Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Dominions 6

BATTLEMODE

Novice
Ok Dominions 6 is excellent, definitely a much better single player experience as the AI is better and there's SP diplo too. AI still has the occasional issue blessing it's sacreds but it's definitely a big improvement on Dom5. New nations are definitely on the higher skill cap end of things, good for veterans.

Bigger battle sizes make more impact on gameplay than it looks on paper, there's way more room for manoeuvre and the more gradiated AoE effect on the various spells means more control, while more troops and somewhat less mages means national troops are relevant for longer before it devolves into wizard wars.

Not played any MP yet, but Lucid's started covering the changes there, but at least in the 40 hours or so I've played in single player it's a big, big improvement over Dom5.

BATTLEMODE

Novice
3 days to go. Now the question is if we would see a crack for offline play or not.
You don't need a crack for offline play, Illwinter's stuff never required being connected to Steam to play, it runs from desktop no problems

Dayyālu

Arcane
Not played any MP yet, but Lucid's started covering the changes there, but at least in the 40 hours or so I've played in single player it's a big, big improvement over Dom5.

Wait, are you a Besta Tester? Weren't they like given to various Discord cliques or something this time

Happy to see someone with first-hand knowledge nonetheless here

I prefer Llama over Discord.

Llama will require the owner to update it properly. I'll keep a check to see if the system works, and I don't think a Discord account is required for the servers.... Malakal can probably explain it better than me.

I'll probably create a thread on the MP subforum in the next days.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I prefer Llama over Discord.

Fairly sure you don't even have to do anything assuming someone uses one of the discord servers to host the game, then passes on the IP. You just join from game client and maybe use a password.

The "issue" is having a server to connect to.

BATTLEMODE

Novice
any thoughts on the new magic path?
Glamour is awesome, they've split some spells off from Air and Astral, and added new spells to those paths to compensate. A lot of illusion, irish-elfie kinda crap you'd expect from glamour magic

BATTLEMODE

Novice
No not a beta tester, I got a review copy from Illwinter as I cover Dominions and CoE a fair bit on youtube.

Dayyālu

Arcane
No not a beta tester, I got a review copy from Illwinter as I cover Dominions and CoE a fair bit on youtube.

Oh well, welcome aboard! We once had a lively Dominions community here, i doubt Dominions 6 will revive it, but I guess we'll sqeeze a couple games.

BATTLEMODE

Novice

Oh well, welcome aboard! We once had a lively Dominions community here, i doubt Dominions 6 will revive it, but I guess we'll sqeeze a couple games.
Hey thanks! Appreciate that. Not sure whether you guys are into the youtube stuff but I've started posting a series on the game up here, more aimed at newbies in all honesty so it'll be a bit slow for vets and probably of limited interest to MP players, but here is. You can see the new UI features at least.

https://youtu.be/eZGqGCen8cw

Also happy to answer any questions you have before the game releases on Weds.

BATTLEMODE

Novice

Hope they didn't nerf summon spells even more than previously? I hate recruiting armies.
I understand that summons have been significantly boosted in terms of gem efficiency and numbers recruited, as the main focus on Dominions 6 is to increase battle sizes, make troops more relevant for longer and to delay battlefield-wide spells dominating till later in the game than before.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Hope they didn't nerf summon spells even more than previously? I hate recruiting armies.
I understand that summons have been significantly boosted in terms of gem efficiency and numbers recruited, as the main focus on Dominions 6 is to increase battle sizes, make troops more relevant for longer and to delay battlefield-wide spells dominating till later in the game than before.

Ahh finally time to go back to E10D10 LA Agartha pretenders.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Well, I have been wanting to try MP for a long time but never did since I had never been a member of any community hosting games. So I'm more than hyped to play now, with fellow members of this prestigious forum no less.

communard

Arcane
GET HYPE

Anybody know the changelog for MA Eriu? All I heard so far is Fir Bolg troops getting stealth and obviously it's going to have heavy glamour access.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
having to research high-level spells individually sounds kind of shit

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
With another price hike. Oh well, here we go.
You know the usual excuses: macroeconomic factors, supply chain issues, rising interest rates, cost of living increases, artificial scarcity, no raises in a decade, can't afford groceries, can't afford gas, recently laid off, etc.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Can't be worse than Rogue Trader, and hell, I don't even buy many games.

Apparently there's a word filter now for Pretender names

:lol:

Swedes gonna swede.

EDIT: Some of the new spells are hilarious. There's a DW Ritual that's essentially "fuck u underwater scum".

EDIT: Also I got fucked by buying at release, fucking Illfraud did a 15% discount like three hours after launch

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
EDIT: Also I got fucked by buying at release, fucking Illfraud did a 15% discount like three hours after launch
Yes, they fucked up. But the devs are encouraging users to get refunded in the Steam forums.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom