Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin Beta Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Perkel

Arcane
So far love music they added.

I wonder when they will add sounds to many spells, for example using mage staff speciall attack doesn't give you hit sound

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Am I a horrible person for still wanting npc schedules and day/night cycles?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
IIRC the OC will be open to mods, so someone can just take it, mod in schedules and then release it for download.

Will take like 3 years for it to happen, but it's possible.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It would be easier to do if Larian released their original design docs for the schedules. Otherwise most of the time will be spent with autistic arguments over who should do what, where, and when. :lol:

Delterius

Arcane
Maybe Drog could make his own patch for D:OC. After all implementing NPC schedules should be like restoring developer content. And this being Drog it would only take a few months.
It would be easier to do if Larian released their original design docs for the schedules. Otherwise most of the time will be spent with autistic arguments over who should do what, where, and when. :lol:

You're onto something here.

Larian should leave the schedules in the original campaign as developer notes. Unless they want to come off as obvious exploiters of modders.

Perkel

Arcane
Considering how much work it creates i doubt they will add it even in expansion pack. I mean main point of it for example is to use it with game systems.

Want to sneak somewhere steal key ? Go by night. Etc.

Arcanum did it right and you could even get into house by window...

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Considering how much work it creates i doubt they will add it even in expansion pack. I mean main point of it for example is to use it with game systems.
considering that they really really wanted it and at least some framework for schedules seems to be present in the game, judging by the npcs wandering semi randomly between several positions, i wouldn't rule it out entirely, especially if the game does sell as well as it deserves.

jdinatale

Cipher
If a studio full of professional developers couldn't get the Day/Night/Schedule working, then I doubt a few modders can do it in any reasonable time frame. What are the odds that Larian pulls a CD Projeckt and patches it into a free update?

Delterius

Arcane
The beauty about mods is that they aren't commercial products. If a day and night cycle leads to some minor issues, like enabling you to break very minor sidequests -- then Larian is beholden to fix that. But if a pc gamer must oh so terribly use a single line of console code to fix issues then he will. So only the bigger issues must be fixed/avoided as far as modding goes.

Unwanted

Contrite

Andhaira
Andhaira
So, any Codexers want to play with me for a bit? Just to try out the multiplayer? We can end it with a pvp battle...

pakoito

Arcane
Patron

kaizoku

Arcane
200rats in game have unique dialogues....

D:OS rats confirmed to have more dialogs than Skyrim npcs....

Edit: power of "not spending money on stupid shit like v actors"

Now lets see how much dialogs there will be in pillars of incline

Is there rat diplomacy?

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Is there rat diplomacy?
the rats just act as dos' version of the quest compass for chars with pet pal, which kinda sucks, really. they should have their own quests, possibly involving cats and food in some way.

anyhoo, finished everything there is in the current demo so far, at least what i could find
no way to get thelyron arrested after finding his lab or to talk to anybody about it. at least killing him early prevents him from appearing before rex.
the rat in rex' room is positioned so that it always dies when he summons his minions. not sure if intentional, though you can sneak to it.
phoenix diving into the cultists in the church before they initiate their dialogue triggers flight response from hooded weirdo who then returns and becomes invincible for some reason.
there should be some kind of "fuck you" option when talking to the church statues so you can initiate combat intentionally rather than through failing the minigame.
unlocking second elemental room gave me the option to tell imp i killed rex, even though i haven't yet.
snuck up to rex and cast death punch on him. should have made some real dmg, instead in did nothing, put the skill on cooldown and he initiated dialogue. meh.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I hope this game doesn't have ridiculous forced fights like divinity 2 gave me with the dragon slayers fight before that wizard tower. Any functional retard could have seen that coming from 1000 meters away (it was on a plain) and if you tried to avoid it, it teleported you back there, and if you tried to enter the tower after the fight started it didn't let you although you had the key.
Bad larian

I'm not asking for plot/text options for everything, but just avoiding and cutting out of the game without mention should be possible ala deus ex if you try to avoid pointless obvious traps/violence.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
I read that Larian did Dragon Commandoer and Original Sin so they could fund their next game, which would be their best game to date, and the RPG they have always wanted to make. Is that true, and we'll see Divinity 3?

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
i thought that was supposed to be dos.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom