Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Terenty

Liturgist
I'm fairly certain passive checks are also rolls. It's just the DM rollimg them hidden.
I tested, some are fixed, for example evil chair always gives 7 and I have 1 in that value.

Are you sure they are not all fixed? According to a blogpost by Robert Kurvitz all passive checks should be fixed unlike active ones.

We may potentially look at a serious bug that incorrectly calculates passive checks

bataille

Arcane
For background checks, the difficulty and the result are both modified by 6, for some reason. The checks themselves are static. Nothing seems to be rolled for them; you just have to have a certain level in the skill.

Also
That standoff with the major! :negative: I don't think discarding my gun after the encounter with The Pigs was a good idea.

Mortmal

Arcane
did I told you that Kasparov did nothing wrong?

ck3PNZ5.jpg

Makes sense ,its only on second page of steam sales , behind very shitty stuff, had no advertisement, even i missed the Kickstarter . It's a fantastic game ,unique, a thriller in a parallel uchronic world very sophisticated , verbose, and not translated into anything ...I shall remind them how abysmally poor is the educational system, the only way to learn English is either to have an English girlfriend or learn it with video games , have an educated guess on how i managed it. That means for most people the game dont even exist, some post angry review about it cause you remind them of their school failures and their limits, no one like to be reminded he's an ignorant and incompetent fuck.
That's less players online on release than for queen wish, in fact this game is a complete opposite design philosophy, one is taking almost no risk and work on established foundations , corridor, door, monster, loot, the rpg system of old . The other take considerable risks , incredible production value, writing is extraordinary(for a video game) , art style, atmosphere, and produce something i really never seen before ,alike the most evolved pen and paper system with most social encounters and few to zero combat.
This game is top 3 classic material, they will have success and renow , but after their death... The bankrupt company will be celebrated by a few grognards like troika.

Richard Leaks

Educated
At least they went out doing what they believed in. I hope they won't have to sell their ass to develop Russian tank grinding game just to cling to this miserable existence.

Terenty

Liturgist
For background checks, the difficulty and the result are both modified by 6, for some reason. The checks themselves are static. Nothing seems to be rolled for them; you just have to have a certain level in the skill.

Could you elaborate a bit. If i have 8 in Inland empire and the check is 10 for success why do i pass it nevertheless?

Terenty

Liturgist
At least they went out doing what they believed in. I hope they won't have to sell their ass to develop Russian tank grinding game just to cling to this miserable existence.

But they are on the 3rd place in top sellers on Steam. Is it bad?

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Could you elaborate a bit. If i have 8 in Inland empire and the check is 10 for success why do i pass it nevertheless?

Sounds like they're adding 6 to your skill to simulate an average dice roll for the passive checks. So 8 is 14.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Passive checks only show up in the dialogue tree if they have a consequence on the dialogue (like "hearing" a skill sharing an opinion or reacting), so you know what happened was the result of your skills passing the check. If the roll is failed, the dialogue just pass normally without any indication of a roll.
This isn't right, you do get to see the results of failed passive rolls.

Terenty

Liturgist

Sounds like they're adding 6 to your skill to simulate an average dice roll for the passive checks. So 8 is 14.

I dont get it. What's the point?

Codex Year of the Donut

Peak players compared to recent notable(on the codex) releases:
Divinity: Original Sin 2 peak players: 93,701
ELEX peak players: 22,969
Deadfire peak players: 22,724
Kingmaker peak players: 22,643
Greedfall peak players: 16,345
Kenshi peak players: 10,579
Torment: Tides of Numenera peak players: 7,430
Battle Brothers peak players: 5,601
Disco Elysium peak players: 3,151
ATOM peak players: 2,938
Expeditions: Viking peak players: 2,901
Bard's Tale IV peak players: 2,102
Stygian peak players: 1,335

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I really dug Mord’s playthrough. I think it’s good to realise that you don’t have to vacuum all the dialogues. If you ask somebody to tell you about their thoughts on a subject then some of them will, believe me, and verbosely. It is the player’s choice and how much you choose to roleplay or not. The game gives you the tools and it is up to the player to decide how they’re going to use those. Just a thought.
Hell yeah. @Kasparov gets it.

By the way, if anybody figures out what's up with the HUD/screenshot issue, please tag me. I'm not keeping up with the thread for several reasons.

Prime Junta

Finished day two. Damn this is good stuff. Fucking made me feel for that little shit Cuno. Now I feel terrible about punching him before. :(

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
So Thought Catalog... someone mentioned about the Revacholian Nationhood (Nationalism) trait being basically a negative trait. I am seeing more and more like this. So is this just a 'roleplaying' dealie? Many of the Thought Catalog things you can research and unlock give mechanically negative effects. Like -1 to this -2 to this, etc. So do they have an actual in game effect or is it just you view your character as having developed this mindset and you roll with it even if it has a negative impact?

EDIT: It also looks like there is no penalty for not resting/sleeping? I'm on Day 2 and am busily working away through the evening near midnight w/ no negative effect, is that true or will you start taking penalties if you just keep on going?

Also Electro-Chemistry does it for the LULZ. Most hilarious inner voice / monologue by far even though many of them are awesome. But it never ceases to make me laugh. Pure channeled unadulterated id basically. :hahano:

ArchAngel

Arcane

Peak players compared to recent notable(on the codex) releases:
Divinity: Original Sin 2 peak players: 93,701
ELEX peak players: 22,969
Deadfire peak players: 22,724
Kingmaker peak players: 22,643
Greedfall peak players: 16,345
Kenshi peak players: 10,579
Torment: Tides of Numenera peak players: 7,430
Battle Brothers peak players: 5,601
Disco Elysium peak players: 3,151
ATOM peak players: 2,938
Expeditions: Viking peak players: 2,901
Bard's Tale IV peak players: 2,102
Stygian peak players: 1,335
Sounds like it is going to be a true successor to PST, including its low sales..

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom