Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Czech game "Inquisitor" - ever heard of it?

ironyuri

It is mind-boggling why they would force such a hard dungeon upon the player at the end of Act 1! I guess they want to challenge you while you are still a weakling. Regardless, the Iron Mines dungeon is where most people ragequit :butthurt:

I found the Iron Mines easy if taken systematically, and if you completed most of the rest of the maps first.

For example, you can do execution grounds, Hillbrandt cemetery, mining village cemetery, Asherbalt, Levels 1-3 of the Iron Mines, Dragon Rock path, Dragon Rock, tree of death, Levels 4-6 of the Iron mines without much trouble. (in a similar order).

Level up on undead and easy orcs, then level up on trolls and ogres, then finish off the Act. Each act has a similar difficulty progression vis a vis enemy levels. When in doubt, return to town before descending to the next level of an area, and restock, then return. Yes it's tedious, but many games like this were in the 90s, we're just wearing rose tinted goggles pretending they weren't. Diablo could be tedious, Arcanum could be tedious, Fallout could be tedious and Lionheart was tedium incarnate (Inquisitor is te deum incarnate, get it? :yeah:).

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Yes it's tedious, but many games like this were in the 90s, we're just wearing rose tinted goggles pretending they weren't.

Well, they were, but that generally isn't hold as a point in their favour. At the very least they did not have completely broken interfaces and mechanics. At the very least they were quite competent in their area of focus. At the very least the tedius part was 30% of the experience and 70% was enjoyment - not the other way round.

I honestly thought that Iron mines was the last so bad dungeon in the game - boy, how wrong I was.

ironyuri

Yes it's tedious, but many games like this were in the 90s, we're just wearing rose tinted goggles pretending they weren't.

Well, they were, but that generally isn't hold as a point in their favour. At the very least they did not have completely broken interfaces and mechanics. At the very least they were quite competent in their area of focus. At the very least the tedius part was 30% of the experience and 70% was enjoyment - not the other way round.

I honestly thought that Iron mines was the last so bad dungeon in the game - boy, how wrong I was.

Haha, I'm with you browak. But I find Inquisitor too compelling to drop. It's become a challenge to finish this.

flabbyjack

Arcane
If they ditched all the dungeons this would be more enjoyable... an easy fix would be to make the enemies do 1/2 damage, maybe someone could mod it. Apparently on regular and hard difficulties all the magic items you find become better

hrose

Educated
Is there a way to limit framerate? It's making my videocard burn.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Yes there is. First your card should be able to run at full power for 10 hours without problem. If you bought a high end card to be able to play some GFX demanding games, you should expect the card would go hot. One possibility is to plug in a slower card, and play it on a slower card. Other possibility is to underclock your card.

ironyuri

Just got Fae-Daerlion's spellbook. Fucking fear-wraiths man, how do they work.

hrose

Educated
Ye there is. First your card should be able to run at full power for 10 hours without problem. If you bought a high end card to be able to play some GFX demanding games, you should expect the card would go hot. One possibility is to plug in a slower card, and play it on a slower card. Other possibility is to underclock your card.

I've asked because it's an hassle to adjust things every time I boot the game. And the game really doesn't need to run at 300 FPS.

I've asked if there's some setting to limit FPS. The answer is yes or no, what I should or shouldn't do is my own business.

ironyuri

just interrogated the duchess.

infernal babbies where does infernal babby come from?

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU KILL THIS SHIT?

LizardKing

Scholar
Devil's Caverns.. NOOOO!!
The whole town part of Act II was great and enjoyable and then we get this horrible filler dungeon!
There's absolutely nothing interesting going on in there, other than lizardmen having a barbeque 'round every corner.
It felt like playing Diablo with a horrible combat system and absence of good loot, totally pointless and definitely not fun.
My priest is doing some serious ass kicking though, so I tried to finish the dungeon as fast as I could.

Right now Im in the end of Act II, going after the fat bastard.

I have few quest related items in my inventory, which I have not found a quest:
Sun crystal
Stone of the temple of the first prophet (something like that, found that from Devil's Caverns)

Is this some Act III stuff? Or have I missed something?

Shadenuat

Arcane
Arh, my dog drank about 10 gallons of magical luquids worth thousand gps before I understood how to stop it from doing it :lol:

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
It is mind-boggling why they would force such a hard dungeon upon the player at the end of Act 1! I guess they want to challenge you while you are still a weakling. Regardless, the Iron Mines dungeon is where most people ragequit :butthurt:

I found the Iron Mines easy if taken systematically, and if you completed most of the rest of the maps first.

For example, you can do execution grounds, Hillbrandt cemetery, mining village cemetery, Asherbalt, Levels 1-3 of the Iron Mines, Dragon Rock path, Dragon Rock, tree of death, Levels 4-6 of the Iron mines without much trouble. (in a similar order).

Level up on undead and easy orcs, then level up on trolls and ogres, then finish off the Act. Each act has a similar difficulty progression vis a vis enemy levels. When in doubt, return to town before descending to the next level of an area, and restock, then return. Yes it's tedious, but many games like this were in the 90s, we're just wearing rose tinted goggles pretending they weren't. Diablo could be tedious, Arcanum could be tedious, Fallout could be tedious and Lionheart was tedium incarnate (Inquisitor is te deum incarnate, get it? :yeah:).
I did these things too and the dungeon is still hard, but probaly not that hard if i venture there unprepared! Playing on easy

ironyuri

I've been playing on medium this whole time, you faggots.

I'm level 31, 75% through act II, boning shit in the ass like a boss. Suck it up. Then put it on the rack.

PS. I have 22 magic bawkses. Haven't used any yet.

Like that? yeah say my name bawkses

pps. abusing the fuck out of quick save/load right now.

21 skill points from freed genies here i come. :smug:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Arh, my dog drank about 10 gallons of magical luquids worth thousand gps before I understood how to stop it from doing it :lol:
You can feed him by hand.

I've asked if there's some setting to limit FPS. The answer is yes or no, what I should or shouldn't do is my own business.

I answered yes no in the first sentence of the reply. If that is not enough, NVidia released GTX 650 today. You can buy it and play old games and games with low requirements on it.

Comrade Goby

Magister
SO how is this game shaping up to be?

I've heard mixed things about it.

I'm more interested in the story is there C&C?

Terpsichore

Arcane
I wouldn't mind the boring dungeons if there was anything interesting to be gained, loot is so pointless i don't even pick it up.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Money is tight on the start... and they could give Golden gear with Fixed parameters.... Once I found a two hander sword with +100 damage against all and learned how to fix it... Orcs die like vermin... Remove the Orcish Kebab from Premises!

Executer

Phrenologist
I've been playing on medium this whole time, you faggots.

I'm level 31, 75% through act II, boning shit in the ass like a boss. Suck it up. Then put it on the rack.

PS. I have 22 magic bawkses. Haven't used any yet.

Like that? yeah say my name bawkses

pps. abusing the fuck out of quick save/load right now.

21 skill points from freed genies here i come. :smug:

The friar in the execution grounds keeps selling magic boxes if you feel like breaking the game Batmans back stylez.

LizardKing

Scholar

Right now playing Act III and I have to say that this game's got some charm.
In my opinion the storyline, setting and atmosphere are the strongest elements.
Not much C&C AFAIK.
Combat is sub-par and dungeon design is ok at it's best and HORRIBLE at it's worst (and I mean it).

I still have mixed feelings about the game, "a flawed gem" might be a good term to describe it but it's hard to tell yet.
It's definitely worth the 10$ I paid for it, that's for sure.

Ringhausen

Augur
So is anyone playing Act II all cloak and dagger? I'm going around asking everyone about the cult and telling them what I know.

168zhc3.jpg

What could go wrong?

Executer

Phrenologist

Right now playing Act III and I have to say that this game's got some charm.
In my opinion the storyline, setting and atmosphere are the strongest elements.
Not much C&C AFAIK.
Combat is sub-par and dungeon design is ok at it's best and HORRIBLE at it's worst (and I mean it).

I still have mixed feelings about the game, "a flawed gem" might be a good term to describe it but it's hard to tell yet.
It's definitely worth the 10$ I paid for it, that's for sure.

If the combat and items could be rebalanced, and respawns reduced and removed altogether in some areas (especially the longer more tedious dungeons) it would be Codex approved without too much difficulty.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Ok, time for some retarded questions in act 1(possible SPOILERS):

1-Is the Monstrance quest for priests only(playing a paladin)? I find it, but nobody cares,and i killed the vampire bishop disciple romius(nobody give a fuck)!
2-How to join the knight bros in Act 1? They say im not entitled :lol:
3- In the iron mines i killed a knight bro(the suspicious one), but my paladin says he's fake! wheres the real one?
4-Theres a unbreakable chest in the iron mines (in a dungeon with fallen spirits)! How to open it?

Fun exploit: Release the genie box in dangerous fights! He kill the enemys and ask your wish later( tell him you don need him :smug:)

Stakhanov

Augur
Ok, time for some retarded questions in act 1(possible SPOILERS):

1-Is the Monstrance quest for priests only(playing a paladin)? I find it, but nobody cares,and i killed the vampire bishop disciple romius(nobody give a fuck)!
2-How to join the knight bros in Act 1? They say im not entitled :lol:
3- In the iron mines i killed a knight bro(the suspicious one), but my paladin says he's fake! wheres the real one?
4-Theres a unbreakable chest in the iron mines (in a dungeon with fallen spirits)! How to open it?

Fun exploit: Release the genie box in dangerous fights! He kill the enemys and ask your wish later( tell him you don need him :smug:)

1 and 3. Talk to D'Arvais who is near a campfire to the north of Hillbrandt. When I returned his sword from the fake he also let me turn in the monstrance quest. This also answers 2 since you join the knights once you accomplish these two quests. 4 relates to something that happens later on.

Comrade Goby

Magister
Holy fuck I can't see shit.

It's zoomed so far away and things are so small.

Potions take up like 3 pixels of space.

Can anything be done about this?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom