Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
So I'm trying a 4-element Avatar :Mwith a high focus on Speed and Constitution to have a high AP pool. (According to the Wiki, Perception adds +0.5 Start Action Points per point while Speed adds the same +0.5 Start Action Points in addition to +0.5 Turn Action Points per point, so no point in Perception in terms of maximizing AP). Still trying to figure out Constitution/Speed balance along with how much Intelligence I need.

Also got a mod that makes Jahan into a Marksman for variety's sake. Madora is still Man-At-Arms, my other Hero is Scoundrel/Witchcraft, so I have all schools covered. :smug: Might switch Madora to my Witchcraft hybrid, just for fun, might not. We'll see.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Yeah I wish I can just forget the 130 hours i sunk into the game and replay it all over again.
But the static encounters bored me.
130 hours? Have you been doing anything for the last month apart from playing Original Sin and writing depressed trip reports about how you don't like playing it very much? No wonder you got burned out!

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Yeah I wish I can just forget the 130 hours i sunk into the game and replay it all over again.
130 hours? Have you been doing anything for the last month apart from playing Original Sin and writing depressed trip reports about how you don't like playing it very much? No wonder you got burned out!
It's too bad RK doesn't have "There's trying hard, and trying too hard" in his sig anymore, because it was the most ironic thing ever.

Duraframe300

Arcane

Depends entirly on how much he sleeps.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Waiting for an AI/hardcore mod to replay the game. Still, tempted to go with a 2 character, non-Lone Wolf party in the meantime just to see how far I can go with it. (Good thing I don't really have the time for that, I've already put too many hours into this game!)

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2

Depends entirly on how much he sleeps.
he sleepwalks through life, lah

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
"Fuck off, toolbag. They don't owe anyone a fukkin' "formal (or informal) announcement" of what their vacation time is. Fukkin' idiot."

They owe me a completed product or an explanation of why they can't deliver it.

:hmmm: You realize that time spent during beta counts towards that right? I have around 122 hours in myself. Not that I support this line of questioning on a video game forum, because who gives a shit.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
:hmmm: You realize that time spent during beta counts towards that right? I have around 122 hours in myself. Not that I support this line of questioning on a video game forum, because who gives a shit.
My apologies, I will strive to stick only to lines of questioning that have the approval of forums poster Onholyservicebound

(also he gives his first impressions of the game, in this thread, on the 8th of July)

Perkel

Arcane
I had 100 hours in less than 7 days after premiere and i played like 50 minutes of beta.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
The longer I play the more dull the game gets. The complete lack of challenge and sameyness of encounters doesn't lend to a very exciting romp. It's still decent enough to play through once, at least with a friend. I couldn't see myself trudging through the game alone, though. The glamor of "best game of 2014!!!" has certainly come off.

Perkel

Arcane
Then wait for re balance mod which will inevitable come.

I finished DOS for now clocking 130h and i put it off for now to wait for proper re-balance mod

My apologies, I will strive to stick only to lines of questioning that have the approval of forums poster Onholyservicebound
No, no, by all means, don't let my opinions repress you, I'm sure everyone's dying to know what else RK47 has been doing with his life.

I really hope he's been getting enough sleep. :negative:

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Waiting for an AI/hardcore mod to replay the game. Still, tempted to go with a 2 character, non-Lone Wolf party in the meantime just to see how far I can go with it. (Good thing I don't really have the time for that, I've already put too many hours into this game!)
There'll be a patch (hopefully big) coming sometime this month. I think Larian returns from holidays today. They promised that there will be 2 Companions definitely added in August (and suggested they will be more fleshed out than Madora and Jahan).

Doubt they'll do AI/hardcore balancing this patch, though. Probably would be more bug fixes, and ease of use fixes (like hard to attack enemies that are moving... by the way a current workaround is to CTRL+click). No idea how much they want to do actual balancing or AI work... They said that they would start thinking about their next RPG after this patch :\

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
There'll be a patch (hopefully big) coming sometime this month. I think Larian returns from holidays today. They promised that there will be 2 Companions definitely added in August (and suggested they will be more fleshed out than Madora and Jahan).

Doubt they'll do AI/hardcore balancing this patch, though. Probably would be more bug fixes, and ease of use fixes (like hard to attack enemies that are moving... by the way a current workaround is to CTRL+click). No idea how much they want to do actual balancing or AI work... They said that they would start thinking about their next RPG after this patch :\

I meant a fan patch, like Stratagems for BG or 1.3 for FFT. As these two examples show, devs rarely (never?) bother with this kind of mods themselves.

I know that's probably a long time coming, that's why I said I'd probably replay the game with 2 characters first.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron

I meant a fan patch, like Stratagems for BG or 1.3 for FFT. As these two examples show, devs rarely (never?) bother with this kind of mods themselves.

I know that's probably a long time coming, that's why I said I'd probably replay the game with 2 characters first.
Yeah, a long time coming. I haven't looked at modding myself yet, but from a glance at the forums it seems the tools aren't yet intuitive enough or allow the changes people want. But that's from a glance so don't take my word for it. Maybe I'll see what I can do with respect to balancing after I finish the game.

AI modding I have less hope for, because typically that stuff is more coded into the engine and not in content files.

Maybe I'm just jealous that I've been playing it since release day and only just finished it and having a balanced life and a job and a sleep schedule sucks and I want to be 15 again :(
Cut balanced life out of the equation and you'd have no issue, it'd only take about half your free time from the 8th til today to get rk's playtime.
Clearly you need to rethink your life.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom