Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cow Guru, I too have been banned.

Greatatlantic

Erudite
Admiral jimbob said:
Fintilgin said:
That is, assuming they dare to make a Fallout 3 forum. :twisted:

They can just ask to use NMA.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Might as well. The moderates of both sites seem to enjoy the ban button to help them win arguments. Or at least to keep the dissent to a minimum. I like NMA, I really do. Its just that they are a wee bit unfriendly to anyone who hasn't posted there since the BoS was announced.

Sentenza

Scholar
Suspended for bypassing the auto-censor (too used to the Codex freedom of speech I guess), although I think was only an excuse...

My first suspension; I'm almost proud of it; now I only need to get banned once :twisted:

Briosafreak

Augur
Admiral jimbob said:
Fintilgin said:
That is, assuming they dare to make a Fallout 3 forum. :twisted:

They can just ask to use NMA.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No need,the forum will be made public on the Beth forum in a few months time. We're not planing to destroy the place FOBOS style (don't know about the DAC kids though and the old guys that resurfaced when the game was anounced, many can return again), we're just not going to give much attention to it, although someone will look into news that may appear on it, since so many NMA members are interested in them (don't know why, really...).

Darkflame

Scholar
Admiral jimbob said:
Sentenza said:
Suspended for bypassing the auto-censor (too used to the Codex freedom of speech I guess), although I think was only an excuse...

My first suspension; I'm almost proud of it; now I only need to get banned once :twisted:

I've been banned four times. Beat that, sir.

Amateurs.

Being a big gay tubesteak hahahahahahahahag
Darkflame said:
Admiral jimbob said:
Sentenza said:

I've been banned four times. Beat that, sir.

Amateurs.

But only one of my bans - the second jimbob 11 - was as a kill-on-sight member. jimbob_11, Cow_Guru and Cow Guru all lasted a while.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Greatatlantic said:
Might as well. The moderates of both sites seem to enjoy the ban button to help them win arguments. Or at least to keep the dissent to a minimum. I like NMA, I really do. Its just that they are a wee bit unfriendly to anyone who hasn't posted there since the BoS was announced.
Bullshit. Most people I've witnessed being banned deliberately and repeatedly broke the forum rules after being warned, on top of insulting admins. NMA isn't low-moderation like the Codex, but I've never seen anyone get banned who hadn't had it coming.

In fact, I've seem several people who appear to be sensible posters on other forums, but marked their short visit to NMA by making an outright obnoxious first post followed by the offenses I stated above, delighting in provocing the admins until they are finally banned, after which they gloat elsewhere that they were supposedly banned for having a different opinion.
The idea that the admins on NMA are trying to keep dissent to a minimum is as ridiculous as the claim that the Codex has a hive mind and that all Codexers love Baldur's Gate.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Briosafreak said:
No need,the forum will be made public on the Beth forum in a few months time.
That brings up an interesting point. So far, all Beth forums I am aware of are The Elder Scrolls forums. So... will the Fallout forum be a subforum of the Elder Scrolls forum?

Monica21

Scholar
Claw said:
That brings up an interesting point. So far, all Beth forums I am aware of are The Elder Scrolls forums. So... will the Fallout forum be a subforum of the Elder Scrolls forum?
Unlikely, since it's not an ES game. They're probably working on a new site and forum for Fallout.

Goliath

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Maybe Fallout 3 will actually take place in the Elder Scrolls world? :shock:
Just a few thousand years in the future after a nuclear holocaust!
Imagine a mad max style dumner getting a blow job from an argonian hooker - The Elder Scrolls: Fallout!

One thing for sure: Fallout 3 WILL have katanas!

User was nabbed fit

NMA will ban you if you're new, they don't like you (for having a dissenting opinion, for example) and if you continue being cocky... well, I don't agree with everything they say, and I'm quite cocky when I want to be, so I just avoid posting there so as to not be banned.

Briosafreak

Augur
Monica21 said:
Claw said:
Unlikely, since it's not an ES game. They're probably working on a new site and forum for Fallout.

New site yes, but the forum will be on the TES forum. It's more a slow chat, with all the topics disapeiring after a month, and therefore you'll find again new people making the same questions and delivering the same arguments over and over again, like today. Boring. Although to be fair there are quite more interesting posts and fans with critical ideas than what i thought previously, but since everything is gone after a month or so the place isn't really worth the trouble.

Edit: Fallout will have katanas and Speedtree@ ruins!

Monica21

Scholar
Briosafreak said:
New site yes, but the forum will be on the TES forum.
If they do that, it will make absolutely no sense. But I suppose that shouldn't suprise me. They'd probably do something along the lines of changing the forums completely to be a general Bethesda games forums, with subforums for each game. Likely keeping the same moderators.

Lumpy

Arcane
I think they said several times that the forums won't be on www.elderscrolls.com, for obvious reasons.
Besides, there is also a Call of Cthlulhu (?) forum, so there will most likely be a Fallout 3 one. Or maybe a generic Fallout one.

Lumpy

Arcane
Admiral jimbob said:
Lumpy said:
I think they said several times that the forums won't be on www.elderscrolls.com, for obvious reasons.
Besides, there is also a Call of Cthlulhu (?) forum, so there will most likely be a Fallout 3 one. Or maybe a generic Fallout one.

Bethesda didn't develope Call of Cthulhu, though. Headfirst did.
I know, but it's still a Bethesda style site and forum.

Vidken

Novice
Not only katanas, but every other fucking piece of content in the game will be references to popular culture, TES, classic books... you know, for "teh intelagent eestar eggs". Vault names will be french words for "rimjob" and "teabagging", and there will be dead bodies everywhere with two sentence journals that talk about how the dead person was going to defeat some creature with a resistance to fire while using a fucking Pistol of Frost.

Every bandit and highwayman will wear Power Armor when you get to a high enough level.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom