Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 Released, Phantom Liberty Reviews

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

likash

Savant
Glory to Ukraine
Between 8-8,5 is the right score. The only 9 game this year is Baldur's Gate 3.
CDPR should focus on the Witcher series and let the cyberpunk universe alone.

PanteraNera

Arcane
You know goddamn well what to do, RPG Codex.
Yep!
Aye!
robbie-rotten-stefan-karl.gif

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I wonder if I'll play this one for 1.5 hours, say it's shit, refund it, and then buy it for 80% off in two years, and enjoy it with 30 mods installed?

Cyberpunk is the new Skyrim.

MasPingon

Arcane
This 4/10 PC Invasion review claims there are too many cutscenes.

https://www.pcinvasion.com/cyberpun...-dark-and-gritty-but-perhaps-not-as-intended/

I haven't played CP2077 (apart from running the benchmark and crying myself to sleep afterwards), but too many cutscenes was already a problem for me with The Witcher 3 and its expansions. And I'm a witcher fanboy since I read the first book at 13-yo.
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty is 75% waiting for a character to explain the plot to you, 15% waiting for ‘So and So to call you,’ and 10% actual action.

This is the best review of CP2077 I've read, it tells exactly what's this game biggest problem(not like it doesn't have a hell lot of problems). It's not only DLC, whole game is like that. It wouldn't be as bad(but still bad) if dialogs weren't so bland and uninspired - there is no barter, no jokes, anything even remotely "controversial" that makes you think . The only thing writers were allowed to do is to joke about farts, masturbation, body fluids and conservatives. Just like in any casual movie these days. That's the edginess of CP2077, just look at advertisments on streets of Night City. It seems like they were trying to satisfy ESG moralists so hard, that's how they want human interactions to look like.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I think I'm actually going to wait until the DLC itself is released then maybe wait another week or so after that to install it. I sort of feel like just backing up my save files and completely reinstalling the game w/ 2.0 to make sure it's clean.

Herpinski derpinski?

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
What do you mean by clean, breaking saves? It works fine with existing ones, CDPR's recommendation to start a new save is not for compatibility reasons.
No, I mean clean as in no niggling little glitches hanging around based on upgrading the original installation. I've always found that, especially when it comes to high-demand games like CP2077, a fresh installation when a major patch comes out is good policy.

Even if my previous saves wouldn't be 100% compatible I'm not that worried about it. I wouldn't mind retiring my original V and starting over.

racofer

Thread Incliner
New Game+ must be the most complex system of every game ever made before for CDPR to still pass on implementing it.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
New Game+ must be the most complex system of every game ever made before for CDPR to still pass on implementing it.
Starfield did and it suffers from it due to lack of level scaling and quests give the same amount of xp as on level 1. rather do it right or not do it at all

Zeriel

Arcane
Starfield did and it suffers from it due to lack of level scaling and quests give the same amount of xp as on level 1. rather do it right or not do it at all

Honestly unless there is some story component (like Chrono Trigger) I don't think it EVER is a satisfying implementation. NG+ just for the sake of visibly increasing numbers on damage popups is kinda dumb.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard

Honestly unless there is some story component (like Chrono Trigger) I don't think it EVER is a satisfying implementation. NG+ just for the sake of visibly increasing numbers on damage popups is kinda dumb.
that's not how it works in Starfield tho. The point of NG+ is to collect upgrades for your Spaceborn powers, which makes your character better in combat but numbers are capped and don't scale in NG+, kind of pointless because you lose all your items and enemies are never really a challenge, hence why I said bad implementation.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Arthandas

Prophet
I wonder if I'll play this one for 1.5 hours, say it's shit, refund it, and then buy it for 80% off in two years, and enjoy it with 30 mods installed?

Cyberpunk is the new Skyrim.
Man, even if you don't like CP, comparing it to Skyrim is insulting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom