a necessary and pivotal aspect of either the progress of the plot/story or a necessary element of gameplay mechanics.

Since when has the option for a player to ACTUALLY OWN A STRONGHOLD and govern it, been a MINOR FEATURE? Or superfluous addition? What the fuck are you smoking, 'cause I definately want a hit off that bong.

I don't care how much money they make. That makes no difference to me.

Oh you should, since it makes all the difference for actual gamers.

All I care about is if the game is interesting/fun to play. End of story.

Then why the fuck are you playing Bioware games, instead of the real adventure games released in the last two years, which have engaging and exciting stories, instead of this printing press cookie cutter fantasy shit?

If Dragan Age turns out to be something that I like (which I doubt) then I could care less how much it costs. I payed $50 for TOEE. If TOEE had actually been everything I was hoping for then I would have gladly paid $250 for it. The only thing I dislike is paying for a game that I don't actually enjoy playing. If you don't like Dragan Age then don't buy the DLC. Is is that simple.

Oh ho ho ho. Santa Claus here with the Easter Bunny! Do WE have NEWS for you! We have a pure-bred liar here, who shelled out his hard earned money for Bioware-shit without a single complaint from BG onwards, because he just loves the taste! AND he tries to make us believe that he paid 50$ for ToEE and would have paid 250 when the truth is that you never even played the game. Where the hell do you think anyone asked for 50$ for ToEE? Seriously.

If you enjoy incredibly shitty gameplay, all the power to you, since all the big AAA-studios (meaning both Bethesda and Bioware) seem to hell bent on delivering you the exact amount of shit you need to survive. I guess next we'll have the "proof" that ME had C&C and JE had "deep storyline" and what ever the fuck you people cry yourself to sleep with.

Clearly I said that I doubt that I will like Dragon Age.

I actually have no intention of buying it.

If the reviews are really good then I might try it. But I am not holding my breath.

I am far more excited about the new version of Dwarf Fortress than I am about Dragon Age.

I don't care about the price of the game. If I have to pay $250 to get a good game then I will pay $250. All I want is a good game.

It is easier for me to get money than it is for me to get a good game.

GarfunkeL said:
Invasion of Biowhore sheeple!

THIS COCK TASTES GOOD, I'M GONNA SLURP IT UNTIL IT SHOOTS IT'S CREAMY GOODNESS IN TO MY MOUTH!

Fuck, why can't you assraped retards stay inside Biowhore-boards. where the only requirement is that you constantly compete how badly Bioware raped your ass. The one with the most dilated ass is the winner and gets to go on a date with David "the WIG" Gaider, where he will imitate the voice of your favorite romancable character. Yeah, go on.

Moray said:

Since when has the option for a player to ACTUALLY OWN A STRONGHOLD and govern it, been a MINOR FEATURE? Or superfluous addition? What the fuck are you smoking, 'cause I definately want a hit off that bong.

I don't care how much money they make. That makes no difference to me.

Oh you should, since it makes all the difference for actual gamers.

All I care about is if the game is interesting/fun to play. End of story.

Then why the fuck are you playing Bioware games, instead of the real adventure games released in the last two years, which have engaging and exciting stories, instead of this printing press cookie cutter fantasy shit?

If Dragan Age turns out to be something that I like (which I doubt) then I could care less how much it costs. I payed $50 for TOEE. If TOEE had actually been everything I was hoping for then I would have gladly paid $250 for it. The only thing I dislike is paying for a game that I don't actually enjoy playing. If you don't like Dragan Age then don't buy the DLC. Is is that simple.

Oh ho ho ho. Santa Claus here with the Easter Bunny! Do WE have NEWS for you! We have a pure-bred liar here, who shelled out his hard earned money for Bioware-shit without a single complaint from BG onwards, because he just loves the taste! AND he tries to make us believe that he paid 50$ for ToEE and would have paid 250 when the truth is that you never even played the game. Where the hell do you think anyone asked for 50$ for ToEE? Seriously.

If you enjoy incredibly shitty gameplay, all the power to you, since all the big AAA-studios (meaning both Bethesda and Bioware) seem to hell bent on delivering you the exact amount of shit you need to survive. I guess next we'll have the "proof" that ME had C&C and JE had "deep storyline" and what ever the fuck you people cry yourself to sleep with.

Uh...You don't know Livonya? Let me just leave you a hint; The Temple of Elemental Evil improvements made by Co8 probably would never have gotten as far as they did but for this person. If this is the real Liv, then they have certainly played, thoroughly, TOEE.

As for the rest, opinions are opinions, but I agree with you that this DLC on release day is a load of bollocks. Not for Bioware though. Thumbs up Bioware, you are perfecting the art of ripping off your customers! Get ready for the surge from other companies doing the same thing after its wild success.

two%20thumbs%20up.jpeg

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Then I don't understand - we all know that Dragon's Age will get nothing but 98 or 99 or 10/10 GAME OF THE YEAR scores from the mainstream gaming "journalists". Also, everyone knows that the "buy DLC on release date" is nothing but milking the cow for what its worth.

So wtf is the argument here, then?

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
The good thing is that I'm not likely to buy games from companies with those kind of practices.

I'll just sit here for a while, wait until the video game industry goes belly-up and then see it start again.

jml

Augur
Patron
I love how people are crying about price of DLC when you can get game for about 40 euros with DLC included. I.e. full game costs same as all new games. But keep on crying. Afterall Codex is known for it.

roll-a-die

Magister
So lets bitch about somethin else. Oh fuckshits someone make a borderlands thread lets tear it a new asshole.

I hear it's going to have DLC too...

Self-Ejected

BlitzKitchen

Self-Ejected
Patron
Codex 2012
racofer said:
super-wtf-gif.gif

Because this image needs to be shown on each page of this thread.
racofer said:
super-wtf-gif.gif

racofer said:
super-wtf-gif.gif

racofer said:
super-wtf-gif.gif

racofer said:
super-wtf-gif.gif

racofer said:
super-wtf-gif.gif

racofer said:
super-wtf-gif.gif

racofer said:

Trithne

Erudite
I think we're really missing the actually important discussion in this thread:
super-wtf-gif.gif

No-one's explained what this is yet.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
And now we have some 4chan reject spamming it in every thread.

GREAT!!!.

Maybe we can start spamming CP and bestially and then the transformation will be complete.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
This really isn't even remotely surprising. Everyone sane was bitching that shit like this would happen years ago when then started putting in crazy DRM crap. Now they're fucking scamming us harder then ever and the same retards that think malware and not owning your own fucking games is ok don't mind paying an unspecified sum of money for the rights to use an unspecified portion of a finished product.

Fuck it. If I ever feel inclined to pump some money to a game developer it'll be for dwarf fortress or cave story or something. I'd rather pay 300$ for dwarf fortress as is than 50$ for everything bethesda and bioware has done in the last 5 years. Fucking cunts don't deserve a dime.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Isn't that George Takei.
Clockwork Knight said:
And were bitching at bioware because...? This is entirely the public's fault, willing to lap it all up. Public asks for more sex, bio gives them more sex. Same with grittiness, blood, etc
Because Bioware is responsible for what they produce. And the public does not ask for more sexgrittinessdarkepicmatureblood. Some higher up suits think (yeah, I know, an oxymoron) that that kind of stuff sells well. Whether that is actually true or not is pretty much the same question as whether the chicken or the egg came first (even though that is answered in evolution ;)).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom