Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DA2 - The making of "Champion of Kirkwall"..

ortucis

Prophet
*Nightmarish difficulty ON

Step-1 - Trigger the challenge..
Step_01.jpg

Step-2 - Die and realise that the AI for boss-fight is amazingly challenging, kudos BioWare..
Step_02.jpg

Step-3 - Respawn and look around for the nearest pillar*. Gentlemen, the making of "champion of Kirkwall"..

Step-4 - Realise that the Qunari have issues..

Step-5 - Call a meeting of city planners/builders/engineers. Qunari weirdos..

*Run around waiting for cooldown reset for (almost) insta-kill attacks. Stop every now and then to, well, attack. Repeat process until the champion of Kirkwall is born.

circ

Arcane
LOOKIT DEM TEXTURES! Can you totally kill that fucking ugly piece of shit off? Merril too? Sorry elf, your neck is disgusting. Varrick? That gay elf? THEN WAIT FOR THE BETHANY/ISABEL THREESOME MOD. OH GOD IT'S HEAVAN.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I actually CBA after seeing that his health wouldn't really budge (I have a tank build) so I reloaded and chose the group fight option. He went down in about 2 minutes of AOE nukage from Merril.

DraQ

Arcane
Jools said:
I actually CBA after seeing that his health wouldn't really budge (I have a tank build) so I reloaded and chose the group fight option. He went down in about 2 minutes of AOE nukage from Merril.
That must be an example of an exciting boss fight. I've heard so much about those in many different genres.
:smug:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
The guy has a cone attack with slow animation. Just strafe around him and hit the Awesome-button.

chzr

Scholar
so you can beat him the same way as ogre? indeed you need to be special to be a champion of kirkwall

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
You also forgot more Codex-approved options:

- Rape her.
- End of the line. (Stanley Woo endorsed)
- r00fles.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
ortucis said:

If someone here is very very bored, and is good at cropping images, could you crop the image of the horned guy from this picture? I like totally would so add you to my BRO list!

ortucis

Prophet
Angthoron said:
Could you put this in more context? What is going on here?

SPOILER (though seriously, who didn't see this coming?)

Quick version..

Well, one of your companion (that Dwarf from demo) has a "companion quest" which starts your journey and ends it as well. Basically, in the begining (Deep Roads mission) his brother takes a cursed idol and traps you all in the ruins. That idol fucks up his (betrayer brother) mind. Later in-game you finally find the betrayer and help/kill him but there is no sign of idol (betrayer tells your companion that he destroyed it).

In the end, rather abruptly, you have this Merid.. meridit.. whatever, lunatic Templar who suddenely reveals her super-secret-awesome-manga weapon. A glowing red sword she got made from the remains of the idol she bought from the betrayer dwarf. Over the years, the idol drove her crazy as well and there are hints (if you bother talking with that one templar every now and then in front of Chantry) and rumors of her going mad slowly.

Yes, that's how it's revealed at the last boss fight. I don't know whether they were expecting us to be shocked or vomit at the stupidity of the whole moment.

2nm2hxf.jpg

Monocause

Arcane
ortucis said:
In the end, rather abruptly, you have this Merid.. meridit.. whatever, lunatic Templar who suddenely reveals her super-secret-awesome-manga weapon. A glowing red sword she got made from the remains of the idol she bought from the betrayer dwarf.

WONDER OF WONDERS

Monocause

Arcane
I suppose Jaesun meant cropping him out of the background completely. I might do it this evening if someone won't do it first.

BTW:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpKnODMB ... re=related

I BELIEVE YOU LOST THIS SOMEWHERE (kachink kachink kachink whoosh kachink)

I THOUGHT IT WAS LOST. PERHAPS IT SHOULD BE. THAT DOES NOT DIMINISH YOUR KINDNESS (kachink kachink kachink whoosh kachink)

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Monocause said:
I suppose Jaesun meant cropping him out of the background completely. I might do it this evening if someone won't do it first.

Yes I meant that. I just woke up and only have had a few sips of coffee so far....

Angthoron

Arcane
ortucis said:
Well, one of your companion (that Dwarf from demo) has a "companion quest" which starts your journey and ends it as well. Basically, in the begining (Deep Roads mission) his brother takes a cursed idol and traps you all in the ruins. That idol fucks up his (betrayer brother) mind. Later in-game you finally find the betrayer and help/kill him but there is no sign of idol (betrayer tells your companion that he destroyed it).

In the end, rather abruptly, you have this Merid.. meridit.. whatever, lunatic Templar who suddenely reveals her super-secret-awesome-manga weapon. A glowing red sword she got made from the remains of the idol she bought from the betrayer dwarf. Over the years, the idol drove her crazy as well and there are hints (if you bother talking with that one templar every now and then in front of Chantry) and rumors of her going mad slowly.

Yes, that's how it's revealed at the last boss fight. I don't know whether they were expecting us to be shocked or vomit at the stupidity of the whole moment.

Cool, thanks.

Is the dialogue in the previous screenie for reals though? If so, why would the player want to kiss her? I know it's a Bioware game but that makes even less sense than usual.

ortucis

Prophet
Angthoron said:
ortucis said:

Cool, thanks.

Is the dialogue in the previous screenie for reals though? If so, why would the player want to kiss her? I know it's a Bioware game but that makes even less sense than usual.

Err no, except for the first shot in the first post, every other image has photoshopped text and dialogue wheel. :lol:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Are you stupid? the game doesn't even have a morality scale so there is not +1 good or evil points which should be a fukkin' clue the screen is fake. LMFAO Gullible shitz are gullible shitz.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom