Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DA2 - The making of "Champion of Kirkwall"..

ortucis

Prophet
Ulminati said:
Anyway, he went on to do Merrils mirror quest thingie, and the boss at the end took ages to take out because monsters are level scaled and he hadn't picked up enough übar lewtz yet. Of course, Aveline is goddamn immortal, so he just autoattacked the thing with his mage for a good 15 minutes while Aveline took the beatings.

Aveline is not only immortal but she is the only interesting character in the whole game (including Hawke and the family). Her side quests are really well done (and funny).

Other than that, the whole game is nothing but one encounter after another. I got so bored that I just ignored the last two side quests I had remaining and just finished the damn game (I am one of those who do every side quest first). The combat is retarded not because of the speed (I played DA:O pretty much like this in real time with quick pauses every now and then) but the blood being thrown around and the ridiculous special effects from spells filling the screen. Half of the time I couldn't even see the enemy and my character forcing me to move around away from AOE for the spell.

Screenshot bitch louder than words so..

... :o .. Saved by the doorway?

Not related but here's a funny bug they managed to miss. The moment you approach the person with the arrow over his head here the cinematic for quest triggers. But wait, the auto spawning enemies at night managed to spawn right here in the trigger spot. OOPS! So I get attacked and suddenly the cinematic triggers as well.. which when ends spawns even more enemies. Oh joy.

Wait, which one is my.. oh right, the portraits.. *PHEW*

The fall of "Pride Demon". He can't fit throught the doorway and attack my mage. :smug:

BEST BACKSTABS EVER!!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom