Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crazy modders strike again: Bloodlines Revival

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
You won't regret it. As far as the patch goes I used one that restores some minor cut content (like the backgrounds for the clans) but can't remember which.
Oh and if I may suggest it play the game as a malkavian only on your second playthrough. I think you'll appreciate it more knowing what a "normal" playthrough is like.

MetalCraze

Arcane
sportforredneck said:
To prevent declining the codex any further than I already have, I'll get the game and play it. But what is the best patch to get? Since I know there's a lot of bugs and such in the game.

I've heard that Wesp5 patch adds unwanted shit except bugfixes so I've played with Tessera's "True" patch which is according to Wesp5 is his own patch only with unwanted shit cleared out. Also as any stereotypical modder he was too butthurt over it here at Codex - which is another reason why you should get Tessera's patch (last version was 5.04AT or something). I've finished a game with it and didn't encounter any bugs (Except Source's trademarked "ai disabled" broken paths bugs - read below)
Don't play Malkavian on your first playthrough (keep it for later playthroughs). Simply because you won't understand anything not knowing the storyline and all.

Oh and don't forget to open autoexec.cfg and write ai_norebuildnodegraph "1" (or something like that - don't remember clearly) and save it with "read-only" option - otherwise you may get many broken NPC paths (they will just stand in one place doing nothing)
If you will get broken paths (it doesn't depend on the patch - it's Source's illness) - simply replace the game map folder with map folder from Tessera's patch archive again and reload from savegame made before entering the location where you got broken scripts.
Save often in other words.
I'm not sure if it will happen to you though - but it happened to me 2 or 3 times during my playthroughs of vanilla VtmB and patched VtmB as well.

Fez

Erudite
Tessera was the drama queen with the weird nude patches, not Wesp5.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Tessera's patch has been outdated a long time ago. Use Wesp's. It comes in 2 flavors, basic and plus, so if you're worried about arbitrary changes, just install the basic version and be done with it.

wjw

Augur
skyway said:
I've heard that Wesp5 patch adds unwanted shit except bugfixes so I've played with Tessera's "True" patch which is according to Wesp5 is his own patch only with unwanted shit cleared out. Also as any stereotypical modder he was too butthurt over it here at Codex - which is another reason why you should get Tessera's patch (last version was 5.04AT or something). I've finished a game with it and didn't encounter any bugs (Except Source's trademarked "ai disabled" broken paths bugs - read below)

You sir, are very misinformed.

WalterKinde

Scholar
Luckily i already own the half life and half life 2 platinum collection but having to power up steam again i wonder if improved eye candy in bloodlines is really worth the hassle of a steam install again.

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
sportforredneck said:
I'm guessing that there is no character customization for how you look, yes?

I'm afraid not (or not as much as you probably want). How you look depends on the clan you choose and, obviously, gender.

covr

Prophet
Patron
neh, another vaporware for another unfinished game. It will be never released, face the truth, fags.

Sir_Brennus

Scholar
wjw said:
skyway said:

You sir, are very misinformed.

QFT!

barker_s said:
I'm afraid not (or not as much as you probably want). How you look depends on the clan you choose and, obviously, gender.
I'm pretty sure I'm going to be stuck playing a black vampire, so cheap. Who wants to be black?

Mister Arkham

Scholar
sportforredneck said:
barker_s said:
I'm pretty sure I'm going to be stuck playing a black vampire, so cheap. Who wants to be black?

I don't recall any of the player models being black. Just throwing that out there.

Mister Arkham said:
sportforredneck said:
barker_s said:

I don't recall any of the player models being black. Just throwing that out there.
Then what is the Brujah guy? He seems black to me...pale black, yes but still black. he's got like a doo-rag/hairnet type ting on.

Why is Bloodlines not that critically acclaimed or talked about anywhere besides here? I've been playing it, and just met the Nosferatu guy who'll take me to the warehouse, and so far despite longish load times and some slowdowns, it's one of the most awesome gaming experiences I've had. Just so entertaining, and now so depressing that Troika died.

God dammit, I've seemed to fuck up the game. It would give me an error every few hours over some LockVertexBuffer or something. So I decided to install the latest version of the NVIDIA chip that would work with my computer, but now the program works, but it doesn't actually display on my monitor. Anyone know of fixes?

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Lestat said:
Andyman Messiah said:
Just wait until you meet Gary.
Everyone must play a Toreador at least once for the extra dialogue Degenerates get at that scene.

I had no idea. Guess that's gonna be next playthrough then. I always wanted to try celerity too.

Alex

Arcane
sportforredneck said:
God dammit, I've seemed to fuck up the game. It would give me an error every few hours over some LockVertexBuffer or something. So I decided to install the latest version of the NVIDIA chip that would work with my computer, but now the program works, but it doesn't actually display on my monitor. Anyone know of fixes?

I had a problem where the game wouldn't display because of the display rate (it was either too low or too high). If that is your case, you can fix the display rate on directx (use dxdialog) and force the game to use a decent rate.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Open up DXDiag, in the 'More Help' tab, there should be an 'Override' button. A new mini-window should pop up, click on the override option and enter a refresh rate that's within your monitor's range.

I fixed it. I found out the way on the internet, and then lowered my settings. The problem was that my computer didn't allow enough memory to be used.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom