Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crazy modders strike again: Bloodlines Revival

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Check this out. Several fine gentlemen of the most respectable kind are working on porting Bloodlines to the current version of the Source engine. If they succeed in their noble undertaking, the perfomance issues that are blighting VtM: B will finally be solved. A lot of progress has been made, and some maps can even be compiled in Hammer. You can find the instructions here. As a bonus, the port will be much easier to mod and expand than the current version of the game; one of the first attempts can be found here. The parallax mapped Giovanni mansion looks incredible.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I remember when I saw this shortly after some Germans managed to enable multiplayer again.

And business is picking up!

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
To achieve this, a dedicated team of hobbyists are working on converting the original content into the new engine. This has the following benefits:

*To bring the fans of the game an SDK to work with

*This allows fans to make their own Bloodlines content - maps, textures, quests, npcs - anything and everything

Holy shit, I really hope they succeed. Being able to make a whole new VtmB with quests, maps, dialogues and all that? Do want!

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
So, this project is still alive ? I feared it was kinda dead, so these are very good news indeed.

Starwars

Arcane
I remember reading about this a ways back (can't remember when), but since there hadn't been much progress (or progress had not been public), I forgot about it rather quickly.

If it could be completed, then that'd be pretty dang nice. Maybe someone could mod all the suck out of the game.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
What's wrong with you guys; the screenshots look just awful.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
smpawnshop1d0019cz5.jpg

fucking barf

Bluebottle

Erudite
Patron
Dead State Wasteland 2
I wouldn't know for certain, but it looks to me, from what little experience I've had in Hammer, that the above shot has been compiled without the lighting (which can be done to save time on compile if you're just testing something not lighting related). Why you'd want that shot to be seen by anyone other than internal team members is another matter.

Still, adding the capability to properly mod the game is really what's of importance.

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Fuck off Jasede, it's far from finished, you're looking at WIP screenshots and you're complaining that they don't look pretty?

In before NOT ENOUGH BLOOM!!!11one

Edit: And Bluebottle is right. It's been compiled in fullbright.

Deleted member 7219

I am slightly skeptical, however Valve's Source SDK is meant to be really good so I guess it's possible.

To prevent declining the codex any further than I already have, I'll get the game and play it. But what is the best patch to get? Since I know there's a lot of bugs and such in the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom