Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DA2: Shit just got real.

Gord

Arcane
VentilatorOfDoom said:
Everything is linked to your specific EA account and one day they say: trolololo we ban your account cuz you said somethin' wrong, thanks for your money though! And you lose the usage rights to all those DLC crap or whatever was linked to your account? Sorry, but that can't possibly be legal.

It is certainly what some companies would like the law to be. Their idea is something like this:
You only rent something from them, which they can then take away again whenever they feel like doing so.
Whether it's a game, music, video, e-books, a DRM-fetishists wet dream is that big buisiness has complete controll over the products they sell you.
Only one of the reasons to strongly oppose restrictive DRM schemes.

Anyway, I hope that jurisdiction will ultimately stay on the customers side on stuff like this.

racofer

Thread Incliner
WX45j.jpg

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Freelance Henchman said:
DragoFireheart said:
racofer said:
A few months from now, EA to Bioware:

YOU HAVE FAILED!

RELEASING CONTROL

:love:

I hope that isn't prophetic. :( The Collector General ended up being incinerated and I really don't want Bioware to go down in flames.

EDIT: why the fuck do qunari have horns now :x

It's likely Biotard is going down in flames. Are you really surprised?

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Freelance Henchman said:
Stop bitching about inconsequential things and judge the game itself.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Bioware going down in flames was pretty obvious since they "merged" with EA. Only question was how long it would take and would it be with a bang or a whimper.

Sceptic said:
Freelance Henchman said:

"Qunari"

Instant is off ▼

Advanced search
About 189,000 results (0.07 seconds)

DA wiki said:
In Dragon Age II, it is revealed that most qunari have horns. Some are born without them, but it is not considered a defect—on the contrary, those born without horns are considered special, as they are meant for a special role in qunari society such as a Ben-Hassrath or an envoy to the other races. Sten, as a soldier of the Beresaad, falls into this category. It is not uncommon for qunari who betray their beliefs to remove their own horns (as in the case of Armaas), though the reason for this act is not yet clear.

circ

Arcane
Freelance Henchman said:
Yeah, I am. But then I never expected something as terrible as DA2 to come out of Bioware, so who knows. :(
I don't get it. BioWare has been one long rollercoaster ride of terrible since its inception, although BG 1 had its moments mainly because of D&D and the artwork. Stop deflecting, it's ok to call shit, shit. Or derivatives like; Obsidian, turd.

circ

Arcane
Clockwork Knight said:
Sceptic said:
Freelance Henchman said:

"Qunari"

Instant is off ▼

Advanced search
About 189,000 results (0.07 seconds)

DA wiki said:
In Dragon Age II, it is revealed that most qunari have horns. Some are born without them, but it is not considered a defect—on the contrary, those born without horns are considered special, as they are meant for a special role in qunari society such as a Ben-Hassrath or an envoy to the other races. Sten, as a soldier of the Beresaad, falls into this category. It is not uncommon for qunari who betray their beliefs to remove their own horns (as in the case of Armaas), though the reason for this act is not yet clear.
Ooooh! I must have missed that tidbit in DA:O. Oh wai...

DraQ

Arcane
The sooner Bioware goes down in flames, the better. Same about Bethesda, unless miracle happens, but I don't believe in miracles.

Great majority of the gaming industry should go down in flames, because that's the only way we can rid it of all the Greed inc. -s that has grown to bureaucratized to even be capable of anything innovative and too fat to take even minimal risks doing so.

And it's not like Bioware has ever been HAWKESOM!!1 anyway - even BG1 was riddled with shit gameplay, shit design AND copypasted interiors. BG2 was much, much better, but after that?

MajorNova

Novice
Befuddled Halfling said:
No contract, EULA or other, can override basic provisions of consumer protection laws, let alone a country's constitutions (free speech).

That said, EA would probably silence you with a threat to counter-sue for slander.

EDIT- I just saw this guy made the remark on the BioWare forum, which probably makes you waive all your rights to free speech and not being raped when you sign on. Just registering now to see what exactly is in there.

This. EULA means very little if they are breaking consumer protection laws. I rememeber few famous cases of Autodesk suing people over them reseling their AutoCAD copies or something , and EULA meant nothing in those cases really, and Autodesk lost every time they tried that.

Pelvis Knot

Cipher
MajorNova said:
This. EULA means very little if they are breaking consumer protection laws. I rememeber few famous cases of Autodesk suing people over them reseling their AutoCAD copies or something , and EULA meant nothing in those cases really, and Autodesk lost every time they tried that.

Autodesk sued a man who first got a discount to upgrade his software to a newer version, then sold the older version. Autodesk WON the case. I think you can find the whole case on Arstechnica.

MajorNova

Novice
Pelvis Knot said:
Autodesk sued a man who first got a discount to upgrade his software to a newer version, then sold the older version. Autodesk WON the case. I think you can find the whole case on Arstechnica.

Well I could be wrong too, I dont rememeber this good tbh, but iirc there was more similar cases with them , would look up articles but its too much :effort:

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Pelvis Knot said:
MajorNova said:

AFAIK to legally use an upgrade you need to keep the software that you upgrade.

waywardOne

Arcane
Trash said:
Vaarna_Aarne said:
waywardOne said:
bioware's best work was already long behind them when EA acquired them. let's end this charade of it being anyone other than bioware's fault that they suck. we should be thanking EA for expediting bw's demise.
:salute:

Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age: Origins were all fun games to play. The difference in quality from these to Dragon Age 2 is rather staggering. It has EA written all over it.

i won't debate whether they're fun or not; too subjective. all you have to do is look at how they copypasted what they thought worked in BG2 and started dropping the other "rpg" aspects. dialogs were just lead-ins to the next fight instead of a way of investigating a plot or developing a/your character. romances became the major focus for NPCs instead of fleshing out a (usually optional) travel-n-battle companion. and they were never able to properly script AI so they just said fuck it and made combat 10 different yet sparkly ways to implement the only available tactic.

really, i don't bitch about how disappointing Donkey Kong 2 was so i really should lay off Bioware some.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Seen a lot of "rate the game 1 - 10" threads on forums. Give your 2c here rated 1 - 10 and please read discriptions before rating.

http://social.bioware.com/11633/polls/16668/

3 - can't think of much I liked about it, felt like it was mostly a waste of time
25%

5 or worse: 54%

And that is on Bioware's own forums... :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom