Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Pre-Release Thread

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Meh, who cares about a few hours?

Roughly 16 - 18 hours depending on where you live. It's just a real slap in the face considering there's no good reason why it shouldn't release at midnight on Steam.

ArchAngel

Arcane
It's like ~35% off right now if you buy from GMG, thanks to crappy GBP exchange rate (30 GBP -> 39 USD). If you're gonna d1p, may as well do it through them...

How dare you use sites with sales on games! You should buy it full price, or else you are screwing the developer! Think of how much money they could have made if you bought it full price... why are you buying it on sale? :D
Codex needs to invent another tag just for your, that
dumbfuck.gif
is not enough.
Didn't you have a dumbfuck tag not long ago? Just askin'...

No it was "possibly retarded"
Oh, my bad.
I got reformed. :)
Learned to be The One with the Codex :)

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Why pre-order a game, period. The Codex is meant to aware of bad practice when dealing with the industry.

Because many Codexers, despite pretenses of prestige and enlightenment, are impatient manchildren who want the newest, hottest AAA blockbuster games with their useless pre-order bonuses the second they are released. Even though so many of these games are broken at launch and you need to wait for a few days or weeks for them to get fixed anyway.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Because Steam now offers no-quoestions-asked refunds, making the broken at release argument redundant? It sends a more powerful message to the developer/publisher when they can see precisely how many people wanted their money back for hot trash.

Except for people like Daedalos who bought from cdkeys.com, of course.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Kill me now. I'll probably cancel my preorder. Will wait until tomorrow morning and see what people say about it.

SwiftCrack

Arcane
I just remember the same 5000 credits and extra praxis kits at its release with the HR DLC, not these individual packs.

What interface is that anyway, Xboner/PS4? It's not on Steam like that.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Human Revolution had that kind of DLC too, everybody's just forgotten about it.

In the form of a once-off DLC that gave you credits and two weapons, yes. Not several microtransactions giving you weapons, money and praxis kits.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Human Revolution had that kind of DLC too, everybody's just forgotten about it.

In the form of a once-off DLC that gave you credits and two weapons, yes. Not several microtransactions giving you weapons, money and praxis kits.

Are those microtransactions? That looks like the DLC storefront of a console. ("Apps", "Movies & TV")

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Are those microtransactions? That looks like the DLC storefront of a console. ("Apps", "Movies & TV")

No idea as I don't own either console, but does it matter where they're sold? The impact is roughly the same. Virtual goods for micropayments is never a good sign.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

No idea as I don't own either console, but does it matter where they're sold? The impact is roughly the same. Virtual goods for micropayments is never a good sign.

I guess I assumed microtransactions are something you can only buy inside a game (but I might be wrong).

More to the point, we still haven't seen any official announcement of the main game having microtransactions, only the Breach mode. Like I said earlier, it would be extremely unusual if they went "lol actually the entire game has microtransactions" on release day. That's not something you hide unless you want a PR nightmare from hell.

ThoseDeafMutes

Learned
Got my physical PC copy, won't unlock until 2am Wednesday local time. Bwahaha. Other games have unlocked before their stated steam time when devs decided to flip the switch early, but this doesn't look like it's going to be one of them.

It was worse than that, the automatic unlocking devices and (IIRC) remote explosive charges weren't in the game unless you had those packs. Definitely the AUDs at minimum.

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
At least the grid inventory is still in. I found that odd in HR too, as it is the only "hardcore" feature/aspect of the game's design (combined with the need to manage it + scavenge ammo), among the usual AAA trappings.

Coma White

Educated
Also is it my imagination, or does the lip syncing seem vastly improved from previous footage? Watching the sequence with Jensen and that hacker lady at the train station -- I could have sworn it looked WAY worse in the older footage.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom