Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Kirkpatrick

Cipher
For tech savy people. Familiar with Radeon R9 270X card, will this game be pleasant with it? After the ship, I can't play it anymore with my terrible, old, garbage, crap HD 6450.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
ALSO, the vendors are usually people with tons of dialogue, so whenever you address them with a new character, their whole introduction speech starts over and sometimes there's no way to just say 'goodbye' to them, you have to suffer through it again.
There's this direct "Trade" button that you can access right away, unless I'm reading your comment wrongly. Of course still need to complete introduction speech to go away tho.
p8JJkGf.png

The "ware" section in inventory should be universal for all characters IMO, I bet most people use it to store items that will be sold at once anyway, why split that inventory for each character? :rpgcodex:
For tech savy people. Familiar with Radeon R9 270X card, will this game be pleasant with it? After the ship, I can't play it anymore with my terrible, old, garbage, crap HD 6450.
I have a R7 260X and framerate never dips below 40 :D

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Eurogamer: Original Sin 2 roars out of the gates to nearly 500K sold

It's been a bombastic start for independent computer role-playing game Divinity: Original Sin 2, which has raced to nearly 500,000 sales on PC in only four days.

"It is fantastic," Swen Vincke, owner of developer and publisher Larian Studios, told me this morning, "but it is also way beyond what we expected. We're close to hitting 500K units sold which is a number I believe took us two or three months with Divinity: Original Sin 1."

:incline:

There was some 70,000 number being thrown out previously in thread, for sales in two days, and it seemed great.
Yeah, the response to this is actually a lot bigger than I expected. I had also expected Early Access to be a source of fatigue, with interest petering out partially due to it, but it seems the response to the game while it was in early access seems to have massively fueled the sales instead. D:OS2 might not be unmitigated incline, but it's awesome that it's doing so good.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I'm not sure how the cards compare, but I'm sitting on one Radeon R9 390 and one Radeon R9 290, on otherwise identical machines, and on both machines, it immediately auto-defaulted to "Ultra" settings, and everything runs peachy. Based on how the game looked on previews and such, I was really worried it would shit on our machines, but it actually seems to be running slightly better than even D:OS1 did.

There's some graphics issues with strange flickering in some areas (notably, the first area when first starting up the game after character creation), but it can be solved by turning Shader Cache off in the Radeon Settings (usually defaults to "AMD Optimized") and then loading the game. It reappears for every new game, but just saving/loading removes it. Probably something that'll be fixed in the next driver update or something, I dunno.

Not sure what everyone elses experiences are, but as far as I can determine, the game is actually really well optimized. It almost feels a bit absurd, truth be told, when looking at other games that look like shit but still takes a steamy dump on my rig.

Shadenuat

Arcane
What's the point of the Two-Handed/One-Handed/Dual-Wield skills? Isn't it better to invest in warfare instead, since it also amps your physical damage anyway + gives you access to new skills?
It's where you put points into once Warfare is 10. Although you can choose weapon skill instead if you have really good plan (like slap all Dodge on one character and pump dual wielding, pump crit multipier and use Rage with 2-handed etc.). Really, you only need 3 points or so to use all skills.

Doens't apply to one-handed tho since it's a pretty bad skill imo, as why use 1 weapon when you can use 2 weapons for maximum carnage and buffs, or 1 two-handed to easy get best weapon every level without spending too much jewgold.

I'm not sure how the cards compare, but I'm sitting on one Radeon R9 390 and one Radeon R9 290, on otherwise identical machines, and on both machines, it immediately auto-defaulted to "Ultra" settings, and everything runs peachy.
I get strange stuttering sometimes with RX480. I don't think all areas, especially in Act 2, are well optimised. It takes looong to load save game in act 2 too.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Grunker, if you like Magic the Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers you might like Etherlords 2, 1 is a bit annoying. I have some issues with the variety of the decks, but it's fun.

AwesomeButton, I have never said Bobby isn't a "real" composer, I said he isn't a composer in the same way Kirill was. If you stopped and listened to the examples I gave, instead of misguidedly white-knighting, you'd notice the difference between academically educated composers and Bobby immediately, whatever your feelings on the matter is they aren't the same. That isn't to say he isn't a "real" composer, what does that even mean?

Re: 500k copies - that's great, it means the first wave of Kickstarter RPGs weren't just a nostalgia trip everyone is already sick of, but a viable commercial path.
I don't care how you've chosen to phrase it. Obviously no one is a composer in the same way that one particular composer is, regardless of who is this one particular composer. Therefore, your implication was that his skills are inferior, correct, or are we weaseling out of that? Well, I don't care about how Bobby measures to your academic standards either. And no one really does.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't care how you've chosen to phrase it. Obviously no one is a composer in the same way that one particular composer is, regardless of who is this one particular composer. Therefore, your implication was that his skills are inferior, correct, or are we weaseling out of that? Well, I don't care about how Bobby measures to your academic standards either. And no one really does.

Well, yes, technically his skills are inferior, I'm sorry that there are standards outside of knee-jerk reactions of liking and disliking. And I already said nobody cares.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I absolutely despise how you can't send items from one character to another when you're shopping. If you're trying to buy some items but you're a few gold pieces short, you need to exit the fucking buy screen, transfer the cash from character A to character B, then open it up again

Regarding shop interfaces and sending items to other party members, isn't it possible to right click on an item you just bought and choose "Send to" some party member name? I can't test it for myself right now but I think it is possible.

AwesomeButton

Patron

Well, yes, technically his skills are inferior, I'm sorry that there are standards outside of knee-jerk reactions of liking and disliking. And I already said nobody cares.
Yes, there are knee-jerks of liking and disliking which exist outside of the... academic knee-jerks.

But they are still knee-jerks 9 of 10 cases. Whether it's music, literature or what have you. You've studied enough history of art and of its criticism to come up with your own examples.

In the 10th case, it's about some very extreme comparison where you compare badly executed work of "low culture" to a well executed work of "high culture".

Vibalist

Arcane
I absolutely despise how you can't send items from one character to another when you're shopping. If you're trying to buy some items but you're a few gold pieces short, you need to exit the fucking buy screen, transfer the cash from character A to character B, then open it up again

Regarding shop interfaces and sending items to other party members, isn't it possible to right click on an item you just bought and choose "Send to" some party member name? I can't test it for myself right now but I think it is possible.

No, not when you're in the shop panel.

Vibalist

Arcane
There's this direct "Trade" button that you can access right away, unless I'm reading your comment wrongly. Of course still need to complete introduction speech to go away tho.

I know, but there's at least one vendor (the woman next to the waypoint in the swamp hideout) whose conversation you can't end right away the first time you talk to her. So even if you press the trade button, you still need to go through it afterwards.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Grunker what's the problem with Fane and you say to avoid him? I kinda enjoy him so far (but we're moving veeery slowly, the game has humongous amounts of content per area)

AwesomeButton

Patron

No, not when you're in the shop panel.
Hm, that's bad then.

It may be posing a problem for them technically, because if you are allowed to send an item to a party member directly from the trade interface, you could hit a case where you want to "refund" an item you've just bought and you changed your mind (there is a special tab in the trade interface for this, called "Buy Back", but I think it works both ways not just for stuff you've sold), but you've already sent this item to another party member and you can't get it back any more.

Still, I think they should work on making this possible.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Grunker what's the problem with Fane and you say to avoid him? I kinda enjoy him so far (but we're moving veeery slowly, the game has humongous amounts of content per area)

It's like having an 14-year-old in your party except this guy is actually written to have the awesome powers and ohmagahd so deep insights which makes him even more insufferable.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Aren't they all teen archetypes, if you squint your eyes? Or it's just this one in particular that annoys you?

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron

It's like having an 14-year-old in your party except this guy is actually written to have the awesome powers and ohmagahd so deep insights which makes him even more insufferable.
Hehe I see.. I found the Red Prince to be more annoying the little we had him in the party tbh.
But I like the game so much that I'm sure I'll replay enough times to learn all about all of them eventually

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Aren't they all teen archetypes, if you squint your eyes? Or it's just this one in particular that annoys you?

Not really, they all have some basic stuff going for them. Ifan actually feels like an adult with a pretty human outlook on things and there's very little DRAMA with him. That in itself is a rare thing in a video game character.

They're not really all that amazing but besides Fane I don't hate any of them. Even Sebille who is certainly edgy is an interesting take on her stereotype

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Grunker, if you like Magic the Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers you might like Etherlords 2, 1 is a bit annoying. I have some issues with the variety of the decks, but it's fun.

Didn't know about it, thanks! Will check it out. Shandalar is basically my fave thing ever. Don't understand why Wizards or Blizzard doesn't do something like that, it seems like it would be really, really simple

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron

Not really, they all have some basic stuff going for them. Ifan actually feels like an adult with a pretty human outlook on things and there's very little DRAMA with him. That in itself is a rare thing in a video game character.

They're not really all that amazing but besides Fane I don't hate any of them. Even Sebille who is certainly edgy is an interesting take on her stereotype
Very basic Fane spoiler alert:
Don't you find the concept of the undead civilization lost in time interesting? I get that it's not so much Fane focused but he "revolves" around that and I find it cool.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom