Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
God dammit that Frederick quest.
I supposed to bring back a bloodstone for the injured immaculate in Silverglen, but for some reason the guy was dead by the time I got back. And now I have an unfinished quest in my journal. I hate this. At least put it under the failed quest tab.

Last edited:

Sodafish

Arcane
God dammit that Frederick quest.
I supposed to bring back a bloodstone for the injured immaculate in Silverglen, but for some reason the guy was dead by the time I got back. And know I have an unfinished quest in my journal. I hate this. At least put it under the failed quest tab.

Same thing happened to me.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Doesn't change the fact that quests will stay in the 'incomplete' state even if they can't be finished.. How hard is it to flaga quest for 'uncompleteable' (for whatever reason)? EPIC FAIL.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
That's because there is still something to do in that quest.
What? If you think about the imp, I got to him, and solved the imp's quest. I sent him back to Frederick, where he mourned his master for a second then took off. But Frederick's quest is still not solved.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
ROCK PAPER SCISSORS WORST MINIGAEM EVAR WHY ISNT THERE JUST A SKILLCHECK IN THE FORM OF A SKIP BUTTON OR STH

:retarded:

jdinatale

Cipher
It's amazing how a game that has been released for several weeks only has a fraction of number of pages of discussions as a game that's not even in beta yet.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
What? If you think about the imp, I got to him, and solved the imp's quest. I sent him back to Frederick, where he mourned his master for a second then took off. But Frederick's quest is still not solved.
did you craft the potion for the imp? Did you fight the spider queen before solving the quest?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
did you craft the potion for the imp? Did you fight the spider queen before solving the quest?
I crafted the potion, but the imp didn't take it from me during our conversation, but went back to his master anyway. I killed the spider queen long ago.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
I crafted the potion, but the imp didn't take it from me during our conversation, but went back to his master anyway. I killed the spider queen long ago.
If the imp went back to his master, he took the potion, otherwise he would be too scared. The quest was probably botched because Frederick was dead. If you fight the spider Frederick will enter the fight on your side, he hardly has any health left, perhaps that's how he was killed. I did his quest first and only afterwards fought the spider, and it worked. Some shoddy scripting here.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
You're sure it checks against skill? I doubt it. I never put anything in charisma and when I had a RPS against someone , 6 vs 2 points for me, which is almost impossible to win if you actually play it out, I just pressed spacebar and voila! Won.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Frederick? Imp? I must have missed quite a bit on my playthrough. Not to mention having only one room open in Homestead for the longest time due to bad weather.

was that a :troll:?

9536.jpg

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
If the imp went back to his master, he took the potion, otherwise he would be too scared. The quest was probably botched because Frederick was dead. If you fight the spider Frederick will enter the fight on your side, he hardly has any health left, perhaps that's how he was killed. I did his quest first and only afterwards fought the spider, and it worked. Some shoddy scripting here.
It is some buggy scripting probably. Meh whatever, I can live with it.

You're sure it checks against skill? I doubt it. I never put anything in charisma and when I had a RPS against someone , 6 vs 2 points for me, which is almost impossible to win if you actually play it out, I just pressed spacebar and voila! Won.
I'm almost certain that it doesn't check against your skill, it just plays a random RPS minigame instanteniously in the background.

I made my main dude a talker, invested in charisma and I lost that check more often than not even though most of the time my stat was higher than opponent's. That minigame should've happened only when required stats end up being equal between both parties, otherwise auto win or lose. I definitely agree that it was a bad idea to make that minigame happen every time, regardless of stats. I won't be wasting a single point on charisma in other playthrough.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
I'm almost certain that it doesn't check against your skill, it just plays a random RPS minigame instanteniously in the background.
Attitude and 3+charimsa skill+optionmodifier affects the dialouge auto skip.
Neither of you guys know this, stop acting like you do unless you quote a Larian post.

What we only know if play the RPS minigame, your Charisma + picking the right dialogue option (+ attitude?) affects how many "bubbles" you win per, um, roll.

We know nothing about what happens if the minigame is skipped. (And if you're trying to figure out via personal experience, then you better have a log of data rather than trying to remember based on anecdote)

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Neither of you guys know this, stop acting like you do unless you quote a Larian post.

What we only know if play the RPS minigame, your Charisma + picking the right dialogue option (+ attitude?) affects how many "bubbles" you win per, um, roll.

We know nothing about what happens if the minigame is skipped.
What we also know is that the result seems totally random when you hit space. There were occasions, when the "enemy" almost won all the "bubbles", and I had nothing, but after hitting space, I won the argument, despite having lower skill than the other guy.

That's why I think that it is random. I'm not entirely sure of course.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron

We know nothing about what happens if the minigame is skipped.
What we also know is that the result seems totally random when you hit space. There were occasions, when the "enemy" almost won all the "bubbles", and I had nothing, but after hitting space, I won the argument, despite having lower skill than the other guy.

That's why I think that it is random. I'm not entirely sure of course.
Of course you're (we're all) not entirely sure. That's the fucking point. Either

A) Get clarification from Larian
or
B) Tabulate each and every dialogue roll that you encounter, with both sides' stats, and the result. Analyze the data when you finish the game.

I don't proclaim don't know either way at all, because I usually just do the minigame lol. But seriously, where the fuck were you guys in Science class? Did your teacher not teach you to do multiple trials? And write stuff down because the human memory is shit?

ForkTong

Larian Studios
Developer
ROCK PAPER SCISSORS WORST MINIGAEM EVAR WHY ISNT THERE JUST A SKILLCHECK IN THE FORM OF A SKIP BUTTON OR STH

Well we don't know if the skip button is a a skill check or just a complete 50/50 random roll. Need clarification on that ForkTong

I checked in code, and it's 50/50 random if you press SPACE so now it's on the list of things to fix. It should take charisma and situation bonus into account and emulate the actual minigame chance-wise.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron

Well we don't know if the skip button is a a skill check or just a complete 50/50 random roll. Need clarification on that ForkTong

I checked in code, and it's 50/50 random if you press SPACE so now it's on the list of things to fix. It should take charisma and situation bonus into account and emulate the actual minigame chance-wise.
Thank you!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom