Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Dead State: Reanimated

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Goddamn. Remember how articulate, funny, and rational Annie use to be? What the fuck? I'm past the point of even laughing anymore. This shit is just sad. It doesn't even seem like the same person!

:(

edit: Volourn #Sozzy

Last edited:

Angthoron

Arcane
I just realized what the biggest issue with this game is
It is a survival game.
With no surviving involved.
It's a kinda sorta survival horror for DoubleBear right now. Will they succeed in scavenging some Community Goodwill to improve the plummeting morale? Will the ravenous hordes of zombie trolls consume them before they weed out infestations? Can they build up a patch wall before infestation spreads on to the survivors of the "meh, fix your game" passive rage virus? Find out on Doublebear: Day 4: The Overbearening.

Goddamn. Remember how articulate, funny, and rational Annie use to be? What the fuck? I'm past the point of even laughing anymore. This shit is just sad. It doesn't even seem like the same person!
Yeah, it's just sad, like I said, I don't fucking get it. It's like in three years she took a gigantic change from taking everything with a smile and a middle finger stuck out to a taking everything too serious and getting hung up on every fucking item. I mean wow, one negative post, one negative review, what the hell? Almost looks like burnout behavior, really.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
-Still enjoying the game a few hours in- No major bugs I have seen as of yet and just a few minor annoyances.

Unlike many, I dont regret my purchase at all and am really liking the game. I wish they would have made it moddable ,however since it would have allowed the community to fix parts and add parts and allow for nudity and slutty clothes.

On the Dev- Thats pretty pathetic of a way to handle criticism and from where I stand the post in question was not really that bad and even said he enjoyed the game- I too am tired of unfinished shit being released with known bugs and it certainly looks like they released to cash in on the holidays....But so far my own experiences with this game are still positive although I can see it getting boring and repetitive and dont imagine I will finish it , sadly. =(

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yeah, it's just sad, like I said, I don't fucking get it. It's like in three years she took a gigantic change from taking everything with a smile and a middle finger stuck out to a taking everything too serious and getting hung up on every fucking item. I mean wow, one negative post, one negative review, what the hell? Almost looks like burnout behavior, really.
I imagine the financial pressure on them is insane right now and the game just isn't selling well enough. They're probably this close to being forced to shutdown and go try to find real jobs.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So when the game was released, I bought it. And then I learned that its a bit of a mess. It is entirely fair to say the release was rushed. And the logical conclusion is that the decision to rush the release is probably due to a desire to generate some income. Worked on me. They released it and I bought it. But I've barely played the game and won't be playing it again for some time. I'll wait for them to fix it and I still expect to eventually enjoy the game.
When you say you "learned" it was a mess, was that from hearing about the bugs or actually playing the game? Honest question, not trying to be a dick.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Would not surprise me if she was the one who deleted her Reddit post.

Chamezero

She is also saying that a mod unrelated to DoubleBear flagged the review but that Steam screenshot says that a developer did, what gives?
To update what I said here

279bfa6fe9.png

how is this any better:hearnoevil:

Redlands

Arcane
I'm at the in-laws, so I won't get a chance to play the game myself for a while, but I'll probably leave it (to wait for patches as well as to clear all this stuff out of my head).

On the one hand, I want to support as many of these small studios as I can, because that increases the chance of getting some good, interesting games. On the other, I don't want to just waste money, because the more I give towards people who aren't going to deliver, the more others - who might be able to - are going to miss out because I (and everyone else) can only give so much. This amateur hour bullshit - even (nay, especially) by a studio that I like - is going to kill any enthusiasm I have for supporting future endeavours, because it'll just be a matter of time before they fuck up too much and go under, making it feel as though I wasted my initial "investment" (of money/attention) with their brand.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
On the one hand, I want to support as many of these small studios as I can, because that increases the chance of getting some good, interesting games. On the other, I don't want to just waste money, because the more I give towards people who aren't going to deliver, the more others - who might be able to - are going to miss out because I (and everyone else) can only give so much. This amateur hour bullshit - even (nay, especially) by a studio that I like - is going to kill any enthusiasm I have for supporting future endeavours, because it'll just be a matter of time before they fuck up too much and go under, making it feel as though I wasted my initial "investment" (of money/attention) with their brand.
Just remember that the amateur hour bullshit in question is basically one of their devs saying dramatic things on Twitter, and one forum user getting in a fight with a couple mods after deliberately breaking forum rules. The product itself has minor bugs, that's it - nothing worth all this drama.

I'm at the in-laws, so I won't get a chance to play the game myself for a while, but I'll probably leave it (to wait for patches as well as to clear all this stuff out of my head).
Probably a good idea on both counts. Always smart to allow some time for patching and polish with any game ... and this PR stuff has nothing to do with the title's quality.

-------------

In other news, another patch quietly went live a few days ago, has been patched into Steam versions, and is now available for download for gog users. Great to see they fixed that pathfinding problem with stairs.

Redlands

Arcane
Just remember that the amateur hour bullshit in question is basically one of their devs saying dramatic things on Twitter, and one forum user getting in a fight with a couple mods after deliberately breaking forum rules. The product itself has minor bugs, that's it - nothing worth all this drama.

If it's only minor, that makes all the dramatic Twitter rubbish from Annie all the more stupid and disappointing.

Please, developers, for the love of fuck STOP SHITTING WHERE YOU EAT!

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Another weird thing was how the Mitsodas stopped appearing at Codex shortly after they started developing the game. Usually it's been the other way around - most indie devs at least pay token visits, even the nice folks like Whalenaught hang around our little cesspit, and suddenly the fairly well-liked Annie off and vanishes, I never quite got that. Maybe I get it better now in hindsight, but no, still, not really.
In before all references to the Codex on the Dead State forums start getting changed to ilovedeadstate.com.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I imagine the financial pressure on them is insane right now and the game just isn't selling well enough. They're probably this close to being forced to shutdown and go try to find real jobs.

I was really pulling for DB to succeed but I fear you are correct. From what I've seen Annie post here on the Codex, her responses on Twitter for both this and GG related stuff just doesn't seem to mesh. What happened? A shame and it probably puts my boxed copy in jeopardy of never being made. :(

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
I hope they'll go bankrupt and will stop polluting the game market with their vile lies.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Probably a good idea on both counts. Always smart to allow some time for patching and polish with any game ... and this PR stuff has nothing to do with the title's quality.

-------------

In other news, another patch quietly went live a few days ago, has been patched into Steam versions, and is now available for download for gog users. Great to see they fixed that pathfinding problem with stairs.

So, which one of the devs are you?

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
It's probably because she joined the SJW hivemind, trading her sense of humor for entitlement and self-imporance. SJW: not even once.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom