Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin Beta Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Gog just announced in their conference stream with CD Projeckt Red that they are releasing a DRM free platform called GOG Galaxy that will improve their patching process
Yeah, they also claim it will allow cross platform multiplayer between GOG and Steam.

Of course we shall see if and how it works.

catfood

AGAIN
Aparently my question has been answered during GOGs super duper big reveal today. The game will be playable in multi with the help of the potato version of the steam client. Cross-client even.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I was in Kickstarter overload when the KS for this happened, so it kind of bounced off my retinas. Should I get hyped for this game? What is it? Give me the pitch in 100 words or less.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I was in Kickstarter overload when the KS for this happened, so it kind of bounced off my retinas. Should I get hyped for this game? What is it? Give me the pitch in 100 words or less.

It's a big budget (Kickstarter is only a fraction of its funding) turn-based RPG inspired by Ultima VII set in the Divinity world of Rivellon. Seamless world, complete environmental interactivity, simulationist game mechanics (freeze water with an ice spell to make enemies slip, etc), etc.

It also supports multiplayer co-op and has an advanced editor.

clemens

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

It's a big budget (Kickstarter is only a fraction of its funding) turn-based RPG inspired by Ultima VII set in the Divinity world of Rivellon. Seamless world, complete environmental interactivity, simulationist game mechanics (freeze water with an ice spell to make enemies slip, etc), etc.

It also supports multiplayer co-op and has an advanced editor.

And has well-designed quests with multiple approaches and reactivity, and provides freedom of choice in character advancement. (although systems are not entirely satisfying yet and glitches still happen with a lot of the interactions.)

In other words, yes, you should be fuckin hyped already.

Zeriel

Arcane
Status Effects: The Game, is a really fun mage simulator with great co-op.

That's the only thing about the game so far I legitimately dislike, the elemental interaction system is cool conceptually, but its way too powerful/dramatic in practice, makes every fight revolve around ground effects and overshadows other potentially interesting aspects of the character system.

clemens

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Status Effects: The Game, is a really fun mage simulator with great co-op.

That's the only thing about the game so far I legitimately dislike, the elemental interaction system is cool conceptually, but its way too powerful/dramatic in practice, makes every fight revolve around ground effects and overshadows other potentially interesting aspects of the character system.

You could try and play with pure fighters/rangers/rogues and cast few spells... that would make the various surfaces less ubiquitous, but some fights would become quite tough to beat, I guess.
Anyway, that's one of the thing that still needs some work, yes : never was there a game where you're as likely to die from your own fire... :)

Perkel

Arcane
So there are rumors about game being moved 10 days to 30th...

ughhh.. and it was sooo close..

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
So the voice recordings are going to have to be patched in? :hmmm:

Ship my copy on the 20th you jerks. I'm sure it'll be the 30th by the time it arrives.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Zombra and Infi forgot to mention this teeny-tiny fact: It has a really fun turn based combat system that's something like a combination of ToEE and Magicka.

Ages better than the realtime clusterfuck Ultima VII offered, that's for sure.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I need to be saved from the tedium of late-90s shooters I was right to have skipped, and I'm waiting for at least one more Dragonfall patch before I start that, so I don't have much choice in the matter. I'm sure OS will take me through Wasteland 2 which will take me through PoE which will take me through nothing else this year because that "three-five months" estimate from Dead State back in February is looking more like "13-15 minimum" and I'll probably end up shelving it after a couple of hours anyway.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I need to be saved from the tedium of late-90s shooters I was right to have skipped, and I'm waiting for at least one more Dragonfall patch before I start that, so I don't have much choice in the matter. I'm sure OS will take me through Wasteland 2 which will take me through PoE which will take me through nothing else this year because that "three-five months" estimate from Dead State back in February is looking more like "13-15 minimum" and I'll probably end up shelving it after a couple of hours anyway.

Why do you assume Dragonfall is going to get another patch

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wonder how much of the dialogue will be voiced, because surely not all of it? :hmmm:

Anyway, by recording the VOs, Larian ensures itself at least +10 metacritic score for D:OS.

Wait, 10 days? It will be kind of rushed, so probably +5 at most.

EDIT: never mind, watched the video.

Ship my copy on the 20th you jerks. I'm sure it'll be the 30th by the time it arrives.
Roguey confirmed to live on some kind of island, or maybe Antarctica.

Last edited:

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I wonder how much of the dialogue will be voiced, because surely not all of it? :hmmm:

Anyway, by recording the VOs, Larian ensures itself at least +10 metacritic score for D:OS.

Wait, 10 days? It will be kind of rushed, so probably +5 at most.

Roguey confirmed to live on some kind of island, or maybe Antarctica.

I live in the middle of nowhere and amazon ships my stuff here in 4 days, so my best estimate is that Roguey lives in Australia.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Roguey is an American.

In theory, it could take longer to ship things over there if Larian doesn't have a good shipping infrastructure in North America. I don't see why they wouldn't, though. I'm sure a large enough percentage of Kickstarter backers are from the US.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom