Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Do you want to read my Magical Diary?

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'd rather we had some rest to get rid of the excessive stress. Studying ain't gonna help us with that.

That said, since we can't choose to rest, I vote for doing some shopping. At a magic shop, specifically.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
22 - The Magic of Shopping

OK, I think I'm sick of studying for now, let's shop a bit. I have $30.00. It should be enough to get something.

Later, at the mall...

This branch of the mall looks like a dead end. There's only one shop front, and it's blacked out with a 'Coming Soon' sign on the door. Maybe I took a wrong turn?

01.jpg

Wow. Why even hide it? Do they pay taxes? Let's take a look...

02.jpg

Hmm. I can't afford all of the items. Just a few seems within my price range. I need to keep in mind of future expenses too. Who knows how much do I need to spend during the election?

There's some eyewear here... not that I have bad eyesight. And a cute tiara with no practical purpose aside from looking cute. And magical wands which I should get one someday. I won't even ask about the costume sets, they're really out of my league at the moment.

03.jpg

So..what do I get?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I'd rather we had some rest to get rid of the excessive stress. Studying ain't gonna help us with that.

I'm guessing the -stress would be hitting the videogames arcade and watching flashing lights.

[edit] Too slow

I guess +5 smart for $10 is ok. That's 5 weekends worth of study right there.

$10 Glasses

newcomer

Learned
I really want that wiggle wand :(
But what does smart actually do? Small boost to overall study? If it's just another boy-attracting stat then I suggest we SAVE

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Wacky Glasses sound like fun, but they're a tad too pricey. Let's go for the regular glasses for now, and then I suggest saving up for a Sextant (or maybe a Star Wand, although +5 doesn't look like much).

newcomer

Learned
And what's a furry set? will it turn our girl into utawarerumono's pseudo-furries? :incline:

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Stupid question:

What do Weird and Cute do?

anyway, I think we should save moneyz :keepmyjewgold:

RK47

Patron
22 - I'll take it

I finish my shopping and join my fellow students to return to the academy.
I guess I'll wear these from now on...

01.jpg

Review of my diary last week.

02.jpg

And my current selection of spells!

03.jpg

And that's the end of the week, next week is going to be hectic as hell. I hope I'm not just wasting time with the election.

Monday.

I awaken to a sharp rap on the door.

Miss 47, if you please?

A man's voice called out from outside. It's too damn early. I rubbed my eyes and put on my newly-purchased glasses before heading for the door. Once I step outside, I spot Professor Jerkface. As if Monday mornings can't get any worse...

04.jpg

jerk.jpg
Is there a problem?
rk.jpg
Err... No?

He sighs and hands me a folder bulging with papers. The label on it reads, 'Election Protocol.'

jerk.jpg
You will review these documents and meet me after class today to discuss your campaign strategy.

Wait, what?

jerk.jpg
Unless you'd prefer to forfeit now and save us both the trouble.

Who appointed you as my campaign manager anyway? I thought William's going to be do it?

rk-frown.jpg
No, sir.
jerk.jpg
Very well, then. Good day to you.

Just how much strategy is involved in this election, anyway? Goddamit, Virginia. I suppose I'll find out this afternoon... First, I have to decide on my schedule for this week.

05.jpg

I'm so damn tired I must insist on a goddamn break on Monday. So yeah, it's Rest on Monday. Tuesday to Fridays are up for discussion. I take off my glasses and head back to bed after ticking 'Sleep' on Monday schedule. I just gotta wake up at noon to meet up with Jerkface.

Radisshu

Prophet
Something that bothers me is how they first show a large image of the character and then use an identical image as a portrait for4whoever's speaking on the same fucking sceen

RK47

Patron
Good point. They shd just push the text box to the middle. Cover the torso area a bit.

newcomer

Learned
BLUE X 4

And again, what does smart actually do?
She did look somewhat weirder with that glass...

RK47

Patron
BLUE X 4

And again, what does smart actually do?
She did look somewhat weirder with that glass...

I guess it improves our learning chances? I'm not entirely sure myself.
I'm guessing
Strong = STR/CON
Smart = INT?
Cute = CHA?
Weird = LUK?

Also

campaign.jpg

Mrowak

Arcane
Ok bros, I played and finished the game (Codex, what are you turning me into :oops: ?). Should I spoil you which schools of magic I found most useful?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Ok bros, I played and finished the game (Codex, what are you turning me into :oops: ?).
9964.jpg

Should I spoil you which schools of magic I found most useful?
Yeah, ruin a perfectly good LP with spoilers. While you're at it, tell us the dates of all the events and what skill checks we need to pass them.
That sounds like an idea that totally wouldn't annoy the readers.
:rpgcodex:

Mrowak

Arcane
Ok bros, I played and finished the game (Codex, what are you turning me into :oops: ?).
9964.jpg

Should I spoil you which schools of magic I found most useful?
Yeah, ruin a perfectly good LP with spoilers. While you're at it, tell us the dates of all the events and what skill checks we need to pass them.
That sounds like an idea that totally wouldn't annoy the readers.
:rpgcodex:

Oh, come the fuck on... it's not that I'd be giving the solutions - it's more like a direction at what stuff is useful and what is useless.

I will only say that if you buy an item that improves your abilities it is important to attend the right classes - otherwise you won't get new spells which should normally be granted in the new skill-range.

My vote: Black, Black, White, Study

Also, Smart is FAR more important than Strong.

newcomer

Learned
You can do it in my AoD LP. :P

Ugh... I tried looking for it & instead stumbled on your oral hygiene thread... I don't know what to say about that thread...
Maybe it's time to brush my teeth...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom