Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

GrainWetski

Arcane
Polymorph is amazing. The fight against voidwoken in a certain basement was pretty silly. I petrified like 12 of them.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The narrator as well as all the voice overs are configurable through the options. Just a reminder. If your argument is that they suck, not that they are not needed, this doesn't help of course.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I find the voice acting to be really good for the most part actually.
The narrating is a bit too much, that's true, and could have used a "deeper" voice. But other than that I find it good.

Also the UI is excellent, it baffles me how someone can complain about that.
Same goes for the combat.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I am used to the IE games' UI and D:OS' UI was a total mindfuck. I dropped D:OS the first time because of the UI.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
I am used to the IE games' UI and D:OS' UI was a total mindfuck. I dropped D:OS the first time because of the UI.
The EE improved it a lot. And D:OS 2 even more.
I'm wondering what is it that people can't do easily at the moment. Everything is pretty clear, to me at least

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
So what's with the pick pocketing crap,I steal something from a guard and put it in a storage for ''safety'',he's frisking me and he tells me that I may be innocent but he still needs to learn me a lesson and starts attacking me

What the fuck is wrong with this game:retarded:

AwesomeButton

Patron
If I have to bring up something that annoyed me in D:OS and is still present, if not even more emphasized in D:OS2, that's the over the top effects of casting and spells firing. When they start overlaying on top of one another it's a visual mess. That's a matter of personal taste I guess. At least characters don't look as Warcraft 3 as they used to.
So what's with the pick pocketing crap,I steal something from a guard and put it in a storage for ''safety'',he's frisking me and he tells me that I may be innocent but he still needs to learn me a lesson and starts attacking me

What the fuck is wrong with this game:retarded:
Interesting. I have not pickpocketed anyone yet. I'll have to put more into Thievery for Ifan

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
The EE improved it a lot. And D:OS 2 even more.
I'm wondering what is it that people can't do easily at the moment. Everything is pretty clear, to me at least

Micromanagement of 910490+4923452 items feels shitty, and there's just as many if not more useless shit items u can pick up and never use for anything. Truly OCD behaviour.
Crafting sucks ass, itemization is still random as fuck, and it gets tedious to rearrange all the time.

Hitboxes are still iffy in combat. Random loot automatically get put on your quickbar. There's no highlight buttons for interactables. Clicking on things feels clunky and slow. Picking up things and throwing them on the ground is iffy.

The bartering screen is shit, and doesnt have proper categories and crossovers.

Vibalist

Arcane
Interesting. I have not pickpocketed anyone yet. I'll have to put more into Thievery for Ifan

I pickpocketed Kniles the Flenser in Fort Joy before the fight and stole his key, meaning his flesh golems couldn't get out of their cage. Pretty nifty, if I do say so myself.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Micromanagement of 910490+4923452 items feels shitty, and there's just as many if not more useless shit items u can pick up and never use for anything. Truly OCD behaviour.
Crafting sucks ass, itemization is still random as fuck, and it gets tedious to rearrange all the time.

Hitboxes are still iffy in combat. Random loot automatically get put on your quickbar.

What are you talking about?
Why do you need to micromanage all items?
Crafting is easy and straight forward, learn recipes, craft items from a handy list. If you want try your own combos and find out recipes.
Itemization is random partially but there is really good loot to be found. But that has nothing to do with the UI.
Rearranging takes 2 clicks. You can cycle through enemies with a button and if necessary move the cursor a couple of pixels.
Loot going in quickbar can get annoying but its there to help. Not so dramatic of a problem though.

There's no highlight buttons for interactables. Clicking on things feels clunky and slow. Picking up things and throwing them on the ground is iffy.

The bartering screen is shit, and doesnt have proper categories and crossovers.

No button for interactables is a choice of the game and a good one. You need to find some stuff they wont magically glow for you.
The two next issues I have not with the game.

The bartering screen is shit indeed. But there is a bartering screen along with buying and selling so kudos to them. They should fix it a bit though.

AwesomeButton

Patron

I pickpocketed Kniles the Flenser in Fort Joy before the fight and stole his key, meaning his flesh golems couldn't get out of their cage. Pretty nifty, if I do say so myself.
You mean the golems didn't just teleport from their cages to in front of your party after a cutscene? What kind of an RPG is this?! :lol:

Seriously though, I tried to attack him once after I resolved the conversation peacefully, but the golems just gnawed at the cages, couldn't get out and he didn't try to unlock them, because I started the combat by sucker punching him. The silent monks joined in though and still kicked my ass.

No highlighting of containers is intentional and a good idea IMO, but I guess under pressure from popamole players, they'll add it in some patch.

I don't think highlighting of containers even existed before the BGII patch that came out with ToB. I felt it was a good thing back then, but at this point I had been playing BGII for a few hundred hours already.

Items in containers are not all random. A good amount of items are hand-placed and will always appear. Important and powerful gear/weapons are usually hand-placed. Again, people are whining without enough experience with the game, or knowledge of information that was released during its development.

Last edited:

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Interesting,I found a way to ''cheat'' the system when it comes to NPC's asking to search if you stole something.

So you pick pick pocket someone,after that you go at the maximum distance where they could see you and wait for them to realize that they have been robbed,after that they are going to chase you,so you start running immediatly and after a few seconds they will stop chasing you and will restart to their normal behaviour.

Fuck you Larian and your shitty game,I'll do it my own way.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I wonder if what victims say can be based on something else but Thievery. For example, I got one guy say after search that "I look guilty". I didn't get that line before I had Hero tag. Or maybe not. I wanna know.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron

You mean the golems didn't just teleport from their cages to in front of your party after a cutscene? What kind of an RPG is this?! :lol:

Seriously though, I tried to attack him once after I resolved the conversation peacefully, but the golems just gnawed at the cages, couldn't get out and he didn't try to unlock them, because I started the combat by sucker punching him. The silent monks joined in though and still kicked my ass.
Yeah this fight is pretty hard. I'm thinking to go back and try it again before leaving the island, just for the exp and loot... Doesn't really fit role-playing wise but... the combat is the whole points of D:OS games :p

Beggar

Cipher

And I was collecting all the dissmembered parts of the bodies in the Fort. So when I aproached, he told me that he recognises that scent and asked if I can give it to him. Bam. Fight skipped. Killed them anyway

Reapa

Doom Preacher
So, we're all amazed by D:OS 2's player count, but how many Codexers own it?

Right now, of my 415 Steam friends, almost all of whom are Codexers, 118 own D:OS 2. A decently high number for a new game.

For comparison, 241 own the first game.
there's a gog version.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron

And I was collecting all the dissmembered parts of the bodies in the Fort. So when I aproached, he told me that he recognises that scent and asked if I can give it to him. Bam. Fight skipped. Killed them anyway
Hm sucks, I had Sebille eat them all and find out snippets of history :P

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
I'm totally not doing anything fishy here
3pqQCec.jpg

Last edited:

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Kniles the Flenser
only wants part of the lizard they executed infront you, dunno if he ask for another one.
Which lizard? Who executed that lizard? I think we missed something or we bypassed some area

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom