Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Decline 20: Dominions 5: Defenders of the Faith

What era we play in?

• MA

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • EA

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • LA

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Kingcomrade

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters

Dayyālu

Arcane
It is both updated and correct. Raw plays Bandar, Grimwulf is merely subbing until the 27th, as requested by raw himself.

Why you'd like to bother people for such inanities, I don't know. We don't border each other, so can't take this as a casus belli....

mondblut

Arcane
I reviewed the thread, and half of it is variations of:

"I am playing Ulm. Yep, definitely Atlantis. BRB, submitting Ermor. Just submitted Abysia."

"Bandar Log has stalled again, Submit your turn Muty! Oh wai, Muty is Man, nevermind"

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Enemy borders approacheth from all sides, no more fucking around with indies.

105044-bad-boys-shit-just-got-real-gi-nmpt.gif

mondblut

Arcane
By the way, am I the only one who thinks Man really needs renaming? :roll:

Them swedes just don't get the finer points of the earth's common tongue.

mondblut

Arcane

Sounds like your elf girls are starting to get intimidated by the Manly Men of Man!

Aren't Manly Men of Man all pushed around by some daughters and mothers? It's like Wil Wheaton's epitome of Manliness.

Infinitum

Scholar
Are 3 additional forts at various stages of completion the gold standard for turn 14 or did Squecoo miss mage production day or something? Haven't even scouted his entire territory yet. :negative:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Are 3 additional forts at various stages of completion the gold standard for turn 14 or did Squecoo miss mage production day or something? Haven't even scouted his entire territory yet. :negative:

3 forts is nothing. Some people could have started an extra fort on turn 3 or 4 with the right setup. With everyone starting out with cheaper forts(generally), that need upgrading later, you will probably see earlier and faster fort construction for every nation.

I'm pissed that my shitty forts cost the same as everyone, and then basically upgraded to slightly higher quality shit. :lol: No more palisade spam advantage for low tech nations.

Edit: All that said four forts is pretty good right now. Around that amount is higher tier on the favorable outcome generator, good expansion, good events, good scales, etc.

Sounds like your elf girls are starting to get intimidated by the Manly Men of Man!

Aren't Manly Men of Man all pushed around by some daughters and mothers? It's like Wil Wheaton's epitome of Manliness.
They are more like supporting figures. No pushing around involved.

mondblut

Arcane

They are more like supporting figures. No pushing around involved.

That's what a fantasy Brit would respectfully say while his Mother and Daughter bring home swarthy machakan babies :smug:

JagreenLern

Erudite
Patron
MCA Project: Eternity
Your cultures are all so dreadfully primitive. R'lyeh solved the problem of gender relations eons ago, long before the star fell. The issue has been solved so thoroughly that we Starspawn are now no longer sure if we ever even had different sexes in the first place. We have also completely resolved the issue of race relations, and our society is perfectly capable of accepting members of any culture or race, as our Merman, Triton, and Atlantean residents will gladly attest.

mondblut

Arcane
Your cultures are all so dreadfully primitive. R'lyeh solved the problem of gender relations eons ago, long before the star fell. The issue has been solved so thoroughly that we Starspawn are now no longer sure if we ever even had different sexes in the first place. We have also completely resolved the issue of race relations, and our society is perfectly capable of accepting members of any culture or race, as our Merman, Triton, and Atlantean residents will gladly attest.

So that's what they meant when saying there is no sex in Soviet Union.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Ok. Then what the fuck are the Atlanteans, that kept getting raped every age and they flat out refuse to die.

I guess three palisades are a good result, but Palisades are cheap and fast to build. A proper basic fort combo (600 Palisades plus Fort upgrade 300 plus Lab 500 plus Temple 400) requires far more time and resources.

Sceleria refuses to take position on the upcoming gender war, mantaining that skellitons have no gender and that we have no idea if it's still possible to copulate with Ethereal vestals. They should be also virgins, being vestals.

This thing needs testing. Do you need magical, ehrm, "equipment"?

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Damn I only have 2 extra's - sqeecoo teach me the way... or maybe I just need some more good spots for a fort.

Infinitum

Scholar
I guess three palisades are a good result, but Palisades are cheap and fast to build. A proper basic fort combo (600 Palisades plus Fort upgrade 300 plus Lab 500 plus Temple 400) requires far more time and resources.

That's the rub though; at least 2 of them are upgraded castles already. I guess Ulm starts savagely resource-locked but still.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Decent expansion and top-notch scales, also troops that cost little gold and lots of resources and are effective against indies in low numbers. Nothing special. Production and growth contribute more to gold now, too. Are we still at war, Uruk, or has the sight of our tall, rigid towers changed your mind?

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Stale me / AI me, I'm going to be traveling until the new year and won't have a pc with dominions 5 on it for the next ten days or so. Sorry

Infinitum

Scholar
Decent expansion and top-notch scales, also troops that cost little gold and lots of resources and are effective against indies in low numbers. Nothing special. Production and growth contribute more to gold now, too. Are we still at war, Uruk, or has the sight of our tall, rigid towers changed your mind?

QmqqHVC.png

EDIT: Also, war? Just a friendly courtesy call from your local neighbourhood unkillable supercombatant telling you to vacate her dominion.

Last edited:

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Could we please get an extension for the next turn? I have no problems submitting the current one but the one coming next will be right in the middle of festivities... Relatives, little kids running around, no time for gaming. Sorry gents!

sqeecoo

Arcane
EDIT: Also, war? Just a friendly courtesy call from your local neighbourhood unkillable supercombatant telling you to vacate her dominion.

You're confusing me man. Check thine inbox if you haven't.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom