Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Dragon Age at first glance - Gamespy

DrattedTin

Liturgist
There are only three possiblities.

a) Volourn never finished the game.

b) Volourn thinks exploits are all fair parts of a fight,

or,

c) (the most likely) Volourn is high.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Re: Shitty little nerdy cunts on a rampage, whowee!

Trash said:
Yaddayaddayaddabarf. Fuckin' hell, do you guys tend to get tiresome little cunts or what. "shit casserole", sheesh...what do we actually know about it allready? Having your own opinion, having critisiscm, thats okay, but this old bashing gets soo fucking lame. Oh well, enjoy the niche, I'm too fucking tired for this crap right now.
Fuck you and don't forget to choke on your pepsi light,

Trash

Don't let the bitstream bump your ass on the way out.

Rosh

Erudite
Well, after seeing what BioWare can do with plenty of source materials and then reusing ages old puzzles without much imagination and reusing cliché plot elements that were cliché to the book version and P&P version of the genre long since, I really loathe to think about how craptacular this promises to be.

It won't be shit piled onto D&D or shit piled onto Star Wars this time, it looks like it will be just a pile of pure shit.

Anonymous

One time I was playing D&D with some idiots and for some reason we fought (and managed to kill) a Black Dragon at level 4 or so..

One of the idiots stabbed the dragon in the ass to see what happens and got sprayed with dragon shit, it messed him up.

Damn timezone makes me miss out on a good bitchfest. Here is my belated two cents.

The game will more than likely look amazing, be in a pseudo DnD setting with all the orcs and goblins and such but since DnD doesn't have the right to call these original creations in the first place you can't really say they're ripping them off. They are just being unoriginal bastards as usual.

The gameplay will be linear, but you'll be able to do quest b before you do quest a or vice versa, and despite the fact you HAVE to do both quests they'll say you have a choice.

There will be no choices that realy affect the game, the twists will be retarded, somebody will have amnesia. Somebody always has fucking amnesia.

The game will probably be relatively enjoyable for most and last a good few hours, with some great visuals and playschool humour. But it won't really be an rpg. Not like fallout was an rpg...

THATS NOT FUCKING GOOD ENOUGH.

Bioware try harder or I will hurt your children.

Anonymous

Gaider ate all the children, silly, he lured them into his gingerbread house.

Anonymous

hanselandgaider.JPG

SEE

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Volourn said:
i never said those games' combat were super ahrd or even ahrd; but they most assuredly were harder tan TOEE.
Disagree. BG1 was easy. There was more stuff to do in BG2 like dispel magic all the time, but that wasn't that hard. BG2 exp was easy with those uber spells and abilities. NWN was easy, KotOR (another DnD title) was pathetically easy. I didn't play SoU and HotU, so it's possible that they were hard but I doubt that.

Didn't we have this discussion earlier?
Indeed we had. It's nice to know that you're consistently unreasonable :wink:

I'm not gonna purpsoely "handicap" my game by rushing to the most difficult battles.
What are talking about? Go to the Moathouse, talk to Lareth, then go the Tower. No rushing, unless you're accustomed to farming for max exp first :P

Yet you post news articles of adevnture games ona RPG site?
As you've been told many times in the past, we cover every PC game that claims to be an RPG. Call it the education of masses if you need a reason. I'd like people to know that RPG doesn't mean stats, inventory, and side quests management.

Does. not. Compute.
I told you before that you have a crappy computer :lol:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
1. Sorry. No dice. You can point out how easy those games were, and I still found TOEE asier. Except KOTOR. Which was way too easy.

2. Right back at ya. :lol:

3. LOL No. And, no.

4. Yes, very crappy. Yet it runs every game properly except TOEE. LOL

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Well... i cna't deny the fact that i'mw eird. That's undisputable. :D

That said, there are LOTS of people who found TOEE much easier than NWN. And, none of them are as weird as me as that's impossible. :P

Transcendent One

Liturgist
I'd like to meet some of those people, cause they are weird too. How can anything be considered hard where you can set your characters next to a pack of monsters, go out and fix some lunch, then come back, and sure your char will be battered up or dead and yet you can just rest anywhere for free and without monsters attacking you until you regain ALL your health, and of course if your henchman dies, big deal, just go to the temple, they get resurrected to full health (for free), and seriously if you die just respawn (you loose XP? big deal, it's not like you'll suffer too much considering all of the above mentioned things). Okay, maybe that last one will kinda screw you up a bit, big deal, it's not like you can die that often anyways, unless you try to deliberately screw yourself up (and in NWN, for that to happen, you really have to try HARD).

Oh I forgot that you can get fully healed at the temple... for free, anytime! :roll:

Oh and how can we forget the stone of recall, which can make even the toughest of the toughest of the toughest of NWN battles easy as.. a gibberling?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Oh... I see.. You don't count dying as being ahrd. When dying and respawning you consider that easy? LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

In the 95% of th game of TOEE I played I had a character die maybe 5 times max. In NWN, I did that much just in one particular battle.

In fact, most of TOEE's battles were simply easily. As in, I rarely got touched or fazed at all.

Jed

Cipher
I watched my friend playing HoU, and he got a phone call right before the battle with the Valsharessa or whatever the sexy evil drow lady boss is, and so he paused to take the call. For some reason NWN allows your screensaver to work, so his screensaver went up while he was on the phone. The same bug--er, I mean...GENYOUS DEZIGN also makes the cursor disappear once the screen saver is deactivated, and thus he couldn't continue playing, save, or quit out without CTRL+ATL+DELETEing, so he just unpaused to see what would happen. His fighter killed the Valsharessa all by itself! Needless to say, I laughed my ass off for so long, chuckling for days over that shit.

Furthermore, anyone who thinks ToEE is easy should go the swamp north of the pirate town. That shit kicked my ass for so long and I have a totally balanced party...

Volourn

Pretty Princess
VD: Come on, there, you know exaggertaion is a popular past time ehre by everyone. :D

X: Don't be funny. You know full well that most combat in TOEE the same would happen if it wasn't for the turn base aspect. Afterall, in a good number of battles, all i had to do was click, click, click to attack without any tatics at all. Lame. :(

And, you mean with the ginat frog king and the other creatures? Beh. It had its moments but it surely wans't hard. Definitely one of the better battles in the game though.

taks

Liturgist
i thought toee was EXTREMELY easy... however, there is a caveat to that... the RNG is so borked (common to almost any crpg these days) that IF you got on a bad run, anybody could kick your ass. the first time i did the swamp, i got crushed (and swallowed)... the second time with similar tactics (i knew by then the RNG was having issues, 10 rolls in a row of 4 and under got me the first time) took 3 rounds. the first attempt at the back door to the moathouse was rough, but i creamed 'em the 2nd.

the only other fight i had any issues with was the sneaky back way entrance to the temple with the chick that was bugged... invisible and couldn't die or something. i can't remember the bug.

taks

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom