Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Shit . Needing 14 is pretty crazy. Amazingly the game never even spell out how many you needed... I never really kept track. Guess we got lucky.
Oh well. Hope they don't do that anymore.

RK47

Patron
So I found the bitch blood and the only area left upto Lucella Fores/Hiberhiem are the mines. Is the spell for death knights inside the mines or did i miss it somewhere outside?

Didn't someone asked for you to retrieve it?
yeah the scroll is in the mine... at the very end of the level (after the temple door you have to go through a few teleporting mirrors)

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
lol I am taking things out of order it seems. Level 11-12 and I finished mines, spider queen and gob village. I am wandering all over the place and kicking ass with tactix. I do get some challenge by fighting mobs 3 levels above my party.

RK47

Patron
we encountered the spiders at lvl 19.
needless to say... the -4 AP didn't even matter shit in that zone.

Doctor Sbaitso

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
we encountered the spiders at lvl 19.
needless to say... the -4 AP didn't even matter shit in that zone.
level 19!? We are talking about the spiders and queen in the sand storm area? I think she was level 14 when I took her out and my party was level 11. Finished the caves at level 10/11. I assume they are done, I met L.

RK47

Patron
My co-op grp didn't really visit her for some reason. I don't know why. I'm just using teleport pyramid to catch up cause heavy armor wizard is so slow...
Not like we missed much - we only turned back when we realized the game cannot advance if we don't solve the terrible weather in the Homestead.

Doing things out of order can suck, I've played most of my game with no access to anything in the sanctuary(Or whatever the shit it's called.) Because I went to spiders > Goblins > troll > forest >etc, didn't find out until later how to use tenebrium/destroy the bloodstone/save the sanctuary. I also thought the death knights being invulnerable meant I couldn't go to this area yet, so I spent most of this game underleveled.. In retrospect it probably made the combat a lot more engaging then it was for other people, who breezed through everything. Lvl 16 crab spiders at lvl 11-12 was hard, but super satisfying when we won.

RK47

Patron
So is co-op worth replaying?

I finished the game first time cause someone in co-op is willing to slog past the writing and the puzzles that I don't really enjoy.
I doubt I'll show much initiative for a second run since I can't finish the game on my own.

Suicidal

Arcane
You don't have to, but it turns out it can be greatly beneficial for two reasons:

1. the totem yields a blood stone, and there are I think only 15 in the game, and you need 14 for endgame.
2. the ~5 goblins that all sell stuff - they drop a lot of merchandise when they die.

I didn't destroy the totem and at the end I had 2 spare blood stones so either there's more or you need less than 14.

Ziem

Arbiter
You don't have to, but it turns out it can be greatly beneficial for two reasons:

1. the totem yields a blood stone, and there are I think only 15 in the game, and you need 14 for endgame.
2. the ~5 goblins that all sell stuff - they drop a lot of merchandise when they die.

I didn't destroy the totem and at the end I had 2 spare blood stones so either there's more or you need less than 14.
you need 12 out of 15

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Also, did anyone else pull their hair when you have to get the bitch's blood for the Death Knight spell? I swear it took me forever to find the button placed on top of the stairs.
Me. I did it just yesterday night, and I actually had to read a walkthrough because I didn't find that last one. :)

Yeah, this is one of those times the Codex proves itself to be the very same as every other gaming forum. Just fanboys who overrate things.

DOS: most overrated game in 2014. Maybe ever. nah. That's Alpha Shitocol.
Sigh, and here I thought that you became a normal person, you wrote some cool post in the last few days. But nope, you are your usual retarded self again.

Doctor Sbaitso

Patron
Doing things out of order can suck, I've played most of my game with no access to anything in the sanctuary(Or whatever the shit it's called.) Because I went to spiders > Goblins > troll > forest >etc, didn't find out until later how to use tenebrium/destroy the bloodstone/save the sanctuary. I also thought the death knights being invulnerable meant I couldn't go to this area yet, so I spent most of this game underleveled.. In retrospect it probably made the combat a lot more engaging then it was for other people, who breezed through everything. Lvl 16 crab spiders at lvl 11-12 was hard, but super satisfying when we won.

I think I have had some of the same. The spiders at level 11 were a real bitch. It did make for some very satisfying victories.

Doctor Sbaitso

Patron
So I found the bitch blood and the only area left upto Lucella Fores/Hiberhiem are the mines. Is the spell for death knights inside the mines or did i miss it somewhere outside?

Yes. You need to sneak past the death knights to get it. It's in her "personal quarters"

Aw shit, I have the spell and missed the blood. I guess I'll have to go back for it.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well, if people are calling it some sort of grand magnum opus that ranks near the top of the best RPGS, then they are indeed overrating it. The story is threadbare at best, cringeworthy at worst, the balance and difficulty curve completely falls apart towards the end, the itemization is terrible, the GUI leaves a lot of be desired, and the RPS thing is a crime against humanity. Still, it has a lot of positive things going for it as well -- the combat system allows for a tremendous amount of creativity (even though it's not strictly necessary due to the somewhat lacklustre encounter design) and is generally a lot of fun, the non-serious bits of writing aren't bad, the co-op works extremely well, and the crafting system is surprisingly deep (if frequently pointless). The world design is also rather good, and the exploration aspects are satisfying.

If you're just looking for a game with good turn-based combat and exploration elements, then it's fine. If you're looking for a deep story or difficult combat or well-balanced systems then it's probably best to look elsewhere. No individual element really blew me away, but it's the best RPG that's been released in a while and I always look forward to going back to the game (having a good co-op partner probably has to do with that).

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
", but it's the best RPG that's been released in a while and I always look forward to going back to the game (having a good co-op partner probably has to do with that)."

Nah. What's your time frame? 3 months? 6 months? 1 year? 2? 3? 4? 5? 10?

himmy

Arcane
If you didn't take the Pet Pal perk you're seriously missing the best parts of this game.

goWM2yB.jpg

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Nah. What's your time frame? 3 months? 6 months? 1 year? 2? 3? 4? 5? 10?
Since I started playing the game. i.e., I look forward to playing it, which is more than I can say about a lot of the recent RPG fare. I wasn't making on comment on its longevity or replayability.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Also, did anyone else pull their hair when you have to get the bitch's blood for the Death Knight spell? I swear it took me forever to find the button placed on top of the stairs.
Me. I did it just yesterday night, and I actually had to read a walkthrough because I didn't find that last one. :)

Sweet Jesus, puzzles like this are probably the reason I'm 70 hours in and only 70 percent through. I spent an hour looking for that little bastard. I even knew it had to be somewhere around the stairs (due to the limited camera movement the Eastern one had to be there) but I just didn't find it. Bad luck I suppose.

Had to crack open a walkthrough as well. That always pisses me off but I'm not gonna spend a few good years of my life to pixelhunt for a tiny button in a poorly lit room. My eyes are already way too strained from working with the tiny GUI and reading the tiny texts in books and shit.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Since I started playing the game. i.e., I look forward to playing it, which is more than I can say about a lot of the recent RPG fare. I wasn't making on comment on its longevity or replayability."

Are you stupid or just trolling?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom