Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
And Bart Simpson's voice actor is a woman. He can use a falsetto voice to make the character sound more uncanny and otherwordly, something a woman wouldn't be able to do. If I were them that's exactly what I would do.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Oh shit. I only now realized that the undead thingy is more than likely (confirmed in the new trailer) going to be an origin character like the Red Prince and others. In other words, I'm never fucking touching them as the 'main' character. FUUUU-

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Got around to watching the trailer, Larian certainly did a good job of making this pseudo-iso turn-based game look cinematic and awesome. Bioware's already behind Bethesda and CD Projekt, could a a third studio put them in fourth place????

Lacrymas

Arcane
Here's another thing I noticed - isn't the female elf origin's name Sabille? She's called Nicole in the trailer, which means the undead might be called something completely different.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Bethesda is above Bioware?

That's quite a statement.

Where have you been? Skyrim sold over 30 million copies. Witcher 3 has sold over 10-15 million. Bioware's never broken 10 million.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I thought you were talking quality, not sales numbers. In that case, no. Larian has no chance of surpassing Bioware anytime soon.

With the size of the team they have on this, they need Bioware numbers at the least. 2 million or bust.

imweasel

With the size of the team they have on this, they need Bioware numbers at the least. 2 million or bust.
D:OS sold something like 2 million copies, which is a lot for a game with a 6 million dollar budget. That is lower AAA terrain, as you point out yourself.

That said, please point out why you think D:OS 2 had a 25+ million dollar budget.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
D:OS sold something like 2 million copies, which is a lot for a game with a 6 million dollar budget. That is lower AAA terrain, as you point out yourself.

That said, please point out why you think D:OS 2 had a 25+ million dollar budget.

The team is well over 100 people, which is a Bioware circa late 00s/Witcher 2 sized team, and more than Skyrim or Fallout 4.

Salvo

Arcane
Here's another thing I noticed - isn't the female elf origin's name Sabille? She's called Nicole in the trailer, which means the undead might be called something completely different.

That elf is a Custom character and not an Origin one. (no "listen to Origin" button)

Lacrymas

Arcane
I'm interested how the origin stories are going to work with the main plot or if they are simple diversions that don't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Mojobeard

Augur
There's still three major things I'm hoping they'll fix. Won't be on the release version yet, I'm sure.

1. Enemies pretty much always having turns first (you might have one human that goes before the last enemy). This is because of the useless Wits stat giving you initiative, but in which you really can't ever invest in without killing your build.

2. INT fighter really needs a downside. Or even better, STR needs a buff. Anyone who doesn't know, Warfare is not tied to a stat, which means that STR is only tied to Polymorph. Which means that you could make a DEX fighter for Scoundrel skills. Or even better, an INT fighter, who can use any of the four spell schools. He doesn't lose damage, he doesn't lose tankiness. Instead, he gains ranged and elemental attacks, and starts doing damage against magic armor like the casters.

3. Source point system for skills is awful and in need of heavy tweaking.

Lacrymas

Arcane
There is no such thing as a "fighter", unless you mean melee skills. I'm debating with myself whether to play it on release or play the other games I've planned to and wait for the inevitable avalanche of patches to fix everything.

Mojobeard

Augur
Tanks for the team, is in enemies grill, uses mostly Warfare skills. Usually called a "fighter".

Saying melee staffman versus melee swordsman would have sounded strange.

Wild Slop

Arcane
I find Wits great for my Bow/Crossbow guy and Rogue. The Source system as seen in the EA is very limited but I am willing overlook that... if it ends up sucky once released I will post my nerd rage here.

Salvo

Arcane
There's still three major things I'm hoping they'll fix. Won't be on the release version yet, I'm sure.

1. Enemies pretty much always having turns first (you might have one human that goes before the last enemy). This is because of the useless Wits stat giving you initiative, but in which you really can't ever invest in without killing your build.

Use Peace of Mind/Burn my Eyes. The Wits bonus is usually just enough to go first in almost every Act 1 fight unless you have really low base Wits.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Anyone who doesn't know, Warfare is not tied to a stat, which means that STR is only tied to Polymorph.

This seems like an oversight tbh, if it isn't then there is no downside to picking Warfare skills with every character.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
DIfl6fDWsAIO_sr.png

At the edges of your vision, the corners of darkness: something eld has made its return. Watch tomorrow's dev stream to discover its origin. The stream starts at 1pm PT/21pm CET

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom