Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I predict the undead origin will have something to do with the events from D:OS1.

Fry

Arcane
So many disagrees. :roll:

Guys, Mass Effect: Andromeda was Bioware's worst selling game in years and even that moved almost a million copies in the first week. A turn-based isometric game isn't going to beat Bioware sales. Stop being silly.

Wild Slop

Arcane
No. This is after Divine Divinity but before ?? uuh one of the ones I didnt play.

Here it is: http://divinity.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

Note- Divinity: Original Sin 2 will be taking place over 1200 years after Original Sin. It'll be set after Damian's banishment to Nemesis, but just before Beyond Divinity

*I finished a second play through of the EA, this time being after the update with Summoning and Polymorph were introduced. I tried to more/less make all the same decisions so as to not spoil any drama(tm). The added intro and ending parts were nice..

- Whoa! some of what happens during ending part is odd and ominous. I'm glad I don't know the events that take place in the games later in the timeline. (With that in mind I need to refrain from reading too much of that link)

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Like anyone played Beyond Divinity to care (but I must admit the way Damian escaped banishment was sorta clever?).
Hope it won't end like Legends of Grimrock 2 - improvements and lot of changes to made something fresh yet end with terrible sales. Larian survived BD and Divinity 2 ED problems but that were different times...

Lacrymas

Arcane
No. This is after Divine Divinity but before ?? uuh one of the ones I didnt play.

Note- Divinity: Original Sin 2 will be taking place over 1200 years after Original Sin. It'll be set after Damian's banishment to Nemesis, but just before Beyond Divinity

Interesting. Then, yeah, the undead origin could be linked to the events of DD. Maybe an awakened undead from the catacombs beneath Aleroth?

Carpalone

Novice

*I finished a second play through of the EA, this time being after the update with Summoning and Polymorph were introduced. I tried to more/less make all the same decisions so as to not spoil any drama(tm). The added intro and ending parts were nice..

- Whoa! some of what happens during ending part is odd and ominous. I'm glad I don't know the events that take place in the games later in the timeline. (With that in mind I need to refrain from reading too much of that link)

Original Sin 2 will be taking place 4 years after Beyond divinity according to recent PR materials.

http://i.imgur.com/MVzYgLU.jpg

Lacrymas

Arcane
Calling it now - the undead origin will have something to do with Damien, probably a lieutenant or confidante he betrayed or the effects he had on the world at large. Maybe the main plot is going to be something like that, otherwise there wouldn't be a need to change the original idea so specifically.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It begins: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/08/31/divinity-original-sin-2-undead-face-ripper/

Face-ripping & identity theft: Divinity Original Sin 2’s Undead

dundeadheader-620x319.jpg

“And now we just use the Face Ripper on this elven corpse so we can polymorph into an elven form and learn more about what happened by eating the limbs we found earlier.”

At Gamescom, Swen Vincke, CEO of Larian, was showing the playable undead race in Divinity: Original Sin 2 [official site] for the first time. Faces were ripped, children were startled, feasting on cadavers quickly became routine. I love Divinity but in among all the elves and dwarves, I sometimes forget just how weird it is. When you’re playing a skeleton, it’s going to be weirder than ever.

When you create an undead character, as with the other races in the game you can choose to play with a pre-built ‘Origin’ character or create a custom one of your own. The Origin characters have their own backstories that branch off into quests and stories as you play, and they all exist in the world as NPCs that can be recruited or killed. When you find the undead Origin character, he’s cutting the face off a dead person. Ask him why and he tells you that he needs it because people run away when they see his naked skull,

He hopes to address this by wearing somebody else’s face as a sort of moist balaclava.

dundead1-620x341.jpg

Undead characters, whether custom created or otherwise, will get hold of the Faceripper device early in the game. Sadly, for the purposes of gruesome comedy, you don’t get to hang the actual flesh of your victims from your hairpiece. Maybe that’s not actually a sad thing. Maybe it’s a very good thing.

Instead of wearing an actual face you use a magical mask that takes the detached face and allows you to transform into the person you stole it from. Divinity’s Undead have quite a lot in common with Hitman’s Agent 47, it turns out, from their love of disguises to their shiny domes. And behind all the bizarre brutality of the face-ripping, their inclusion in the game as player characters ties into what Original Sin does best: systemic storytelling.

As far as I’m aware, there’s nobody else in the world making RPGs quite like the Original Sin games. This is a large, story-driven game in which four people can play together, sometimes cooperating and sometimes working toward contradictory objectives. There’s a deep, turn-based combat system, with skill-crafting and elemental cocktails. But even the complexity of the (optional) multiplayer and combat are surface level; the actual machinery driving the game is even more intricate and influences everything from individual questlines to the entire structure of the world.

dundead2-620x339.jpg

Deep down, Original Sin 2 is all about choices and solutions. Branching stories and big decision points are a familiar part of games, from Telltale and Life is Strange to dialogue options that drive morality systems in big budget RPGs. Divinity doesn’t deal with decisions as things that happen in discrete moments though, instead it’s built on a set of rules and mechanics that assume players might do anything that the ruleset allows.

That means there are failsafe options allowing you to complete quests even if you massacre the quest-givers and other important NPCs. In some cases, an item might be hidden somewhere, providing you with the information a character might have told you if you hadn’t chopped them to bits, but you could also have a chat with the ghost of the dead character if all else fails. Every time exploitation or fair use of an in-game skill or ability could lead to new possibilities, rather than building an invisible wall to block off those possibilities, Larian figure out what the ripple effects would be if a player were to cause mischief and mayhem, then expand the framework of the game to deal with the after-effects.

That’s why you can talk to ghosts and retrieve memories by eating corpses (and sometimes by eating things that might contain traces of corpses). You can also do those things because they’re fun, but even the weirdest possibilities are driven by some rationale. There is method to this madness, and given how much madness is possible, a whole lot of method is needed to back it up.

dundead3-620x338.jpg

The Undead are the ultimate expression of this design philosophy. I could happily spend a few hours mucking around with the face-ripper and writing about the hilarious, macabre ways it allows me to play, but there’s as serious side to the silliness.

As an Undead, you’re governed by uncomfortable social rules, namely that people either flee when they see your skull or attack you on sight. You can wear a hood to hide your skull, but the magical masks and severed faces essentially make you a blank slate of a character. By taking faces and slipping into new forms, you can trick NPCs, and by extension the games’ systems, into thinking you’re just about anyone in the world. That means you can evade or engage with the racial profiling that plagues parts of the world, or become a wolf in sheep’s clothing, or vice versa.

In a world where elves are cannibals and dwarves are a social underclass, it’d be unusual if the Undead weren’t stranger than the norms of a D&D type fantasy world. In Divinity, they’re the ultimate polymorphs, spies and secret agents, and the most malleable of player characters.

dundead4-620x313.jpg

That’s not to say they’re not also grotesque, villainous, cadaverous delights – that’s all true as well, and the beauty of the game is that all of the rule-breaking and systemic trickery hides in the background. You just get to see the results rather than worrying about how it all fits together. Knowing that all of the complications of the design are in place is important though, because it encourages you to push the logic of the world to breaking point just to see how it holds together.

As our Undead character killed, cannibalised and face-swapped, I naturally started to think about where the possibilities ended. And then I saw it. Using the Pet Pal ability, which allows characters to talk to animals, Vincke had our hero (and I use the term very loosely) strike up conversation with an ox.

If he can talk to an ox and take on the form of an elf, who can read the memories of the dead by devouring their corpses, what happens when he goes to KFC? Every nugget a cacophony of clucking horror.

I might have to wait a while longer for Skeletal Pet Detective Adventures, but Original Sin 2 looks like it’ll have just about every other base covered. With the Undead, it now has a character type expressly designed to explore the detail of its design, and I can’t wait to pick through its bones when it comes out of Early Access in a couple of weeks. And, look, if you don’t care about all of that high concept design stuff, you can still rip off a few faces and pop ’em on your skull.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.pcgamesn.com/divinity-original-sin-2/divinity-original-sin-ii-undead-fane

Ripping off faces and chatting to dead cows as Divinity: Original Sin 2's new Undead race

Divinity%20Original%20Sin%202%20undead%20fane.jpg

There’s a moment in every great game where you totally fall for it. For Divinity: Original Sin II, that moment manifested itself in my introduction to the rather brilliantly named Face Rip-off ability, which lets you tear the face off any corpse and, after some basic crafting, wear it like a mask. Soon after that, I’m chatting to a dead bull who is doing a pretty subpar job of predicting my future. By this point I am utterly smitten with Larian Studios’ ludicrously ambitious sequel.

Context is important here. There are four races in Divinity: Original Sin II, but you can also play the game as an Undead variant of any of these races, like Fane, the new character in the demo I was shown at Gamescom 2017. Fane is a humanoid character from an ancient race called the Eternals. He’s spent the past few hundred years in a tomb, and after killing and eating his rescuer - a kindly dwarf who was mining in the area - Fane has emerged into a very different world from the one he left behind. After having spent so long underground his flesh has also totally rotted away. The lack of a face isn’t normally an issue in Divinity: Original Sin II, but as my parents told me during my teens, you can’t go through life with your hood up.

Divinity%20Original%20Sin%202%20face%20rip%20off.jpg

Which brings us back to Face Rip-off and why Fane is using it. We open the demo on a grizzly scene: a caravan on its side, traders left slaughtered by the roadside, not even the bull’s life spared. To find out what happened, we can ask around at a local town, but they won’t let a skeleton in. Solution: we pull the face off a deceased dwarf, which we can then combine with a Shapeshifter Mask to fully transform Fane’s appearance into that of the dwarf whose face we nicked. To do that, however, we’ll need some rare Source Points.

A new ability in Divinity: Original Sin II, called Spirit Vision, lets you see and chat to ghosts. When combined with the Pet Pal perk from the first game, Spirit Vision even lets you talk to ghost animals like the poor, spectral bull. Unsurprisingly, the bull doesn’t offer much help, but by using Purge on the bull we can gain a precious Source Point at the cost of doing something extremely evil: robbing the poor animal of its soul. Evil deed done, Fane can now cloak himself as a dwarf and enter the nearest township.

Larian Studios founder Swen Vincke points out that had we been playing as an elf then we’d already know what happened to the deceased traders. That’s due to their incredible ability to absorb memories by eating the dead. But we’re not an elf, we’re Undead, so we’ve got some extra hurdles to overcome before we can learn what happened to the fateful caravan. Spoiler alert: we get sidetracked too many times to ever find out.

Divinity%20Original%20Sin%202%20undead%20dwarf.jpg

Anyway, back to the nearby town where our party is immediately accosted by a magistrate and faces questions about a previous incident involving a drunken wolf summoner. Ifan, a human member in our party, is the guilty subject, and in an attempt to avoid capture, he unsuccessfully offers the guard a sizeable bribe. We select the highest value of four potential bribe amounts. This backfires spectacularly, causing the guard to become even more suspicious and decide that letting Ifan past isn’t worth getting strung up for.

Ifan is now in prison. You can probably see now why we never find out what happened to that caravan. In fact, forget about the caravan: turns out Ifan can summon a magical cat.

The handy feline - which Vincke assures me is an absolute pain to get hold of and keep alive until this point in the game - can slip by the prison guard unnoticed. As it is magical, we can possess the cat and slink away unharmed. Unless, that is, you get overconfident like Vincke did and leave your feline host prematurely, at which point you get to have another go at bribing your way out of trouble. Vincke goes for the Goldilocks pick of 50 gold and we’re good to go.

Divinity%20Original%20Sin%202%20summon%20cat.jpg

The next location on our whistle-stop tour of the township is a the chief magistrate, who Vincke tells me can help us figure out how the caravan massacre came about (forget it, we’re not reaching that conclusion). Immediately, we’re given a new quest (told you), which sees us attempting to figure out who keeps killing all the other magistrates.

Vincke knows who the killer is and so, in the interest of time, we head straight to the home of an elf cook, who has been killing all the magistrates who have wronged her. Again, had we been playing as an elf ourselves, we could have stumbled upon this secret by eating some stew in the town’s central hub - memories of the murdered magistrates would be revealed by the fact that their chopped up remains are in the stew. In this playthrough, however, we’re reliant on Vincke’s knowledge of the game to find the culprit. Proving it’s the elf cook so that we can get a reward from the chief magistrate is the next step, and it’s here where things get needlessly complicated in all the best ways.

We need to steal her hit list/recipe. To do that we need an adept thief, in this case, our dwarf (not Fane) will have to do. If we manage to get hold of the list, we don’t want her to realise it’s missing and then quiz whoever she can recall seeing recently. We need to trick her. Enter Fane, the second dwarf, with some neat timing. Vincke performs the notorious switcheroo: he steals the hit list with the thief and then moves Fane into the room while bringing the thief out. The elf cook notices the hit list is missing and so, naturally, accuses Fane, as she can recall seeing a dwarf nearby. Fane submits to a full body search and the elf cook finds nothing, easing her suspicion and letting the whole party escape scot-free with the all-important evidence.

Divinity%20%20Original%20Sin%202%20magistrates%20book.jpg

Vincke lets me in on a much simpler method: you can just kill her the second you get the hit list - leaving her alive really doesn’t add much to the equation. But it’s the fact that you can go to such extreme lengths in Divinity: Original Sin II that makes it so exciting. Doubtless, the next step would be to use Face Rip-off on the elf cook, setting off an even more complex chain of events based on this new identity - that’s the RPG dream - although exactly how deep this mechanic goes remains to be seen.

Mechanics and abilities like this don’t fundamentally alter what Divinity: Original Sin II is, but they do add to the already expansive set of options, playstyles, and roles that you can assume over the course of your playthrough. The sheer breadth and depth of solutions is mind-boggling. Undead races and characters like Fane only add to this, fleshing out an already comprehensive questing simulator and helping to cultivate the same sense of freedom you would expect from a pen-and-paper RPG. Oh, and about that caravan … damn, we’ve hit our word count limit. Sorry.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

https://www.rpgwatch.com/show/article?articleid=418

Divinity: Original Sin II Preview

banner-931.jpg

As Swen would be presenting at Twitch during the session we had with Larian Studios, the demo was presented by Michael Wetzel who is handling the PR for Larian Studios. As we have had quite a lot of information on Original Sin 2 at RPGWatch already, I'll try to focus on what is new, which basically means: The Undead.

During character creation you can, next to the already known characters, also select an undead named Fane. Like the other characters, Fane also has its own origin story. Fane is an eternal being and has slumbered in a tomb for a very long time, in which he was thrown by his own fault as he didn't get along with the undead king. Recently an expedition located his tomb and freed Fane and to thank them, Fane killed them all, in order to regain some of his powers. Given the time he has been away from the world he doesn't really connect to it anymore and sees strange creatures walking around, some of them he shares some similarities with (skeletons), but they are much weaker than he is. Fane is a scholar and his mission is to find out what is going on in the world and find his own people again.

Fane is like any of the other characters who have their own origin story and their own goals to achieve. If you prevent them from reaching their goals, they eventually will leave you and you cannot recruit them anymore. People don't generally like undead very much, so if you take Fane into a city and he hasn't hidden the fact that he is an undead, you will be attacked or people start running away. However Fane can wear masks that will make him look like someone from another race. It appears though that people do not have a memory for events like this. If Fane shows himself as an undead, people will run away and if Fane wears his mask again, the people will not remember that he was an undead before, but see him as they see someone from the race to which the mask belongs.

To get these masks, Fane has a special ability, which allows him to rip off the face from dead people. When this ripped off face is combined with a source orb during crafting, a shapeshifter mask is created. Note however that source orbs are a bit scarce in the game and you might want to consider where you spent your orbs on as they are used for creating powerful runes for your weapons as well.
Anyway, when wearing a mask of a specific race, Fane will actually look to everybody else as someone from that race, so he will look like a Dwarf when he uses a dwarven mask and everyone will see him as a dwarf. This can be done with every race. Fane also gets the abilities of that race. So if Fane would wear the mask of an Elf, he gets the ability that when eating the limbs of a dead person the memories memories of that dead person are gained.

Another new feature in Original Sin 2 is that you can summon the spirits of the dead, from both people and animals. You can then talk to these people to ask them what happened. It was also shown to us that you can also talk to the spirit of a dead bull. As we know from Original Sin 1, a bull can predict the future. This ability requires a skill, but you will get it after finishing act 1. You can also kill people who were not willing to talk to you and then raise their spirits to find they now do tell you what you want to know. Note that even for dead bulls you need Pet Pall in order to be able to talk to it.

In the demo Ifan ended up in prison and there are different ways to get out of there. One of them is that Ifan has a companion black cat he took along from Fort Joy. Those who've played it, know what cat this is. All it takes to have the cat as your companion is to keep it alive, which isn't easy. As it is a companion, it is possible to play as this cat. The cat is outside of the cell and everybody will just see it as a cat. By placing the cat in line-of-sight with Ifan, but out of sight of everybody else, you can swap places with the cat, which is one way to escape the prison. If you however want to keep the cat you have to free it later on.

There are now a total of 6 selectable characters, each with their own origin story. There is the human Lohse with the voices in her head, The human Ifan who has a contract to complete, the lizard Red Prince who wants his kingdom back, Sebille the Elf who wants to kill her former master, Beast the Dwarf who wants to overthrow the queen, and now there is also the undead Fane who is searching for his own people. In Act 1 you can choose any of the available characters to join your party. You can change your party configuration as often as you like until you have a combination that suits you best. At the end of Act 1 you have to make a final decision of what your party will look like and you will continue the game with those 3 party members.

If your party members don't leave you because they can't achieve their own goals or because they very much disapprove of your decision, you can even decide to get rid of all party members and venture on alone. For that you should pick up the one-army talent, which makes you stronger and hire henchmen for the fights that you cannot complete on your own.

The Collectors Edition content

As mentioned we have been covering the development of Original Sin 2 for some time already, so there is quite some information available already. If you haven't seen the latest video, be sure to check out the one below. With respect to Original Sin, Original Sin 2 looks a lot better, adds more tactical combat with more elemental combinations, a party of four, with unique characters and adds a much deeper experience (from what we know up to now). It also allows for a 4 person co-op and if you don't like that, you should not worry about it. Divinity: Original Sin 2 is a solid single player RPG that doesn't need any co-op to enjoy it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin-2/posts/1976632

Kickstarter Update #43 - Spooky, Scary Skeletons!

You wander the countryside, feeling the warm sunlight, splashing through cool streams. You hear small animals scurrying away as you approach, breaking the calm silence of the forest. It is incredibly peaceful. But you didn’t come for peace. You came here to feel alive! With a nod of your head you decide to find the nearest town for some fun. Nothing like a tavern full of strangers to liven up your day!

However, as you approach the town, it is clear that not all is well. The poor people are terrified, diving behind barrels and back into their houses, slamming doors shut everywhere you go. There must be some terrible bandits around for the townsfolk to react so strongly to a stranger, you think to yourself. It appears you have found the excitement you were looking for! Now, instead of searching for amusement, you head to the tavern for information. You will solve these people’s troubles and be hailed a hero!

As you step into the tavern, however, a trio of guards are having a drink. They scream at the sight of you and raise their swords.

“MONSTER! MONSTER!” they scream as they rush at you. You try to explain, but they won’t listen. Unfortunately, you are forced to slay them. Everyone else has fled the tavern. It is just you and the corpses. You sigh as their spirits rise.

“Why did you attack me?” You ask the spirits. One of them raises an eyebrow at you quizzically.

“You’re a walking skeleton. What the heck were we supposed to do, offer you a drink?”

With a slap of dry bone your wrist hits the bony plate of your skull. That’s right. You knew there was something you were forgetting. With a ghastly smile you reach for the nearest corpse.

“I’m going to need to borrow your face.”

The spirit tries to strike at you, screaming --

Welcome to Kickstarter Update #43!

The wait is finally over! We're very excited to show you the Undead race, origin story and a few of their skills. We also have an unboxing of our Collector’s Edition at the end so stick around!

Missed your chance to back our Kickstarter but still want the CE? Now’s your chance! We have a few left so hurry and get yours right now.

Watch the video below to learn all about the spooky, scary Undead Origin character: Fane!

The Undead Will Rise!
f5ba64ecad2959843051b3d43e116872_original.png

The dead are finally here! You can customize your Undead in the character selection screen. You can give yours a beard, some cool jewels or even change the color of their bones. Which is cool, but also kind of weird. Just the way we like things! You can play an Undead of any race or gender your heart desires. Will you be an Undead Lizard? Undead Dwarf? Dare we say, an Undead Elf? It’s all up to you!

In addition to their good looks, the Undead have some very unique game mechanics in the world of DOS2. For example, they have the skill “Play Dead” in which they can pretend to be a corpse - a great way to get out of combat or avoid attention from patrolling guards. We can’t take all the credit for that one: the skill was inspired by community suggestions! Another racial ability they have is that they don’t need lockpicks to pick locks. They just use ye olde bones!

The Undead also heal via poison and are poisoned by healing potions. So, while your Undead can stroll through poison fog, they’re going to have a devil of a time fighting an AI smart enough to throw healing at it. (Sorry again about unleashing AI 2.0 on you guys because it is TOTALLY smart enough to do this.) You can also use the Zaikk’s Talon, a unique item found in the Hollow Marshes, to turn health potions into poison. Which is rude but hey, do what you like!

A very important thing to remember while playing an Undead is that you cannot just traipse about with your bony face free to the world. You’re a monster. A hideous, frightening monster! So cover your face. Or, consider ripping the face off of a nearby corpse to disguise yourself as someone of that race! The Mask of the Shapeshifter will allow you to take on the appearance of any mortal race you would like.

For example, you can shift to a Dwarf for better prices from a Dwarven merchant, or shift to an Elf to dine on a corpse and learn their memories with the Elven racial ability Corpse Eater. Multiple masks can be made, and they can even be used by other living characters to disguise themselves as other races, allowing them to approach situations in new ways.

Fane! I’m Gonna Live Forever!
32504ac72fa4a54b6425c02f511c34fd_original.jpg

But just who is Fane, the sixth and final Divinity: Original Sin 2 Origin character? We’ll tell you! But skip this section and scroll down to the Collector’s Edition header if you don’t want any spoilers!

As some of you may remember, famed RPG dev Chris Avellone worked with us to create this origin story as part of our Kickstarter stretch goals. Fane is a part of an ancient race that predates all of the currently living race: The Eternals. He was an eager and ambitious scholar, entombed by his elders for pursuing forbidden knowledge. Centuries passed, until one day an explorer opened Fane’s tomb… and, for his troubles, had his Source promptly devoured. Much less hungry and free to roam the land of Rivellon again, Fane has a lot to adjust to, as nothing is the way it was during his time.

Unboxing the Collector’s Edition

Presenting the Divinity: Original Sin 2 Collector’s Edition!

As you can see, the box features the four living, playable races of DOS2, with their Mask of the Shapeshifter counterparts making up the inner box. The entire box opens up to form either a stand for the Fane figurine or as a dice tray and Game Master’s screen. It also holds the two included books: Chronicles of Reaper’s Coast and A Compendium of Riveollonian Artwork. Finally, there is a color printed map, a Steam key for DOS2 and a full instruction manual.

One thousand units of the Collector’s Edition are now available for $169 on a completely new and revamped Divinity: Original Sin 2 website, including an all new online shop, at shop.larian.game.

• A Steam key for Divinity: Original Sin 2
  • Box featuring art of each of the four major races of Rivellon
  • A combination velvet-lined dice tray and Dungeon Master’s Screen, featuring art of the Mask of the Shapeshifter on the outside, and the Hall of Echoes on the interior
  • A 10.2-inch figurine of Fane, featuring interchangeable skull head and rotating Mask of the Shapeshifter
  • A Chronicles of Reaper’s Coast lorebook
  • A Compendium of Riveollonian Artwork art book
  • Color printed map of Reaper’s Coast
  • Full Divinity: Original Sin 2 instruction manual
But wait, there's more!

Those of you that ordered Kickstarter Hoodies or T-shirts will be pleased to know they'll be shipping out along with the CE, and should be in/on your arms by September 14th!

Stream Team!

We know you have lots of questions! Tune in to our Twitch stream today at 1pm PT/21pm CET to watch us play and to chat with us about all of your burning questions!

And in case you missed it…
We have a brand new trailer and it would mean the world to us if you could share it with friends, family, and strangers you meet on the street!

Only 14 more days!

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Gosh, the hype. Never get hyped for a videogame they said. You will get burned they said.

I cant help it anymore.

:hype:

Anyway the new main music sounds awesome. Reminds me of eco draconis song. Better than the early access song i think. I hooe they use it instead of the old one

Lacrymas

Arcane
Hype leads to despair. Hype is the mind killer.

Seriously, though, I know what to expect from the combat, the writing and the music (the art direction might be good), so I'm not hyped up, the most it can surprise me with is if the undead origin is very good.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I kinda don't like the Mask of the Shapeshifter since it gives you access to the abilities and appearance of the other races, even race-specific story perks (like the dwarf merchant giving you better prices). Why be something other than undead in that case? It could've been a Nosferatu kind of run, where you have to use different routes or make yourself invisible while in cities.

Fry

Arcane

Seethe

Arbiter
I kinda don't like the Mask of the Shapeshifter since it gives you access to the abilities and appearance of the other races, even race-specific story perks (like the dwarf merchant giving you better prices). Why be something other than undead in that case? It could've been a Nosferatu kind of run, where you have to use different routes or make yourself invisible while in cities.

Different mechanics + all Origin characters have special interactions just for them, so that's a reason to play all of the Origin characters. It's also good for RP purposes.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Different mechanics + all Origin characters have special interactions just for them, so that's a reason to play all of the Origin characters. It's also good for RP purposes.

I don't plan on playing any other origin apart from the undead one, if I'm to replay it I'm going to make a custom char, if not begin with a custom char. What different mechanics? It says that you get the abilities of the thing you shapeshift into.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom