Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Czech game "Inquisitor" - ever heard of it?

Tolknaz

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Does anyone still take Knee-jerkCraze seriously enough to argue with him about anything? I mean the game is really fucking zoomed out when played at higher resolutions, but so are all of the fucking IE games, Fallouts, Arcanum etc. Unlike Inquisitor they have bigger font mods for graphic whores, but seeing shit at higher resolutions is still harder than it should be. Even Ghostdog mentions, that Planescape is best played at 720p or the game will bee too zoomed out. I agree and i have a 27 inch monitor. Big fucking deal.

Morkar Left

I never understood this problem; what's difficult in lowering the resolution in the game menu? :?

Why accept lower quality with modern games just because it's isometric? How is that an excuse to have to play at resolutions almost half my monitor size?

Also why not accept being able to have different levels of zoom?

Your monitor isn't able to stretch the resolution and you have to play in a window?

Different levels of zoom is nothing other than changing the resolution.

You are complaining that everything is to tiny. The solution to your problem is to lower the resolution. Personally I recommend 1024x768. Than everything isn't tiny anymore. You don't even need antialiasing for this.

ironyuri

I never understood this problem; what's difficult in lowering the resolution in the game menu? :?

Why accept lower quality with modern games just because it's isometric? How is that an excuse to have to play at resolutions almost half my monitor size?

Cool, so Fallout, Arcanum, Diablo 1 & 2, Fallout 2, Lionheart, Divine Divinity, Divinity 1... they all had different levels of zoom and 1920x1280 resolutions as native. Yep I'm with you.

Bullshit argument brah.

Game was made in 2009. Those games weren't.

But how come this game is crispy smooth at 1920x1280 just zoomed the fuck out.

So that it means it clearly can run at that resolution yet because of bad design I have drop the resolution way down and make the game THAT LOOKED SMOOTH AND SHARP, BLURRY

Game was made in 2009? Really? Wrong.

The game was in development from 1999 onwards and released in Czech in 2009, with the English translation beginning in 2010.

Idiot.

Ps. Here's the developers running the game on 4 monitors, 2012 faggot.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Butthurt level:

9df.gif

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity

Cool, so Fallout, Arcanum, Diablo 1 & 2, Fallout 2, Lionheart, Divine Divinity, Divinity 1... they all had different levels of zoom and 1920x1280 resolutions as native. Yep I'm with you.

Bullshit argument brah.

Game was made in 2009. Those games weren't.

But how come this game is crispy smooth at 1920x1280 just zoomed the fuck out.

So that it means it clearly can run at that resolution yet because of bad design I have drop the resolution way down and make the game THAT LOOKED SMOOTH AND SHARP, BLURRY

Game was made in 2009? Really? Wrong.

The game was in development from 1999 onwards and released in Czech in 2009, with the English translation beginning in 2010.

Idiot.

Ps. Here's the developers running the game on 4 monitors, 2012 faggot.

And do you think that 4 monitor abortion is playable?

Goddamn you nigs get caught up in OMG it's a hardcore RPG I have to defend it to the death.

Accept mediocrity because it has shit graphics.

It's impossible for isometric games to look good!

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
It was great, no pants, I got to pee in the yard, I got to sleep whenever I wanted to, I got to eat bacon every day from the package in the cabinet. Then I bit this guy's face and suddenly everyone wants to act like I'm supposed to know better.I am beautiful woman and I love good man…..inter racial romance is my dream… so I joined —blackwhitеPlanet.С0M—–it's where to- connect with beautiful and excellent people!

ironyuri

Mrowak

I'm in Devil's Cavern now, I'm finding it comparatively easier than Iron Mines, but I'm spending alot more on pots to stay afloat. There's alot more combat, alot less salvageable loot. If I really need to up my cash reserves though I could just dump all my pots and grab all the orc and bandit scalps I've left scattered across various maps. The area is fairly intuitive in getting keys, progressing, but the portal outside tells me level 2 is not the end and that I should expect to be trolled by a minimum 2-3 levels more, which I am not keen to do.

So far, I'm finding combat easy if I take ice sigils (the round ones) and lightning bolt sigils (the round ones), also the oval lightning symbols which cast chain lightning/ball lightning. If you enter a room with multiple enemies, spamming ice storm (balls moving out in a ring) is basically awesome button win mode. If you get stuck with a bunch of enemies coming at you, lightning bolts and ball lightning sunders their assholes.

It's impossible for isometric games to look good!

Quoted for preservation. Affix the bow of shame.

Mrowak

Arcane
Mrowak

I'm in Devil's Cavern now, I'm finding it comparatively easier than Iron Mines, but I'm spending alot more on pots to stay afloat. There's alot more combat, alot less salvageable loot. If I really need to up my cash reserves though I could just dump all my pots and grab all the orc and bandit scalps I've left scattered across various maps. The area is fairly intuitive in getting keys, progressing, but the portal outside tells me level 2 is not the end and that I should expect to be trolled by a minimum 2-3 levels more, which I am not keen to do.

So far, I'm finding combat easy if I take ice sigils (the round ones) and lightning bolt sigils (the round ones), also the oval lightning symbols which cast chain lightning/ball lightning. If you enter a room with multiple enemies, spamming ice storm (balls moving out in a ring) is basically awesome button win mode. If you get stuck with a bunch of enemies coming at you, lightning bolts and ball lightning sunders their assholes.

Yeah, I didn't have time to play yesterday, so my impressions didn't change. The fights themselves are not difficult - I have 20 points in Miracle Magic now and I am murdering things left and right with endless Locust Swarms, although I do use pentacles from time to time. It's just how mind-boggingly boring this is is what gets me. No bosses, no champions, no variation: just 3 kinds of lizzardmen, some skellies and bats all of whom you dispose in the same way. Also the way everything is "intuitive" as you say - go from point A to B to C to D to A again and so on. What is so fun about it?

I also have to say I am quite butthurt that I didn't conserve the boxes for skill points - I didn't know you could get them this way and used them as a portable shops - which saves you a lot trips to town, admittedly.

And that troll over there of all the things had to criticise what the game does competently - the graphics are fine - largely due to terrific art direction but still. Only recently modern AAA 3D RPGs became equally competent in this regard.

ironyuri

Mrowak

Yeah, I didn't have time to play yesterday, so my impressions didn't change. The fights themselves are not difficult - I have 20 points in Miracle Magic now and I am murdering things left and right with endless Locust Swarms, although I do use pentacles from time to time. It's just how mind-boggingly boring this is is what gets me. No bosses, no champions, no variation: just 3 kinds of lizzardmen, some skellies and bats all of whom you dispose in the same way. Also the way everything is "intuitive" as you say - go from point A to B to C to D to A again and so on. What is so fun about it?

I also have to say I am quite butthurt that I didn't conserve the boxes for skill points - I didn't know you could get them this way and used them as a portable shops - which saves you a lot trips to town, admittedly.

And that troll over there of all the things had to criticise what the game does competently - the graphics are fine - largely due to terrific art direction but still. Only recently modern AAA 3D RPGs became equally competent in this regard.

Well, it's not "fun" in the Lizard mines per se, I'm finding it a chore. But the quests themselves are fun, and I will willingly fight through these scaley faggots (DraQs) to put the final heretic in act 2 to the torch.

I want to see him burn. So bad. I'm saving my erection for it.

Mrowak

Arcane
Well, it's not "fun" in the Lizard mines per se, I'm finding it a chore. But the quests themselves are fun, and I will willingly fight through these scaley faggots (DraQs) to put the final heretic in act 2 to the torch.

:what:

Ok, so what's exactly your alignment in the game?

ironyuri

Ha ha, oh wow. jpg

Has anyone gone to arrest the final heretic in the underground dungeon at the end of act 2?

Ohmagad. These fucking spellcasters.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Ok, time for some retarded questions in act 1(possible SPOILERS):

1-Is the Monstrance quest for priests only(playing a paladin)? I find it, but nobody cares,and i killed the vampire bishop disciple romius(nobody give a fuck)!
2-How to join the knight bros in Act 1? They say im not entitled :lol:
3- In the iron mines i killed a knight bro(the suspicious one), but my paladin says he's fake! wheres the real one?
4-Theres a unbreakable chest in the iron mines (in a dungeon with fallen spirits)! How to open it?

Fun exploit: Release the genie box in dangerous fights! He kill the enemys and ask your wish later( tell him you don need him :smug:)

1 and 3. Talk to D'Arvais who is near a campfire to the north of Hillbrandt. When I returned his sword from the fake he also let me turn in the monstrance quest. This also answers 2 since you join the knights once you accomplish these two quests. 4 relates to something that happens later on.

Thanks Stakhanov!

Now it seems i have concluded my investigation, but the game is bad at giving me directions! I have burned a heretic, and accused the leader of the cult(he promptly flees after the accusation) and thats it, nobody give a fuck! Halp..

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Codexian

:what:

Ok, so what's exactly your alignment in the game?

Mine is:

Any other good music to listen while playing? dnf :
Go to Harlot home after Judge will release her.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
@Comissar Draco : Already did this, and she confessed everything. Burned the Heretic that she accused of heresy. When i accuse teh leader of the heretics he dissapear, and im left with no clues ;_;

Also, whats the deal with the pentagram in the last level of the iron mines? Theres only enemies there

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
On the one hand, it's reasonable to expect a game released in 2012 to adhere to modern standards. Adding a zoom in/out option would not be unreasonable in a game like this. it already uses D3D so you could presumably just dynamically scale the 2D art like they are doing with Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition. It might look kinda shit but it'd still be useful at times, and you could always zoom out again when you want.

On the other hand, expecting a game with 2D prerendered pixel-based scaling visuals to somehow make that source art bigger without leading to serious visual artifacting, blurriness etc. via some sort of computer magic is also fucking retarded.

Sea, once you clear a map only 1 or 2 enemies respawn, usually in one or two corridors. It's not a "problem" I mean christ. Having to fight a single giant bat as I return to a shop is no issue. Having to fight 1-2 skeletons is easy. Don't inflate the problem. Unless it gets serious in chapter 3, then it's just extra xp and cash without much effort.
Except later on those stronger Orc Warriors that take 30 seconds to kill and butcher your party if you aren't high level enough start respawning, along with other annoying and dangerous monsters like Fire Bats, Ghosts, etc. They don't just respawn when you leave the area... sometimes they respawn as soon as you've walked 10 feet away from a particular spot. I've literally had enemies reappear after simply walking to the next room and back. It gets really fucking annoying after a while - I've probably spent two hours combined just fighting respawns, not to mention it means more frequent 10+ minute walks back to town to stock up in potions.

Last, anyone got tips on how to beat Yrrmaxius (undead boss in the Colosseum ruins)? He literally wipes my party out in about 2 seconds. Playing a paladin which means that my access to magic is very limited.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
@Comissar Draco : Already did this, and she confessed everything. Burned the Heretic that she accused of heresy. When i accuse teh leader of the heretics he dissapear, and im left with no clues ;_;

Also, whats the deal with the pentagram in the last level of the iron mines? Theres only enemies there

check the site of Black Mass near Dragon Rock

Mrowak

Arcane
Last, anyone got tips on how to beat Yrrmaxius (undead boss in the Colosseum ruins)? He literally wipes my party out in about 2 seconds. Playing a paladin which means that my access to magic is very limited.

I don't know if it's the same guy we are talking about (some kind of liche that made himself undead with the chalice of metamorphosis, right?) Anyway what I did:

Prior to the battle I cast on myself Bless, Shield of Faith and (most importanly) Salvation - in that order. When the combat began I hit Pause/Break key, immediately clicked away from the bastard and gulped all three potions (since the fucker can reduce you to 0 HP in 0.6 seconds). Then I kited him with Locust Swarm, pausing the game just once cooldown ended to drink more pots and cast another spell. Rinse and repeat. It works in every major fight with bosses (e.g. the spirits in the old pagan temple in the area next to collosseum). Honsetly, if the pause wasn't there the game would be nigh unplayable with the speed bosses can take you down.

Unfortunately that was a magic build - I have no idea how to win this fight without serious kiting.

ironyuri

update from act 3, cathedral and holy office buildings are beautiful. they rival some of the best 2d art i've seen in years.

heretics to the left of me, pagans to the right here i am stuck inquisiting again.

XenomorphII

Prophet
I have been playing this (rogue, just started Act II) and I like it a lot. The game looks nice, generally has good atmosphere, and is fun. Combat is meh (not to bothered by some of the worse aspects of it so far because I am an archer and let my 3 meat shields do the potion chug while I stay mostly out of danger, respawns haven't bothered me too much so far).

One question though, I have been playing good (mostly), but I seem to notice what appear to be some evilish choices around and was wondering if that is an actual path? Can you actually align with the heretics? Or do you just become the asshole inquisitor that does dickish things, but still thwarts evil?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
On the one hand, it's reasonable to expect a game released in 2012 to adhere to modern standards. Adding a zoom in/out option would not be unreasonable in a game like this. it already uses D3D so you could presumably just dynamically scale the 2D art like they are doing with Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition. It might look kinda shit but it'd still be useful at times, and you could always zoom out again when you wan

2D art looks crappy when zoomed without extensive filtering. The whole field is a subject of heavy research of all freeware programmers who are doing research, there is no simple solution that can be applied on every situation. The whole research starts with:

oox
oxx
xxx

find function which can describe object well and can preserve SHARPNESS. 2. as an additional requirenment, which can seriously complicate things, preserve original colors... (Now lets hope you have at least 200000 colors otherwise you are in serious shit.)
3. as an additional requirenment it should be fast to be applied in realtime.

Kron

Arcane
So... played the town of Act I and a couple of locations around.
Impression so far: I would just love to like this game, but I really can't.

It would initially seem the whole setting is a notable incline; letting you play as a pseudo-catholic inquisitor priest is a really nice change, and feels strangely badass.
Plus, all the talking about those damned heretical plots, God, burning pagans and the Inquisitorial Office is quite fitting.
Gameworld is suitingly grim, without trying too hard.
Probably one of the things I liked the best from the town is the fact that everyone seems to suspect their neighbors of being heretics, making up reasons and speculating as to why.
Skill descriptions are pretty good, and so are the ones for items, if a bit too long for the latter.
The HUD for the priest I found to be quite nice. At least inventory and the like don't look like a Flash menu.

Now, the major turn offs of the game are many to me.
Dialogue feels strange. It's not badly written, but if you compare it to say, Torment, in this game we've got no descriptions, there is no change in the accent or way of speaking of characters. They all end up feeling the same, and with such walls of text, really tedious.
The whole combat thing is total shit. It somehow feels like Arcanum real time combat, without that crappy combat music. Everything is so floaty, lacks impact and satisfaction. Not to even mention strategy.
If I could define combat up to this point, to me it would be "potion chugging simulator". And that fucking dog - the motherfucker was taught by his former owner how to steal potions from my inventory and drink them on his own.
The worst part tough, setting-wise, was when the orcs, ogres and trolls showed up. WTF, I thought this was supposed to be a medieval-catholic-like world? They just feels so out of place and totally kill the mood. The devs should have gone with monsters of satanist-pagan mythos.
And the way they are placed in the maps: whole locations that are almost empty, with monsters thrown in here and there. It feels stupid and reminds too much of those shitty Arcanum levels.
Dungeons, so far are the same crap. Linear corridors with monsters. There is never a hint as to what happened in the dungeon (gameworld wise). Here is where I sense so many similarities with the worst parts of Arcanum.
Its is, as was said above, incredibly tedious. I really feel no motivation to continue with the game.

TL;DR: Initially nice concept and setting, partially ruined later.
Shit combat and wilderness/dungeons.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom