Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Darkest Dungeon Pre-Release Thread

mixer

Learned
It is nice to see someone being emotional about a game, even if the emotion exhibited is zealous hatred. After this ship sinks i'm sure you will channel your passion into something worthwhile.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Can someone here explain why in the actual fuck this game is still on the Codex curator list? I get it's barely active but come on.

Curator is pure bullshit. Just a couple of people at the top adding games they think are okay and are kinda like an RPG. The KKK (Kodex Kommunity Konsensus) has nothing to do with the curator. My advice? Don't follow that crap on Steam, it only helps the :decline:.

There is a Codex thread for almost every game out there, take your time to do some reading instead of looking for a handy list. But if you really want a handy list, well:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=9453

This list is good for what it is™.

EDIT: also, LOL @ you not knowing about reddit shadowbans. Shadowbanning is the ultimate faggotry, no wonder faggot central likes it so much.

Last edited:

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded
Can someone here explain why in the actual fuck this game is still on the Codex curator list? I get it's barely active but come on.

Curator is pure bullshit. Just a couple of people at the top adding games they think are okay and are kinda like an RPG. The KKK (Kodex Kommunity Konsensus) has nothing to do with the curator. My advice? Don't follow that crap on Steam, it only helps the :decline:.

There is a Codex thread for almost every game out there, take your time to do some reading instead of looking for a handy list. But if you really want a handy list, well:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=9453

This list is good for what it is™.

EDIT: also, LOL @ you not knowing about reddit shadowbans. Shadowbanning is the ultimate faggotry, no wonder faggot central likes it so much.

I was only half serious, and already found all the relevant or interesting games from poking through forums. But someone else pointed it out (noticing a theme here? I'm not even pursuing these clowns anymore) so I remarked on it.

I had no idea how Reddit works beyond the Derpest Dungeon Reddit being full of complete shitlords that will stalk you everywhere for any criticism (even the tame pre July shit) and doxx you and spam the shit out of your phone at all hours of the day and night for the next few days. I deleted that account (they later lied and claimed they banned me). I made another when Jim Fucking Sterling Son covered them and they predictably began harassing him on his own subreddit.

Also, "faggotry" suggests these people are getting sexual action. Don't you think that's a "little" bit misleading (and horrifying)?

It is nice to see someone being emotional about a game, even if the emotion exhibited is zealous hatred. After this ship sinks i'm sure you will channel your passion into something worthwhile.

Oh, I can do more than fire the missiles at their corruption. They should really just fuck off and die already so I can get started on that, but as is always the case with poorly designed difficulty systems the life inflation on these mobs is insane.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
I had no idea how Reddit works beyond the Derpest Dungeon Reddit being full of complete shitlords that will stalk you everywhere for any criticism (even the tame pre July shit) and doxx you and spam the shit out of your phone at all hours of the day and night for the next few days. I deleted that account (they later lied and claimed they banned me). I made another when Jim Fucking Sterling Son covered them and they predictably began harassing him on his own subreddit.

Holy fucking shit, dude. That crosses the line. Did you report that shit to the police or something? As our glorious leader DU likes to say "it's all fun and games until the RL police is at your RL doorstep". Usually the kind of asshole that bothers to doxx people and harass them IRL because of a shitty game isn't very bright himself. Hence a police report is very likely to lead to a very unpleasant visit at his/her house. Now that you mention the doxxing and IRL crimes, it's a lot easier to understand why you went on a warpath against the game.

As for Jim Sterling, he could've exposed the harassment in his channel, since he is a relatively known youtubber.

aggotry" suggests these people are getting sexual action. Don't you think that's a "little" bit misleading (and horrifying)?
I see you still need to learn the difference between homosexuality and faggotry, son. :troll:

hello friend

Arcane
Shhh! Don't distract him from his work! It's not every day you get to see a master gemcutter at work, and these glittering gems, these glittering gems aint gonna cut themselves.

Celerity

Dude. Haven't you been following this thread? Derpest Dungeon shills have went further than that. I've already put one in the real Darkest Dungeon for federal crimes. Why the fuck do you think I'm so determined? When someone bullies and pressures me and tries forcing my silence I only become filled with more determination. When I criticize a fucking game for weak design and get ignoring and later censoring and later this in response? Fuck. That. Because Derpest Dungeon is far from the only badly designed game. I've probably spent more real world time on the design failings of Dungeons and Dragons, or Diablo 3, or any number of other games that for whatever reason were filled with bad design. Except none of those devs got fucking salt on their dicks about it, and the communities either agreed with me, or at least quit well short of that sort of disagreement.

As for Jim, I have kept him well posted of continued developments, at least those he'd give a fuck about (he won't really care about bad/lazy design, he will care about corrupt censoring shit). The last thing I've heard from him is "Like I said, [Celerity is] everywhere." because it sounded like he confused someone else for me and I intervened. He's not ignoring me, I have gotten responses about other subjects so I can only conclude that:

1: He doesn't give a fuck about Derpest Dungeon.
2: He's being paid for silence (I doubt this one, but it would explain the reactions I've gotten in a few other places).
3: He is fully aware of everything but is remaining silent until he can strike these fools down with A SINGULAR STRIKE!

No points for guessing which outcome I prefer. The last also best fits his personality but it wouldn't be the first time I read someone wrong.

But seriously, my pre July criticism in the game was tongue in cheek shit about the game being completely lacking in challenge and depth, mixed with insistence and ideas it become more than that. They got super salty about that, so you can imagine how well they regarded more serious criticisms. And if they're aware of every post I've made on four separate forums on the game (and they are, they admitted as much), they could ya know actually implement fixes instead of ignoring all criticism from all users (except Jim Sterling, because that means lost sales).

Remember that cryptic remark I made about people's true natures? One of the things I was getting at was that a streamer who constantly goes on about how "You're not just a number." and was at least partially aware of their true nature and could reasonably infer they did regard everyone as just a number still willingly worked with them for some :takemyjewgold: . Now ain't that something? I will not name this person, because as disappointed as I am in his behavior the Derpests are known for harassment and shit by association (see also: them harassing a streamer just for being my friend while not even streaming their shitty "game") and I'm better than that, so even their new puppets will not be targeted by me even indirectly. I won't be doing anything else with that individual anymore either.

But in any case I don't think there's anything further I can do with Jim now and other media outlets do not seem receptive or approachable. So when I talk about how I only knew about x because someone pointed it out, it's not a factor of laziness or demotivation so much as being out of immediate ideas.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
They got super salty about that

No, no, no. Just...NO! Leave the "salty" shit at reddit. The proper term is "butthurt". Say it with me: "they got BUTTHURT about that". Or better yet:

"They got :butthurt: about that".

worked with them for some :takemyjewgold:

Shekels. The jewgold smiley was ok, tho. I see you're making an effort to integrate into the community. :salute:

I've probably spent more real world time on the design failings of Dungeons and Dragons, or Diablo 3, or any number of other games that for whatever reason were filled with bad design. Except none of those devs got fucking salt on their dicks about it

Kinda sounds like gRPG to me. I said he would fit right in.

He's not ignoring me, I have gotten responses about other subjects so I can only conclude that:

2: He's being paid for silence (I doubt this one, but it would explain the reactions I've gotten in a few other places).
3: He is fully aware of everything but is remaining silent until he can strike these fools down with A SINGULAR STRIKE!

You should consider option 4: he got scared shitless after shills found out his RL name and address. Bullying fedora fatsos is not that hard. In fact...

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/omega-turbodweeb-showcase-tips-fedora.90323/

We have a 302 pages thread about it! :D

Premium content, tho. You'll be able to access it after a year or by giving DU some shekels. Cocaine and whores don't come cheap.

Now ain't that something?

Welcome to planet Earth, a wonderful place where the people that pay for your bills DO get to order you around. If the streamer isn't a 30 y/o an unemployed loser living with his parents, then he needs a source of income. If he streams for most of the day and during business hours, chances are streaming IS his job. And if streaming games is his job, well...guess who pays for his bills :D

le-happy-merchant-gaming01.jpg

Pictured: a streamer that is definitely not on anyone's pocket.

Mortmal

Arcane

Its another of those titles that gets on curator list cause its labelled a rpg but the 1% running the curator list have not even played , does not bother to try games and certainly wont hand over the keys to more serious people. Maybe a bribe or free keys from the marketing departement is enough again .Those guys seems good on marketing but not so much on everything else.
Another title i would not advise anyone to purchase, artstyle is great with a warhammer vibe, perks phobia , character dementia is nice, but past the novelty you end up with just one big boring grind . Another cashgrab ,its as exciting as those jrpg everyone here loathe or pretend to loathe.If you like this you may as well grind penguins in some atlus game, they are all the same.
6 hours on it , i am not in a hurry to try the latest version.

Playing satellite reign instead atm , another good title not on curator list, those third worldians sucks on marketing and bribing.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
So, would any of you mind getting me up to speed on how this thing developed? TL'DR version is all I need.

I played this in Early Access and while the Kickstarter concept seemed amazing, the game turned out to be gigantic pile of borefest. It just didn't have the sort of grip I expected from roguelikes. Yeah it was brutal, I died a lot, all that great stuff, but the playthroughs didn't really feel different from one another, no matter what I tried.

That's still the case?

Mortmal

Arcane
So, would any of you mind getting me up to speed on how this thing developed? TL'DR version is all I need.

I played this in Early Access and while the Kickstarter concept seemed amazing, the game turned out to be gigantic pile of borefest. It just didn't have the sort of grip I expected from roguelikes. Yeah it was brutal, I died a lot, all that great stuff, but the playthroughs didn't really feel different from one another, no matter what I tried.

That's still the case?
No its a bit worse, last time enemies left corpses, another annoyance added to the pile of borefest.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane

That's still the case?
No its a bit worse, last time enemies left corpses, another annoyance added to the pile of borefest.

Thanks!

Celerity

They got super salty about that

No, no, no. Just...NO! Leave the "salty" shit at reddit. The proper term is "butthurt". Say it with me: "they got BUTTHURT about that". Or better yet:

"They got :butthurt: about that".

Actually, salty is a Twitch/competitive fighting game term, which is where I get it. Most of that term's use on Reddit is them discussing the same.:martini:

He's not ignoring me, I have gotten responses about other subjects so I can only conclude that:

You should consider option 4: he got scared shitless after shills found out his RL name and address. Bullying fedora fatsos is not that hard. In fact...

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/omega-turbodweeb-showcase-tips-fedora.90323/

We have a 302 pages thread about it! :D

Premium content, tho. You'll be able to access it after a year or by giving DU some shekels. Cocaine and whores don't come cheap.

I don't doubt they'd try. I do doubt he'd care. Digital Homicide does that shit all the time and for all their failings they are putting stuff on the market which is more than can be said of the shills. He's even made it super easy for them by announcing his full name himself and general location. That alone is like activating a homing beacon for anyone competent who hates you (the main problem being finding a competent person in support of Derpest... also why I've only had people crossing the line with me about 3 times instead of... 30...)

Now ain't that something?

Welcome to planet Earth, a wonderful place where the people that pay for your bills DO get to order you around. If the streamer isn't a 30 y/o an unemployed loser living with his parents, then he needs a source of income. If he streams for most of the day and during business hours, chances are streaming IS his job. And if streaming games is his job, well...guess who pays for his bills :D

Pictured: a streamer that is definitely not on anyone's pocket.

This particular person has a conventional job which gives him most of his money. He was however bribed numerous times about this.

Irony: My previous comment, followed by some salty moderator.

Celerity

That's still the case?

TL;DR:

:hype:

Russian-High-Speed-Train-Velaro-RUS.jpg

wQNCxsl.png

Switzerland.jpg

Community: :rage:

Celerity: :flamesaw:

Shills::yeah:

Developers: :kingcomrade:

Outside observers: :what:

Oh yeah and all the old problems are still there at 11. Any questions?

Celerity

Shame about him not nailing them for the censoring bullshit or any of the worse things they've done than corpses (which is "merely" incoherent, annoying, tedious design mismarketed as actual vision and difficulty).

Mortmal

Arcane
I think there's too many people with the "possibly retarded" tag on the dex who dont really deserves it .

Celerity

At some point a mod got salty with me. Cue ironic timing. I look at it the same way I look at anonymous downvotes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom