Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The best part of the combat is that it is turn-based. Listing that as a negative...

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I dooooon't know about that one, chief. RTwP seems way superiooooooooor.
I'll give you this tho. The combat in BG3 seems a lot more intriguing than the one in OS2. Need to finish the game before I can judge if it's good/bad. Mixed bag so far. Interesting to see where TB will go in the future.

I'll probably enjoy it more once my party gets stronger. Watching my mage do all kinds of crazy shit is gaming bliss but, I'm still not at the point where each guy from my entourage can have a strong turn every turn.

NaturallyCarnivorousSheep

Albanian Deliberator Kang
Patron
Possibly Retarded
The combat in BG3 seems a lot more intriguing than the one in OS2
As much as you can complain about D&D as a system it's still better than what Larian did in Divinity games and that shows. It put restraints on the amount of CC you can output which made the attempt OS2 made at trying to curb it(armour) redundant plus encounter design is far more vertical with dislocation being more important than playing with elements. OS2s biggest problem with the latter is the existence of "cursed" modifier and difficulty in taking it out, which results in cursed fire spreading everywhere, wonder if there's any mod that changes it.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
The combat in BG3 seems a lot more intriguing than the one in OS2
As much as you can complain about D&D as a system it's still better than what Larian did in Divinity games and that shows. It put restraints on the amount of CC you can output which made the attempt OS2 made at trying to curb it(armour) redundant plus encounter design is far more vertical with dislocation being more important than playing with elements. OS2s biggest problem with the latter is the existence of "cursed" modifier and difficulty in taking it out, which results in cursed fire spreading everywhere, wonder if there's any mod that changes it.
blood rain

FugueLah

Scholar
So after a few playthroughs of BG3, I decided to give DOS2 a go, and holy fucking shit what is this armor system. I can't do anything to enemies without doing damage to basically half their effective health. I also can't have mixed physical damage and magic damage dealers in my party. Wtf were they thinking?

Modron

Arcane
So after a few playthroughs of BG3, I decided to give DOS2 a go, and holy fucking shit what is this armor system. I can't do anything to enemies without doing damage to basically half their effective health. I also can't have mixed physical damage and magic damage dealers in my party. Wtf were they thinking?
:whatisfun:

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

Just go full physical damage and wreck shit.

Beans00

Augur
This game is garbage because of the armour system.
I beat it because of sunk cost fallacy and hated it the whole time.
End of analysis.

MWaser

Arbiter
End of analysis.
That's how I beat all the Larian games I played, with constant hatred and because I'm determined to finish most things I started playing just because the same curiosity that drove me to try it out drives me to finish.

Beans00

Augur
End of analysis.
That's how I beat all the Larian games I played, with constant hatred and because I'm determined to finish most things I started playing just because the same curiosity that drove me to try it out drives me to finish.

I thought the first DOS was ok aside from the bad writing and a few gimmick encounters. DOS 2 is legitimately terrible.

MWaser

Arbiter
End of analysis.

I thought the first DOS was ok aside from the bad writing and a few gimmick encounters. DOS 2 is legitimately terrible.
First DOS is ok. I didn't play it because I knew it from a friend already. I played Divine Divinity, Divinity 2 and DOS 2 and those are all really bad, all for completely different reasons.

Perkel

Arcane
End of analysis.

Larian later acknowledged that that armor system was huge mistake after defending it a lot.
It was quite a shock to go from hard counters DOS1 system to death by thousands cuts DOS2.
Another one AP system but that was just bad compared to game is shit bad armor system.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
you got it wrong, make full party of archers who can easilly switch into full physical/magical output

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Years later and Codexers are still getting filtered by the armor system.

If only Rusty were still here. :M

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I am doing fine on this blind tactician run, but I just don't like what the system forces me to do.
I had a mixed party of physical and magic, it worked fine. If you go all in on magic or physical you're going to have a harder time with enemies that have a lot of one or the other.

FugueLah

Scholar
I had a mixed party of physical and magic, it worked fine. If you go all in on magic or physical you're going to have a harder time with enemies that have a lot of one or the other.
I guess I have wood and blood totems/incarnates for that. Regardless, what annoys me is every mob having unstoppable until they lose half their health.

Old Hans

Arcane
Years later and Codexers are still getting filtered by the armor system.

If only Rusty were still here. :M
it's those types of complainers who probably cried to Larien that dos1 system was unfair cause the monster saved against their magic spell, which lead directly to the dos2 system

La vie sexuelle

Learned

What repulses me is the very structure and responsiveness of the world. There's something similar in BG3, but in Divinity everything works worse.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom