Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Darkest Dungeon Pre-Release Thread

Gord

Arcane
Good luck with the modders fixing it thing, I think we all know how they treated the only one with a clue by now.

They gave him a job?
:troll:

Seriously though, I'm afraid you are right about having to grind through to the endgame.

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded
Nice trolling. /sarcasm

You're right though, they just wanted tedium/grind mods from the beginning which explains why one that made it a hardcore Roguelike about making difficult choices did not fit with their poorly defined "vision".

wQNCxsl.png

Celerity

It really is an instant classic isn't it? Best art commission I ever made.

g1wu1dp.png

Here, have a set bonus.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I hope you're young and you have a lot of free time, because dedicating so much negative energy for something you don't like at all anymore, is a big waste of time

Celerity

:negative:

But seriously, 20 minutes on damage control for this shit is a great deal.

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
I can't wait for the Rpg Codex review where it says the game is meh rather than awful. I'd be halfway tempted to write it.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It's not awful but extremely meh. As someone mentioned you can have fun with it for around ten or so hours before it gets tedious and unfunny. There is very little depth. 90% of this game is presentation.

Renegen

Arcane
I wish the mental asylum was still an institution because I'd love to see Celerity taken away in real time. We could even visit him every couple of months.

Celerity

I wish the mental asylum was still an institution because I'd love to see Celerity taken away in real time. We could even visit him every couple of months.

Like I said, 20 minutes is a great deal. Just look at all the salt I can evoke with lazy trolling not even targeted at them.

Celerity

See, look at this shit. I'm blasting a corrupt video game company and its idiot fans, and people that are members of neither just unloaded the salt on their vaginas. You're like those D&D characters so fucking gimpy they die from stray AoEs or AoOs without actually doing anything.

See, look at this shit. I'm blasting a corrupt video game company and its idiot fans, and people that are members of neither just unloaded the salt on their vaginas. You're like those D&D characters so fucking gimpy they die from stray AoEs or AoOs without actually doing anything.
90%of your idiotic posts is you having mental breakdown about DD. The rest was shit trolling about Underrail/Fallout/D:OS. What did you expect faggot?

Celerity

99% of the responses are people going full retard for no reason. Also lol at Dark Souls being super hardcore, and lol even harder at your reading comprehension. I'm actually alright with Underail now that that misunderstanding was worked out. Later Fallouts and Divinity are still worthless though.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Now now son, you dont go messin with my Dark Souls.... If that game isnt hardcore would you care to name a few that you would consider hardcore?

Celerity

Don't misunderstand me. I like the Souls series. It's not the pinnacle of hardcore by a longshot. It's just watch your screen and have a clue, that's it. Only hardcore by modern standards.

But actual hardcore? Elminage, Xulima...

skyst

Augur
So going beyond the obvious reason of why this is a 10/10 thread, anyone tried the game recently? Any changes in the latest patches? I'd still like to play the game once it goes gold. If they changed nothing then meh.

The game really isn't terrible and can be pretty entertaining for around 10-20 hours. It would be a passable mobile game or at least serves as something fun on a work/school laptop but never did/never will deserve much attention as a serious game. I believe the good art style gives it more clout than the game itself can justify.

Why anyone would take a single play of it and become invested enough to mod the thing or get all worked up about development changes needs a serious fucking life priority check.

Celerity

Why anyone would take a single play of it and become invested enough to mod the thing or get all worked up about development changes needs a serious fucking life priority check.

This is actually true. I should have never traded my cynicism for optimism. Lesson learned. If the game seems shitty after a few hours just drop it.

Rutteger

Educated
Oh cool, Darkest Dungeon is finally releasing tomorrow! Maybe I'll head over to the codex thread to see if it's any goo-

:what:

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Oh cool, Darkest Dungeon is finally releasing tomorrow! Maybe I'll head over to the codex thread to see if it's any goo-

Steam displays a 9/10 86% very good rating, despite Celerity's best efforts, so maybe it's a good game.

:troll:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I spend Suday by pirating half of latest build... And now they would release "full version". Merchant class would be added in next patch AFTER release.

Starwars

Arcane
It's not exactly a great game. It's too grindy for that. But it is kind of addictive and the unique atmosphere, art, flavor and the gameplay stuff revolving around afflictions and such helps carry it quite a bit further than it would without them. Don't expect a masterpiece though because it ain't.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom