Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dead State Lives: Combat Video Next Week

BobtheTree

Savant
Maybe they're game makers and not publicists.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
That leaves it to us to promote this game. I've already exposed some of my gaming friends to the existence of this game and will be linking them the combat video when it comes out.
I backed the game and they won't even expose the game to me. So why should I help them expose the game? It's obvious that they don't want it. I don't care if this is a success for them or not.
As long as the game is good when it comes out, I'll extoll it's virtues. I'm going not going to shit on them because they made a stupid decision.

I will call them stupid though.

Esquilax

Arcane
But before KS they posted a design update every monday on the forums.

That's a stretch. There would be periods where they'd post weekly followed by droughts where they'd have nothing really to report on. I pledged $50 to Dead State so I periodically check in on their Radio updates, but I agree that the lack of open updates for everybody is pretty irritating and cumbersome.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
That leaves it to us to promote this game. I've already exposed some of my gaming friends to the existence of this game and will be linking them the combat video when it comes out.
I backed the game and they won't even expose the game to me. So why should I help them expose the game? It's obvious that they don't want it. I don't care if this is a success for them or not.
As long as the game is good when it comes out, I'll extoll it's virtues. I'm going not going to shit on them because they made a stupid decision.

I will call them stupid though.
I hope it's good, too. I payed for it after all. But I don't have any extra hope it's successful because they "worked hard" trying to make it a success. Like.. that sounds so retarded, but something like that.

Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer

What do you mean by this? All you had to do was respond to the Kickstarter message they sent everyone that qualified. Either that, or PM Brian at Iron Tower and ask him to send the message to your Kickstarter account again. From what I understand, the radio updates are not a big deal anyway. So far, they are just 4 posts in a private forum.

Maybe they're game makers and not publicists.

I have come to the conclusion that you need an expert to do it, full time on your team.

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Yeah the sad thing is they shot themselves in the foot with this backer only news.
Its not just the backers, but the backers who paid ~10 more $ specifically to get news.
A friend of mine asked me about this game some time ago because he knows I usually keep track of such things, I answered truthfully that I have absolutely no idea how the game is progressing, because even though I've been following it since announcement, once I basically preordered it ~2 years prior to release, the devs decided its not enough and stopped giving any news. He was like wtf lol?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Mountains out of molehills, as I said earlier, they were making monthly Kickstarter updates up until December and in January's update they said those updates wouldn't be backers-only anymore. They have nine months to advertise.

ironyuri

Yeah the sad thing is they shot themselves in the foot with this backer only news.
Its not just the backers, but the backers who paid ~10 more $ specifically to get news.
A friend of mine asked me about this game some time ago because he knows I usually keep track of such things, I answered truthfully that I have absolutely no idea how the game is progressing, because even though I've been following it since announcement, once I basically preordered it ~2 years prior to release, the devs decided its not enough and stopped giving any news. He was like wtf lol?

Here's a simple fucking solution, Jaesun, Crooked Bee , DarkUnderlord , Infinitron :

The Codex donated a large amount of money to Dead State, we held a fundraiser. Surely the Codex as an entity is therefore entitled to receive the "backer-only" news updates. Why not request that the team route their backer-only news to the account of a Codex newsposter? The news can then be posted at Codex, which is, collectively, a "backer."

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Here's a simple fucking solution, Jaesun, Crooked Bee , DarkUnderlord , Infinitron :

The Codex donated a large amount of money to Dead State, we held a fundraiser. Surely the Codex as an entity is therefore entitled to receive the "backer-only" news updates. Why not request that the team route their backer-only news to the account of a Codex newsposter? The news can then be posted at Codex, which is, collectively, a "backer."

But as Roguey says they've already called off the backer-only Kickstarter updates.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
We could ask DoubleBear for permission to repost the Radio updates here, of course.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
We could ask DoubleBear for permission to repost the Radio updates here, of course.
Doubt that's going to get approval. People paid extra money to receive exclusive extra updates. That would be reneging their deal.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Doubt that's going to get approval. People paid extra money to receive exclusive extra updates. That would be reneging their deal.

Chances of those people actually giving a shit at this point - low.

But yeah, Iron Tower gonna Iron Tower.

FrancoTAU

Cipher
The way Walking Dead is exploding, they really just need to make a solid game and it should find a way to fund a coke binge and maybe their next game.

I haven't watched the latest episodes since S-3 picked up again.
That bad?

I actually meant exploding in popularity. I think the whole season 3 has been good. Much better than Season 2.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Chances of those people actually giving a shit at this point - low.

But yeah, Iron Tower gonna Iron Tower.

I still can't believe how stupid you have to be to deliberately limit customer exposure to your own game :lol:

I mean, I pledged and have a great deal of faith in the project, it's just so... counter-intuitive, I wonder what the hell made them do that. "Oh yeah, we'll make 10 grand extra from the Kickstarter... and we won't have marketing, ain't no thing!"

Saduj

Arcane
I still can't believe how stupid you have to be to deliberately limit customer exposure to your own game :lol:

Customers can see the updates (at least the ones who pledged enough can).

They are only limiting their exposure to potential customers.

:troll:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Probably Double Fine doing the same thing, perhaps not quite realizing that DF doesn't need any exposure because they already have mainstream sites eating out of their hand and nearly 90,000 backers who can provide word of mouth. Not quite the same reception as "Sorry, Kickstarter is so last April--oh look Obsidian and Torment!!!!!" and 10,000 backers.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This project is shit. You've all been had.

Let's look at some facts:

Half of Doublebear is Annie Carlson/Vandermeer/Mitsoda who has done the following:
1. Lead writing on SoZ and
2. Lead writing on GW2
3. Former extreme poster on the Codex
4. Enjoyed Attack of the Clones as "Good for what it is."

All of these "accomplishments" are highly criticized for for their lack of quality.

The other half of Doublebear is a guy who married a poor writer with a pair of tits and a lot of baggage. He might have done some decent stuff in the past before the tits got to him.

Also, zombies stink.

Bunch of has beens if you ask me, but then again...

:troll:

FrancoTAU

Cipher
In her favor, Annie has bigger arms than most of the Codex!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom